The Procure Eminence Theater allows your viewers to focus their attention by fading out the background and making the current YouTube video the central object. All videos will be listed in one place for convenience and each video loads asynchronously, meaning there are no more page refreshes. Since videos don’t load until they’re clicked on, the initial load time per page will be reduced when compared to the same page using YouTube’s embed code. Please refer to the list below for other key features and benefits.
- Animated opening and closing of the Procure Eminence Theater.
- Easy to add YouTube videos – Copy links from YouTube and paste them into the Theater admin page.
- Add custom titles to each video.
- Autoplay – Play videos as soon as they load.
- Suggested YouTube videos – Show suggested videos when the current video finishes.
- HTTPS – Encryption of data to prevent “Mixed Content” warnings on HTTPS enabled websites.
- Privacy-Enhanced mode – Restrict YouTube’s ability to set cookies for your viewers.
- Theater background opacity – Adjusts the background transparency. (3 settings: Light, dark and solid black.)
- Videos automatically resize based on current browser window size.
- Videos open without requiring a page refresh.
- Works with these web browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari and IE8+.
- Upload the Procure Eminence Theater plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click on the “Procure Eminence Theater” link in the admin settings menu.
- Select the options you would like to use.
- Paste in the links to your YouTube videos in the order you would like them to appear in the theater drop down menu.
- Create a short title for each video.
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
- Place [ProcureEminenceTheater] in your posts or on any page to add a “Open Theater” button.
How do I let my website visitors open the Procure Eminence Theater?
You can do it one of two ways:
- Paste the following shortcode in your posts or on any page: [ProcureEminenceTheater]. This method will insert a basic “Open Theater” button into your post.
- Add the following function call to any element using the onclick event handler:
onclick="openTheater()". This method allows you to add a custom button, image or other html element for the viewer to click on.
<img src="/example.png" onclick="openTheater()"/>
Contributors & Developers
“Procure Eminence Theater” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Added support for WordPress version 3.5.1
- Initial Release (Beta)