- Copy to your plugin folder.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to Widgets.
- Drag the widget to the desired sidebar.
- Establish the required parameter values on the Widget Screen.
- Title: Type in the desired title.
- phpBB Config Location: This is the file location of your phpBB Config file. There is a Document Root Path display on the bottom of the screen to help you with this. This file is in your phpBB Directory and is config.php. The indicated location is the full file system location and not the URL.
- phpBB URL Location: This is the url location of your forum. This field is optional and can normally left blank except for the case when the forum is a subdomain such as http://myforum.mywebsite.com . If this field is left blank the forum URL will be taken from the Config Location. The field must be entered with 'http://' at the beginning and no closing slash at the end for it to work right.
- Exclude Forum List: A list of forums to be excluded.
- Return List Length: The number of post links to be displayed.
- Topic Text Length: The overall length of the returned topic title, excess characters are truncated.
- Date Format: The date/time format as used in the php date function, php date function and date syntax .
- Document Root Path: For display only. Indicates the root file path. This will be helpful in setting up the phpBB Config Location.
- Parameter Validation Return Area: For display only. Indicates if there are any errors.
Defines in phpbb_topics_portal_Guts.php
There is only one optional define statement in this script, for the most part it can be left at its default value.
- define("sqldb_MULT", 10); -> Because some of the returned links are discarded, the number of reads made on the database is uncertain. This variable limits the read statements to 10 times the requested number (at the default setting of 10).