Photosmash Galleries is a photo gallery plugin that integrates with the native WordPress gallery allows your users to upload images.
= 1.0.7 – 7/4/2011 * Removed an extra /DIV that was causing problems with the absolutely positions footer in Admin > Photo Manager * NOTE: Users who are displaying their images with the Thickbox Popup...for some reason, Thickbox now doesn't like when the REL attribute contains something like: lightbox[album]. It causes the Thickbox loading screen to pop up, but nothing happens. Here are your options: 1) try using either the Shadowbox JS or Fancybox for WordPress plugins (Thicbox stopped being developed back in 2009, and I believe that time and the new jQuery have caught up with it), or 2) if you have lightbox[album] in you REL parameter (first page of the Gallery Settings screen after you select your gallery and click Edit), try changing the [album] to [gallery]. I added some extra code to deal with that. But NOTICE, if you switch to Shadowbox JS or Fancybox, be sure to switch the [gallery] back to [album].
= 1.0.5 – 2/22/2011 * Fixed XSS Vulnerability – an XSS vulnerability was discovered by High-Tech Bridge SA. It was reported as a “Medium” risk level. It was fixed the same day we were notified. The vulnerability was leftover code from testing and has been completely removed. All PhotoSmash users should upgrade to this release. * Added Link to Post to PhotoSmash Settings / Caption Style * Added ability to permanently hide Farewell notification
= 1.0.2 – 2/19/2011 * (Extend) Fix alternate titles for new posts – the Alternate Layout was not working for the Title when creating a new Post.
= 1.0.1 – February 2011 * Farewell notification
'] * Fixed - datepicker.js does not to load if you don't have a Custom Field (type date) * Fixed Google Maps code to only load when needed * Added Google Map checkbox to PhotoSmash Widget - you can now have your PhotoSmash image widgets mapped in a PhotoSmash Map widget. Look at the bottom of the PhotoSmash Widget for the "Show in Map Widget" setting.
* Fixed Encoding in Photo Manager - for caption and custom fields. Was using htmlentities(). Switched to esc_attr(). Fixed problem with non-English alphabets * Fixed Gallery DropDowns in Photo Manager - was not showing galleries with NULL gallery types * Changed Sort Order alogrithms for Ratings - for Vote up/Vote down, changed to average. For Vote up, changed to straight number of votes. Stars still use Bayesian ordering
* Fixed Resizing message when no resize needed - when resizing an image, if there were no new image sizes to create, it was causing an error by trying to update the database. On the front-end, you just saw the Saving message...forever. * Fixed Gallery Viewer Database Error - when there were no galleries with a cover image set, it was giving a Database Error. * Fixed Pagination - pagination on sites that had pretty permalinks turned off wasn't working properly. * Fixed Admin Image Uploads - I left some test code in there that prevented the uploads. Ugggg... * Added Color Border and Gallery ID to Photo Importer - when attachments were fetched that are in a gallery, they are outlined in red.
Visit the Changelog on Smashly.net to see what is currently in development.
* Added Update Tag Counts - to Plugin Info page, there is now a button that will update your Photo Tag counts if you start seeing tags that don't have proper counts (they're too big or too small in the tag cloud) * Added Gallery Viewer - in PhotoSmash Settings, you set which page you'd like the Gallery Viewer to show on (first setting under the Defaults tab). You can tweak the look and feel of the Gallery Viewer by adjusting Custom Layout "gallery_viewer" or by copying the code from that layout and creating your own, in which case you'll need to specify your layout by using this shortcode in the Page you want your viewer to appear in: [ photosmash gallery_viewer=true layout='my_custom_layout' image_layout='image_view_layout'] The image_layout there is used for displaying images when they are called by the Photosmash image permalinks. Gallery Viewer doubles as index for your galleries...it only shows galleries that contain images, and it doesn't show virtual galleries. It randomly selects an image from the gallery as the Cover image. You can change this in Gallery Settings. When you click on a gallery from the Gallery Viewer, it will display that gallery on the same page. You can control which layout is used to show the galleries on that page by using the shortcode and adding this attribute: gallery_view_layout='my_custom_layout' When that attribute is present, all galleries displayed on the gallery viewer page will use the layout you specify. * Added Exif Support - pulls in the Exif data from the WordPress attachment record if you're allowing PhotoSmash to add your images to the media library. You can show Exif data in your custom layouts by using tags: [image_meta field='aperture'] The field can be any valid Exif field available in the WP attachment. You can also show a table of Exif data in your custom layouts with the tag: [exif_table] If you want to include blank fields, do: [exif_table show_blank=true] To control what shows on exif_table if no exif data exists, add the attribute: no_exif_msg='No EXIF data available' Or whatever you want the message to say. There is a button beside the Exif field in Photo Manager that will fetch and save the related attachment's Exif.
* Added Drop Down of Galleries to Media Uploader – when you’re adding an image to a Post or in the Add New in the Media Library, you get a drop down list of PhotoSmash Galleries that you can automatically add the images to. * Added Uploading Photos from Photo Manager – uses the built-in WordPress Media Uploader. So, it only took me until 32,000 downloads and version 0.7, but there you go! Nicely integrated with WordPress Media Library. Extends Media Library in ways I haven’t even told you about :P ! * Fixed Custom Photo Tag Slug – was defaulting back to the default slug when PhotoSmash was deactivated and reactivated (witnessed in upgrading!) * Fixed the post_date_gmt - when creating new posts through Extend, you can publish them through Photo Manager. There is a bug in wp_publish_post() that does not update the post_date_gmt field, which is used in Feeds. Added code to update this field in ajax.php when publish posts through Photo Manager.
* Added sort options for User Name and User Login - in PhotoSmash Settings and Gallery Settings. * Added allowable attributes to HTML filtering - in the HTML filtering in Custom Fields Editor, "Allow formatting & links & lists" now permits the following attributes in a href links: id, class, style, and target. * Fixed closing > on option tag in bwbps-layout.php * Major renovation of Photo Manager - new look, with options for hiding fields more effectively. Clicking images now opens in Thickbox and you can scroll through the images. More Meta fields being show. * Save Buttons updated in Photo Manager - Save buttons now save both Standard and Custom Fields. * Deleting images behavior changed - deleting an image will only remove the files if no other image record references any of the files. So, if you copy an image from one gallery to another, and then delete the image from one of the galleries, the files will not be deleted until the other image record is deleted. * Changed Gallery Drop Downs to only show Appropriate galleries - virtual galleries are not shown in the drop downs for copy/move or importing or Photo Manager. They shouldn't have images saved to them, so they shouldn't be used in those cases. * Changed the look of Image Size fields - in PhotoSmash Settings and Gallery Settings, the image size fields are now more like the Media image sizes in WordPress Settings / Media. * Added a video for Sizing and Resizing images - links to the video are included in appropriate places in PhotoSmash admin pages. * Renovated "Import Photos" page - changed the look. Added image paging.
* Added "Favorites" for Images - you can now turn on ability for your users to Favorite Images. There are 2 new Gallery Types: one for displaying the logged in user's favorites to them, and the other for displaying the most favorited images (need to set sorting to Descending). There is also a template tag for displaying a link to the page you set for displaying Favorites to users. That page must include a gallery with a shortcode something like: [ photosmash gallery_type='favorites'] (without the space). You can use all of the features of a normal gallery. It will not show an upload form or link. The template tag for displaying the link to your Favorites page is: photosmash_favlink($link_text, $before, $after); You have to set the Page that it will link to in PhotoSmash Settings, near the bottom of the first tab...choose the page from the Drop Down. $link_text, $before, $after are all optional arguments. The $link_text defaults to Favorite Images. Before and After default to empty, but they are useful if you want to enclose in an 'li' tag for placing it in your navigation. * Added ability to customize the Page Slug and Page Title for the photo tag custom taxonomy - these can be set in PhotoSmash Settings on the first tab at bottom. Settings are: "Photo tags Page Title" and "Photo tags URL Slug". The url slug should be something useable in a URL. The default is 'photo-tag'. * Fixed Image Duplication in Lightbox/Shadowbox for "No Caption" caption styles - the Caption Style "No Caption" was missing the close '/a' (anchor tag) in its link. * Fixed 'more' attribute in [caption] tag - this wasn't exactly broken...the attribute is actually 'more_text', but I added 'more'. 'more_link' actually creates a link to the post * Added 'length' attribute to [contributor], [user_name], etc for Custom Layouts * Fixed widget layout selection - selecting the Standard Layout in a widget was going back to < Default > instead of Standard Layout * Fixed the link in PhotoSmash Extend version incompatibility warning - the version check between Extend and PhotoSmash had a bad link to the PhotoSmash Extend download page. * Added 'action' attribute to Extended Navigation (PhotoSmash Extend) - this allows you to specify a Page or Post ID to be used as the Form action in the Extended Navigation form submission (searching images, filtering on tags, etc) * Fixed 'View' post permalink in Photo Manager - was not displaying properly for blogs that aren't in root directory
* Photo Manager enhancement - Resize Image - added ability to resize individual images or multiple images by selecting, creating new size files based on Gallery settings. * Photo Manager enhancement - made toggling Custom Field data sticky. * Added tag [preview_post] to Custom Form - for PhotoSmash Extend use to show a link to preview newly created post. * Changed bwbps-layout.php so that Caption Styles that link thumbs to Posts works - these particular settings are not ideal unless you use a different layout for posts, which can be accomplished by specifying a separate single_layout in the shortcode: so something like [ photosmash layout='main_pagelayout' single_layout='post_pagelayout' ] (without the space before photosmash. * Added Maximum Image Size - in PhotoSmash Settings, go to Images tab. You can set the maximum number of bytes an uploaded image is allowed. This will let you gracefully reject images that are so large that they would cause the Out of Memory error associated with resizing images that are too big. Example: Enter 500000 for a max of 500kB image upload size. * Added New Image Size...mini - now, in addition to thumb, medium, and image, you have a 4th image size called mini. Use this in your custom layouts with tags: [mini] for an full blown image tag or [mini_url] for just the URL so you can built your own links and image tags. * Added Search field to Extended Navigation for PhotoSmash Extend users - this allows you to add a search field that searches the Image Tags, Image Caption, Image URL, Image Contributor, and Image Attribution. * Fixed bug in Image Importing - when importing Images from the Media Library that had thumbnail and medium sized images that were the dimensions set for the photosmash gallery to which they were being imported, it was using the large image URL for all fields. Now it will use the appropriate file urls based on size. * Added Ability to Attach/Display Other File Types - this ability allows you to Select Attachments from the WP Media Gallery and have a Thumbnail in a gallery link to those attachments (or you can paste in any URL manually). Go to Photo Manager, toggle "Toggle Video/File URL" to show the File URL field, either paste in the URL of the file you wish to link to or click the browse icon beside the field, use the pop-up to search for attachments in your WP Media Library (you can add them through the Media/Add New interface independently of posts), click the name of the file you wish to use, the save the image record. At this point, your thumbnail will link to the file based on the rules you have set in Caption Settings in your Gallery Settings. * Fixed image_id tag in Layouts - you can use the Image ID as a tag in your Layouts (especially useful when creating new posts through PhotoSmash Extend - it allows you to use the psmash id=## shortcode to show individual images or fields attached to an image record
* Added manual sort option - set the sequence numbers in the Photo Manager and then set the Sort Field to Manual sort in Gallery Settings. * Added options for linking to WP Attachment Pages - this lets you link your thumbnails to standard WordPress Attachment Pages just like the standard WordPress galleries do. Either choose the link option from Caption Styles (near very bottom) in Gallery Settings (also set defaults in PhotoSmash Settings), or use: href='[wp_attachment_link]' in you link tags in a custom layout. * Added the height and width settings for the Thickbox forms - set this in Uploading in PhotoSmash Settings
* The SVN archive missed a file during the creation of the Stable Tag folder
* NOTE: Photosmash Extend users - Please contact Byron for a new release of PhotoSmash Extend. This version of Photosmash may not work with older versions of PS-Extend * Added 'Delete Layout' button to Custom Layouts admin page...be careful. Once deleted, they're gone forever! I know the hard way. * Added 'images' attribute to shortcode - it's the number of images you want displayed. Use images=X to specify how many images you'd like the MySQL query to return. Do not use for paging, as it will never retrieve all the images and generate the page links. Use for special cases when you want to show a single image or a set number of images. Note that Random and the other Widget gallery types already had this option. * Added new widget gallery options: Random Tag and Tag (you specify one or more tags). Note that the Random Tag widget will automatically create a title: "Images tagged 'your tag'. For the Tag gallery, you'll need to specify your own title for the widget. * Re-added image counts to Photo Manager. * Security enhancement - Added HTML filtering to title attributes on URL links. * Added if_field attribute to Custom Layout fields - this will let you put a field into a layout like this: [first_name if_field='last_name' if_before=', '] This will put a comma before the first name if it exists...and only displays first_name if last_name exists.
* Added ability to change the text of Approve and Reject messages on the fly. Beneath the gallery selector at top of Photo Manager, click Edit/Display Moderation Msgs link to show the messages...use the checkbox to turn on/off of sending messages on Review, Approve, Delete. Use the following variable tags: [author_link] - displays a link to the image contributor's Author page on your blog; [post_link] - displays a link to the post related to the image; [user_name] - displays the user's login name; [blogname] - displays the name of your blog. * Added Editing of Custom Field data in Photo Manager – click the toggle link beneath the gallery selection at top to display the custom field data forms for all displayed images. * Added ‘Publish’ button in Photo Manager to allow for publishing unpublished Posts – this will be useful to persons using the PhotoSmash Extend add-on plugin which allows for creating new posts on image uploads * Added tagging of Photos – uses WordPress Custom Taxonomy call ‘photosmash’ * Added tag cloud for Photo tags…clicking Photo Tags will display galleries of all images with a tag * Added shortcode parameter for displaying tagged image galleries. Add this type of parameter to your shortcode: tags=’my tag, my other tag, tag1, etc’ * To add tag field to your Upload form, add these parameters to your shortcode: post_tags=true post_tags_label=’Add tags: ‘ * Added Sorting by Rank (uses Bayesian ranking to weight rankings) * Added Sorting by User ID in galleries * Added simple paging in Photo Manager…tell it how many to images to show (defaults to 50) and what image # to start with (not zero based like MySQL…it adjusts for that. * Changed the sort order in Photo Manager to Descending * Fixed Photo Manager bug – wasn’t showing up new images for moderation until after the email alert had been sent…now shows up immediately. If admin views it in moderation area, email will not be sent notifying admin of need for moderation. * Fixed – Recent, Random, and now…Highest Rated widget displays to allow for showing ratings. You’ll need to find the appropriate gallery in Gallery Settings and set it to show either the 5 Star or the Vote up rating types…choose whether to display beneath or as an overlay…if displaying as an overlay, make sure that in the Custom Layout that you use that you have ‘position: relevant’ set for the CSS for the element that wraps the image and the rating…oh and you need to have [ps_rating] in the custom layout too. Something like: <div style=’position: relative; float:left;’>[thumbnail] [ps_rating]</div> should probably work
* Fixed gallery setting "maintain ratio" so that it does not force thumbnail sizes when gallery is displayed * Several code tweaks to enable PhotoSmash Extend functionality - particularly around creating new posts on upload * Now only supporting WordPress 2.8 and higher. Does not specifically break compatibility with versions later than 2.6, but going forward, only 2.8+ will be supported. There is a big security hole in WordPress versions prior to 2.8, so this is my part in encouraging users folks to upgrade. It's for your own good...I know from experience ;-)
* Added THE Widget!! Display Random, Recent, or normal galleries. ONLY WORKS WITH WP 2.8+. PhotoSmash will continue to work with versions back to 2.6, but this widget uses the new Widget API available in WP 2.8. * Added a new default Custom Layout for the Widget. You can use any layout you want, but I built one that should (HOPEFULLY!!!) work well. It can be used in regular galleries too. It's called Std_Widget * Added Recent images gallery type. Use shortcode: [photosmash gallery_type=recent images=10 where_gallery=185 ] , use any # of images you want, defaults to 8 if left blank. "where_gallery" lets you specify a particular gallery to pull images from...optional. * Added Random images gallery type. Use shortcode: [photosmash gallery_type=random images=10 ] The images and where_gallery attributes above can be used here too. * Added option for setting CSS Class on the 'a href' for images...facilitates using Thickbox to display images instead of Lightbox or Shadowbox. Make sure you change the Rel if you have both Thickbox and Lightbox/Shadowbox activated at the same time, otherwise Shadowbox overlays the thickbox...not pretty ;-) * Fixed paging for text/ad inserts using the unreleased PhotoSmash Extend product. * Fixed paging for Contributor (author) galleries. * Added ability to send emails upon Approve/Reject of images in moderation.
* This gets a version bump! Added option [is default for new installs] to use WordPress upload functionality. Can optionally add uploaded images to the WP Media Library. Set these options in PhotoSmash SettingsÖtop of the Uploading tab. This is in preparation for the upcoming new WordPress 2.9 media features. By adding these images to the Media Library, you should be able to utilize new features that WordPress builds in. The new WP 2.9 feature set hasnít been officially announced yet, but stay tuned!!! This should also solve upload issues where people have trouble with folder permissions. I could be wrong, but I think this is pretty big :P * Fixed a couple of annoying ThickBox images that werenít loading. You have to set the variables in the page footerÖFYI.
* Fixed database update message - was displaying in error for MySQL 4 users. MySQL 4 doesn't allow WHERE in the SHOW COLUMNS statement-have to use LIKE. MySQL 5 users were not affected by this.
* Removed code in Database Update that was removing duplicate indices - this was causing users with certain SQL Mode settings to experience errors. * Note - there may be a problem with star ratings with IE 6. Further testing will ensue. If you experience problems with Star Ratings, please report them. Thanks!
* Fixed a conflict with Contact Form 7 where duplicate creation of esc_attr functions was occuring * Added template tags: o show_photosmash_gallery(optional $attr); - echoes a gallery - the $attr param can be a gallery ID or an array of parameters that you can also use in shortcodes. o get_photosmash_gallery(optional $attr); - same as show except returns a gallery as a string that you can use in PHP
* Added Star Rating system - thanks to GD Star Ratings for use of the star set (used by permission). 2 placement options (beneath caption or overlay image [default]). Design of star rating system enables extensions. * Improved the Admin messaging - database message now contains a link that updates the database when clicked.
* Fixed Pagination when multiple galleries are on the same Post...now it remembers what page each gallery was on and paging links reflect proper paging for all other galleries. * Added message to JSON return on upload for images that are to be moderated. Uploading user is now presented with message: Upload Successful! Image is awaiting moderation. * Added a hook to ajax_upload.php - hook: bwbps_upload_done. Fires after the Image is saved to the database, and provides an array containing the image's database values to the receiving function. Useful if you're going to want to do some fun stuff after an image get uploaded. A use case: you have a business review site where the initial business record is created using a PhotoSmash upload. The image in the upload should be the logo. If no image is supplied, that's ok, show a placeholder image. There is another gallery in the post you created for the business where users can upload their images. When the an image is uploaded to this secondary gallery, you want to use that for the logo. You can use this hook to update the blank image's file_name with the new image's file name. o Call this hook in your code by: add_action('bwbps_upload_done', 'your_function_name'); o Your function should accept an array as its first argument, all other arguments (if any) must be optional. * Added Gallery-level option for allowing uploads with no image file attached - this will let you do some CMS type stuff * Added Gallery-level option for suppressing 'no image' records in your gallery. The can be accessed using the [psmash id=IMAGE-ID] shortcode. You can specify a layout to use or a field to display. * Added Gallery-level default image option where you can specify the name of an image that is in the PhotoSmash images folder structure. This image will be used for 'no image' records if you don't Suppress. * Fix - set contributor gallery so that it doesn't show any comments, and comments are closed. * Fix - Link for post name in contributor gallery should link back to itself * Fix - got rid of Video options in the Gallery Type setting. YouTube options still remain, and will remain. I'm not ready for uploading video yet. Worried about security issues.
* Added Contributor Gallery - a special gallery that can be shown in the Author page. Turn it on in PhotoSmash Setting > Special Galleries. It can also suppress all other posts in the Author page. Can also use custom layouts. * Added Caption types to display link to Author page for Contributor. * Added ability to set CSS class for pagination DIV in Custom Layouts - so you can style it like you want * Bug - pagination wasn't showing up in Custom Layouts * Bug - [user_link] does not show non-Admin user links in custom layouts * Added ability to get notifications on all uploads (not just moderation) * Add option for getting notifications on uploads Immediately * Bug - fixed Radio buttons for gallery type: Mixed Images + YouTube. Browse for File and YouTube radio buttons were both being checked
Requires: 4.3 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.6.1
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Active Installs: 2,000+
0 of 4 support threads in the last two months have been marked resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?