The Pregnancy Calculator can estimate a pregnancy schedule based on the provided due date. An estimated due date, usually based on a sonogram, is typically obtained from a health care provider during a prenatal visit. It is also possible to estimate the due date based on the biological cycle using the Due Date Calculator. You can calculate the Pregnancy by using Multiple Criteria.
Pregnancy Calculator Features
This calculator may be used to calculate the best date range to book a Nuchal Translucency Scan and Morphology Scan :
- NT scan may be performed between 11wks–13wks 6 days (CRL 45-84mm) however as individual babies grow slightly differently and to visualize the foetal bladder and heart the very best range is 12wks 3days to 13wks 3day
- Morphology scan is best booked after 19wks but before 22wks.
To use the calculator simply select one of the following
2. When ovulation & conception occurred
3. Age of foetus today
OR you may, in the bottom drop box of the calculator, enter the date of a previous ultrasound and foetal age at that scan if the patients EDD was not reported. The dates at which you should book your scans will automatically be displayed.You can also find out how many weeks pregnant a patient will be on a particular date by selecting a date between the patients LMP and EDD in the second last drop down box after you have performed the initial calculations.Should you enter a date incorrectly or have a new calculation REFRESHING the web page will clear previous calculations.
Pregnancy Calculator report
Each Pregnancy Calculator report contains the following information:
1. Estimated Due date
2. Probable date of conception (about two weeks after the last menstrual period)
3. Foetal Age at Today
4. Best date range for NT scan(12 wks 3 days to 13 wks 3 days)
5. 19 Weeks / Morphology Scan Date
6. Estimated Due Date (40 Weeks)
7. Approximate Pregnancy days in weeks
8. Previous Ultrasound Date and Foetal Age On That Day
The information provide by this calculator is not a diagnosis. The calculations that are provided are an estimate based on averages and that the EDD provided by the patients’ health care provider is the best date to use. This site is not responsible for incorrect usage of this calculator or incorrect booking times based on information provided by this calculator.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/pregnancy-calculatordirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Create a Page or post with any name and insert [pregnancy-calculator] shortcode.
- You can change the labels from a top level menu called “Pregnancy Calculator”.
- Open the page and enjoy the plugin.
How is my due date calculated?
Your due date is calculated by adding 280 days (40 weeks) to the first day of your last menstrual period (assuming a 28-day cycle).
Note that your menstrual period and ovulation are counted as the first two weeks of pregnancy. If you deliver on your due date, your baby is actually only 38 weeks old, not 40.
Is due date calculation effective?
Please remember that your due date is only an estimate. Every pregnancy is unique and your baby will come when it’s ready. Be sure to talk to your healthcare provider about your due date.
On average only 5% of births take place exactly on the estimated due date. Most are born within a week either side of the estimated due date. A normal pregnancy can last anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks.
Contributors & Developers
“Pregnancy Calculator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Version 1.0 Initial Release