Shows a tabbed widget for most popular, most commented and latest blog posts. Most popular posts tab uses data from Jetpack Stats module.
Interested in translating this plugin to your language? Grab the development version where you will find an up to date pptwj.pot. Send any translation files to ryann @ pogidude.com and thank you!
Hebrew – Eliran Mukdasi
A GIT repository is available if you’d like to submit a patch.
- Download the zip-archive and extract it into your computer.
- Upload the entire popular-posts-tab-widget-for-jetpack folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory in your web site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress administration page.
Go to Appearance -> Widgets administration page and look for the widget named Popular Posts Tabbed Widget
- The popular posts tab is not showing anything.
First, you need to have the Jetpack plugin installed and connected to a WordPress.com account. Second, the Stats module has to be activated. And last, this plugin gets the popular posts data from Jetpack Stats module. If the popular posts tab still isn’t showing posts, please check the Jetpack Stats first and see if it has any data to show. If data is already there, then get in touch with me.
Widget shows with lines of script and heading of article. Says it can’t retrieve info.
It’s the only widget that ties stats into Jetpack as far as I know, which means it is accurate. The tabs are great because it does not take up space to have multiple widgets for Popular, Recent, and Comments.
You can made it look nice and match your theme with some CSS changes. I had trouble forever trying to get the CSS changes to actually appear, and it seemed like whatever change I would make, it would not appear. I figured out how to fix this:
1. Clear the cache in any caching plugin you have. Your server (Siteground in my case) may have a built-in caching feature already active by default. Siteground’s is called Supercacher. If you don’t turn it off and clear it’s cache while making css changes, your changes might not appear.
2. Clear the cache in any CDN service you use like Cloudflare. And then turn cloudflare on “Development Mode” which turns it off for a three hour period which allows you to make changes to your plugin without fear of Cloudflare delivering cached plugin appearances.
Contributors & Developers
“Popular Posts Tabbed Widget for Jetpack” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
* Add hebrew translation. translator: Eliran Mukdasi
- May 15, 2015 *
- Add .pot file
- Sorry for the 2 year wait vacation.
- add width and height inline styles to thumbnail image
- update daily value from 1 to 2 when querying jetpack stats server
- made plugin l18n friendly
- improve output of thumbnail images
- [fix] issue with thumbnail not disabling
- [fix] issue where homepage as popular post is replaced by current page
- add widget title
- add option to show views on popular tab
- added widget option to select default range date for Popular and Comments tab
- added posts list filter labeled “All”
- added installation success notice
- Original version