Activating the Proper Widgets plugin is just like any other plugin. If you've uploaded the plugin package to your server already, skip to step 5 below:
- In your WordPress admin, go to Plugins > Add New
- In the Search field type "proper widgets"
- Under "Proper Widgets," click the Install Now link
- Once the process is complete, click the Activate Plugin link
- Now, go to Appearance > Widgets and you'll see the new widgets ready to be used
- Simply drag a widget to a widget location, configure, and save