Pin It On Pinterest places a “Pin It” button at the end of your posts, and allows you to predetermine what gets “Pinned” at Pinterest. Spawned by the idea of Jamie Swanson of The Modern Tog and developed by William Bay of Flaunt Your Site.
Pinterest is one of 2011’s fastest growing websites, with the potential for substantial amounts of traffic from users reviewing the Pins that users have posted.
Simply install it, and you will find a new form underneath your Post Editor where you can fill in:
- An image to associate the post with.
When you’ve added both the description and image, you can publish your post, and you will have a new Pin This button under your blog post. It will also show the number of times people have pinned your blog.
To see a video of it in use, go to http://flauntyoursite.com/pin-it-on-pinterest/
- As Pinterest is relatively new, the number of pins have a lag time of around 15 minutes. So if someone Pins your blog post, you may not see that reflected right away. We imagine that this will speed up after sometime.
- The Pin This button does not appear when previewing in Chrome, but displays just fine when published.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
Two easy ways:
New School Method (Easy Easy)
- Login to your Admin area, and navigate to Add New Plugin.
- In the Search box type in “Pin It On Pinterest” and click the search button.
- Find the correct plugin, click Install and then Activate.
Old School Method (Just Easy)
- Download the
pin-it-on-pinterest.zipto your computer.
/wp-content/plugins/directory using an FTP program
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Who is it for?
Pin It On Pinterest is for anyone that posts photographs that could possibly be used for inspiration boards.
Pinterest users tend to be creative types such as:
- Architects and Interior Designers
- Fashion Stylists
- Hair Stylists
- Make Up Artists
- And many more.
Contributors & Developers
“Pin It On Pinterest” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed Button dissapearing problem when updating posts.
- Should resolve issues for people that could not insert photos.
- Initial release.