Receive instant payments, increase cashflow and reduce costs with our open banking payment solution.
Add Pay iO for free to your checkout today.
REDUCE CART ABANDONMENT
Strong Customer Authentication built in for a frictionless payment method.
Customers make payment using their Bank App with 3 simple clicks.
No sign up needed and no card details to enter for a fast, secure and speedy checkout.
Receive payments instantly into your nominated bank account.
No set up costs or monthly fees to pay.
ADDING PAY IO IS SIMPLE
Add Pay iO to checkout within minutes. Gain a competitive edge today.
CURRENT SUPPORTED BANKSs
- HSBC UK
- Santander UK
- Bank of Scotland
- Bank of Ireland UK
- Ulster Bank UK
- Danske Bank UK
- Clydesdale Bank
- First Direct
- Yorkshire Bank
- HSBC Business UK
- Lloyds Business
- Barclays Business
- Barclays Corporate
- Bank of Scotland Business
With more banks being added all of the time.
Pay iO also provides a choice of sandbox banks which are available when ‘Test Mode’ is enabled in the Pay iO plugin settings.
- Barclays Sandbox
- Lloyds Sandbox
- Natwest Sandbox
- Halifax Sandbox
- Bank of Scotland Sandbox
- Modelo Sandbox
Before installing the Pay iO plugin you will need to have an approved Pay iO business account. Just go to https://secure.payio.co.uk/portal/register and follow the instructions to register for a free account.
Once your account has been approved your api key will be generated for use within your Pay iO extension.
Automatic installation in the easiest way to install the Pay iO plugin as wordpress handles the entire process for you, simply:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard
- Navigate to the Plugins menu
- Click Add New.
- In the search bar type “Pay iO Payment Gateway”. On this page you can also view details about the plugin such as the release, rating, and description
- Click “Install Now”
- Click “Activate”
Manually installing a plugin involved downloading the plugin files and uploading via an FTP clinet.
WordPress has sufficient documentation to follow here if manual installation is your preferred method.
Automatic are the recommended method for Pay iO, just remember to backup your site regularly just incase.
From your WordPress dashboard navigate to:
WooCommerce → Settings → Payments → Pay iO
- Enable/Disable (select) – Enable or disable the Pay iO extension
- Title (text) – Title of the plugin (not used on frontend)
- Payment Description (text) – Instructions for the plugin (not used on frontend)
- Enable Test Mode (select) – Whether to use sandbox bank accounts – recommended for initial setup and testing
- Enable Express Checkout (select) – Select to enable express checkout
- API Key (text) – Get your key from your Pay iO portal Integration page
Set how the Pay iO gateway will be branded
- Logo Url – Enter a publicly accessible image url
- Upload Logo (media upload) – Upload a your store logo for use throughout the Pay iO gateway
- Logo image alternative (text) – Useful for screen readers and if your logo cant be displayed
- Brand Colour – select your primary brand colour for use within buttons and links throughout the Pay iO gateway. Note: the gateway will do its best to provide a contrast colour for readability but make sure to check and alter the colour if it is not fully accessible.
Contributors & Developers
“Pay iO Payment Gateway” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors