Creates widgets that display excerpts from posts or pages in the sidebar. You may use ‘more’ links and/or link the widget title to the post or page. Requires Page Excerpt or Excerpt Editor for page excerpts. Supports the_excerpt Reloaded and Advanced Excerpt.
Now on GitHub.
- Upload the plugin directory to
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Go to Design → Widgets to add widgets to your sidebar in widget-ready themes.
Contributors & Developers
“Post and Page Excerpt Widgets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Total refactoring and update.
- Bug fixed: ‘more’ text not showing up in some cases
- Bug fixed: excerpt & ‘more’ link showing the wrong page when using more than one page widget
- Thanks to Lynne for pointing out bugs!
- Rewritten to use new widget API in WP 2.8
- Improved loop handling
- New per-widget controls for the_excerpt Reloaded options
- Built-in upgrading of widgets from the 1.x plugin