- Unzip to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Configure the gallery in Settings -> WP-Polaroid Plus.
Using the built-in WordPress library:
- Upload images using the WordPress image uploader on your post or page or into the media library. Enter a title to display, and optionally enter an external link.
- Use the shortcode [wp-polaroidplus] anywhere in the post or page
- If you want the image to link to an external URL, enter the address in the WP-Polaroid Plus link field in the image editor (ie: http://www.website.com). If the link field does not contain a URL, the image will link to the full size popup image with the description (if any) displayed as text below the image.
For galleries based on a subfolder:
- Create a folder for your galleries within your WordPress installation, wherever you want. The location has to be accessible from the internet - for example you could use wp-content/galleries.
- Upload your image galleries to a subfolder of this folder, for example you might upload your images under "wp-content/galleries/subfolder".
- Set the "Path to galleries from homepage root path" in the settings admin page for WP-Polaroid Plus. Enter the path with trailing slash like: "wp-content/galleries/". NEW - alternatively you may also enter the full path like "http://www.mywebsite.com/wp-content/galleries/". Note that the gallery must reside on the same server as the blog. If you have entered the gallery path correctly you will see a list of the sub-directories on the settings page.
- Insert a gallery on a page by specifying the shortcode [wp-polaroidplus dir=subfolder] on your post or page.
This gallery style will display the image names as the captions, and will link to the full size image.