Web sites will Go Pink during the month of October to bring attention to Breast Cancer Awareness Month, get people talking about breast cancer, and raise money for research. If you can’t, or don’t want to turn your entire site pink you can still show your support by placing a ribbon in the top right corner of your blog linking to pinkforoctober.org to spread the word.
But to be clear, raising money isn’t the primary purpose of this web event.
The hope is that you will go out to that World Wide Web thing and educate yourself about the multiple issues related to Breast Cancer, then take that newfound knowledge and tell someone else what you’ve learned.
The automatic plugin installer should work for most people. Manual installation is easy and takes fewer than five minutes.
- Upload the pink-for-october-ribbon/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate Pink for October Ribbon through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Who created the ribbon image
Contributors & Developers
“Pink for October Ribbon” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Stable release update
- Fixed image path
- Rewrote plugin using class structure
- Add style.css; loaded with wordpress hooks
- Fixed drop shadow on ribbon image