This plugin allows you to add shopping cart functionality to single image (attachment) pages so that visitors can order prints or other merchandise of any image on your website. Specifically designed for photographers who want to enable print ordering for large image catalogs, the plugin uses the title of the image as the product name – requiring no setup of a parallel e-commerce “product catalog” (like most other plugins require). This plugin relies on the WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart plugin to implement the shopping cart and accept payments via Paypal.
- Custom image taxonomy for storing purchase variations (e.g. print sizes and finishes)
- Set unique prices for each purchase variation
- Choose purchase variations by image or for all images on your website
- Widget for single Image/attachment page
- Template functions
The PhotoPress team does not provide support for this plugin on the WordPress.org forums. One on one email support is available to users that purchase one of our Premium Support Plans.
The Guide To WordPress For Photographers
For more information on ways to use PhotoPress and other plugins to build a photpgraphy website check out the WordPress For Photographers e-Book.
- Install the WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart plugin
- Configure the settings of the WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart plugin including entering your PayPal email address
- Create a shopping cart page for your website by creating a new Page in WordPress add adding the
[show_wp_shopping_cart]shortcode as its content
- Upload the
photopress-paypal-shopping-cartplugin folder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add Purchase Variations using the Media > Purchase Variations admin screen. Purchase variations take the from of label:price (i.e. 11×14 Gallery Print:100)
- Add a sidebar to the theme template file that is used to display your single images or attachments. This can be done by adding
<?php dynamic_sidebar('papt-image-sidebar'); ?>to the template file (typically attachment.php or image.php).
- Populate this sidebar with the PhotoPress – Single Product Buy Button Widget from the
Appearance > Widgetsmenu in WordPress.
- Configure the Widget with any pricing, shipping or variations you require.
- Why do I need this plugin?
You want a very simple and easy way to sell prints (or other merchadise) of images that appear on your website.
- Does this plugin handle the actual printing and delivery of photos?
No. Printing and delivering the images is up to you. This plugin just allows visitors to order and pay for the prints via Paypal.
- Do I need a Paypal account to use this plugin?
Yes. This plugin utilizes your Paypal account.
- Can I have different purchase variations?
Yes. You can create an unlimited number of purchase variations such as size and finish. Variations take the Form of
label:price(i.e. 11 x 14 Glossy:$100 ) and are entered via the Purchase Variations Media admin page.
- Can I choose which variations are available on an image by image basis?
Yes. Variations can be selected via the image’s attachment page. If no local variation choices are made for an image, all variations will be presented. This backfill behavior can be turned off by setting the “explicit mode” option on the settings admin page.
- Can I have different prices per each product variation?
Yes you can. Use the following syntax within the widget or shortcode:
option1:$20|option2:$40|option3:$60. Note: you must enter a currency symbol along with the price.
Also, This feature is implemented by this plugin and is not part of the WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart plugin. Please do not bother that developer for questions/support for this feature.
This plugin offers to add price variations to images. But it doesn’t. Adding price variations to shortcode doesn’t modify the price defined for Simple Paypal Shopping Cart Plugin; it keeps the price even when you add the image to shoping cart selecting a different price variation.
There’s two explanations for this issue. First, the implementation is poorly documented; the three lines dedicated to this in FAQ section could not be enough, which is developer’s fault.
Second, there’s a bug and plugin doesn’t work. But since the developer sells “support plans” and doesn’t answer posts in the forum, there’s no way to know nor to solve the issue unless you pay for support just in case it could work, which is also developer’s fault.
In any case, you’ll waste your time trying to implement this plugin. I already wasted six hours for everybody and, following the instructions published here, it doesn’t work.
Contributors & Developers
“PhotoPress – PayPal Shopping Cart” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Initial version of plugin.
Adding missing sidebar registration for image page.
- added new custom taxonomy for storing purchase variations
- purchase variations can now be set on an image by image basis
- added “explicit mode” option which only diplays purchase variations explicitly set on each image.
- fixed broken product name when adding item to cart.
- fixed broken global shipping costs
- fixed missing product name in cart.
- added support ofr price validations introduced by WSPSC.
- preparing for PHP 7.