Check official website for live demo http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2013/08/08/popup-with-fancybox-wordpress-plugin/
This plugin allows you to create lightweight JQuery fancy box popup window in your blog with custom content. In the admin interface we can easily configure popup size and timeout (i.e. show popup window based on timeout after page load). In this popup we can display any content such as Video, Image, Advertisement and much more.
In the admin we have standard wordpress HTML editor to create the popup message. So that we can customise the messages easily. also we have option to set expiration time for popup window. and we have option to display popup once per session, so that the popup never appear again if user navigate to another page.
Advantage of this plugin
- Lightweight JQuery.
- Fancybox css in popup windows.
- Show popup window based on timeout after page load.
- HTML editor to create the popup message.
- Option to set expiration time for message.
- Option to set popup display once per session.
- Supports localization.
Plugin configuration option
Display popup in specific page/post.
This plugin have short code option to display the popup in specific page. Just copy and paste the plugin short code into specific posts or pages to display the popup. We can use group name or message id to display the popup.
Display popup in entire website.
- Go to widget page and drag and drop the widget Popup with fancybox into your sidebar, so that popup will display in entire website.
- Copy and paste the given PHP code into your footer.php file, so that popup will display in the entire website.
Display popup only in the home page.
- Download footer.php file from your theme folder.
- Paste the given PHP code, and upload back to server.
Installation Instruction & Configuration
Q1. How to display popup message box once per session?
Q2. What is Group and Id in the plugin short code?
Q3. How to modify popup window style?
Q4. How to setup expiration date for the popup message?
More functions are not working – is not responsive….
If you want to use this plugin for something other than text, you should go ahead and use a different plugin. The HTML editor refuses to work correctly and forget about using iFrames, the editor just deletes everything when you click submit.
I really like this plugin, as the pop-ups it makes are so pretty and easy to configure. Unfortunately, there’s a bug where the any <form> element tags are dropped from the box – you can add a <form> tag, but inside that, any <input> tags are simply removed when you save the box.
This means that the box makes a really nice popup if you just have a link or a button to include – but if you want to include a mailing list sign-up form, you are out of luck.
Contributors & Developers
“Popup with fancybox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- New option to add expiration date.
- Added one security code that wordpress offers us.
- Tested up to 3.8 (Beta)
- Now this plugin supports localization (or internationalization). i.e. option to translate into other languages.
Plugin *.po file (popupwfb.po) available in the languages folder. Translators Welcome.
- Supports network multisite website (Needs to create table manually).
- Tested up to 3.9
Added Start Date option for popup window (Expiration date option already available).
Support short code in the popup (i.e You can add other plugin short code inside this popup window)
- Tested up to 4.0
- Tested up to 4.0
- Display once per session issue has been fixed.
- Tested up to 4.1
- Tested up to 4.2.2
- Tested up to 4.3
- Text Domain slug has been added for Language Packs.
- Tested up to 4.4
- Tested up to 4.5
- Sanitization added for all input value.
- Tested up to 4.6
- Tested up to 4.7