Why does it take so long to post articles now?
Pingcrawl needs to fetch and process a lot of web pages in order to do its job. Get patient.
Why do I get a "Page not found" error when posting?
The script is either running out of memory or executing for too long.
This can be remedied in two ways:
- Reduce the max tags, max pings per tag and/or Google hits options.
- Increase PHP's
memory_limit in your php.ini.
How can I prevent Pingcrawl from running on a given post?
- Disable the plugin until you want to use it again.
- Before publishing the post, create a custom field called 'pingcrawl_pinged' and set its value to '1'.
How can I re-ping a given post?
Delete the 'pingcrawl_pinged' custom field from the post.
Why don't my pingbacks/trackbacks show up at the sites I'm pinging?
- Blog owners may delete your ping/trackbacks.
- Blog owners may mark your ping/trackbacks as spam.
- If you've been spammy with pings in the past, your new pings might be marked as spam by anti-ping-spam plugins.