Adds the ability to generate dynamic profile links for BuddyPress users in pages, posts, CPTs and HTML / text widgets. When a user is logged out the message “You need to login to see this link” is displayed instead of the profile link.
Tested and working with BuddyPress 4.4.0 and WordPress 5.2.3
[profile url="messages/" text="Inbox"] [profile url="messages/sentbox/" text="Sent"] [profile class="my-custom-class" url="profile/change-avatar/" text="Update your profile picture"] [profile rel="nofollow" class="my-custom-class" url="messages" target="_blank" text="Check your inbox"]
If you do not define a value for the URL attribute a generic link will be generated to the members profile. A value must always be defined for the text attribute.
Third party plugins
This will work with any third party plugin that generates a page within the BuddyPress members profile. Copy the remainder of the URL after the members username and paste into the url field.
Support is offered via WordPress.org only. Feel free to open a new topic and share any issues you’ve experienced.
User profile icon – smashicons
- Go to WP Admin > Plugins > Add New
- Search Profile Links for BuddyPress
- Install and activate
There are no settings for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Profile Links for BuddyPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Profile Links for BuddyPress” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Profile Links for BuddyPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added ability to define a target use
target="_blank"etc in shortcode. See examples for more details. Thanks to @dogfishdesign for the suggestion.
- Added ability to define a rel use
rel="nofollow"etc in shortcode. See examples for more details.
- Added ability to define a class use
class="my-custom-class"etc in shortcode. See examples for more details.
- Added warning notice to WordPress plugins page if BuddyPress is not active
- WordPress 5.2.1
- BuddyPress 4.3.0
- Fixed an issue where members page slug was assumed rather than dynamically generated
- Removed need for first forward slash after username
- Fixed an error where logged out text was returned at the top of main content
- Code tidy
- Added the ability to translate the logged out text
- Initial Release