RUH Captcha is a WordPress plugin that helps
filtering out all robot attempts to register/comment.
A human being can identify easily (after a few moments of thinking, of course) two closest matching objects from nine. Standard version comes with a static set of pictures, stored in my database. Customization is possible, please contact me if you are interested. Also, some security improvement may be added.
For more information, check out RUH.
- Upload all files to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/RUH’ directory
- Activate the plugin through ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- How your plugin is different from another ‘intellectual’ captchas which use questions only people can answer?
As of text question-based captchas, I have strong feeling they are in the past – Mr. Turing started the battle with bots more than 50 years ago (please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA).
Can you imagine how many P.H.D.’s were made from this topic since then?:) So, what can we do today to prevail? IMO, we have to use cutting-edge technologies to be one (or, better, two) step ahead of bot-writing people.
- What do you think about this technique? – nobotsallowed.com
Thank you for the link, it is very interesting technique.
The only disadvantage, IMO, is that it tells the User what to do in plain English, it might be a weak spot. My method and the code don’t use any meaningful words which can be used as a clue how to solve the puzzle.
- Please, take a look on typical comments on the Web: “I hate any intellectual captcha. If I see it, I never send a comment and leave the site”. What do you think about this issue?
I believe that most of these comments are about reCAPTCHA (i.e. text-based CAPTCHA) because of difficulties in decifering the scrambled text even for humans. Although, in order to be more tolerant to the people, the plugin might be activated only for initial registration, leaving comments either unprotected or choosing another, ‘lighter’ CAPTCHA for them.
Contributors & Developers
“pRove yoU are a Human! (RUH) image based Captcha plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release