This plugin allows embedding an interactive flash tutorial simply by putting the code
[PEI-H1N1,480,360] where 480 and 360 are the width and height of the display area.
More tutorials and in more languages will be available at :
Please make the following Terms and Conditions of Use available to users of X-Plain
Terms and Conditions of Use of the X-Plain Tutorial
Please read the following terms and conditions of use agreement (Agreement) before using the X-Plain tutorial (X-Plain Tutorial) published by the Patient Education Institute (PEI). Using the X-Plain Tutorial implies that you agree to all the terms of this Agreement.
License and Restrictions
You may use the X-Plain Tutorial solely for your personal education.
1. You may not use the X-Plain Tutorial for any commercial use. “Commercial use” means charging any fee for a service that includes using the X-Plain Tutorial.
2. You may not co-brand the X-Plain Tutorial. “To co-brand” means to link to the X-Plain tutorial and display a logo, trademark, name, or other sign of identification of any party in such a manner reasonably likely to give the impression that such other party has licensed or has the right to use the X-Plain Tutorial.
3. You may not frame the X-Plain Tutorial. “To frame” means to have the X-Plain Tutorial or a portion of it appear on the same screen with another website or a portion of one.
4. You may not document the activity of an X-Plain Tutorial. “To document the activity” means to use the X-Plain Tutorial with another computer software to generate an electronic record of a patient’s or a user’s access to and/or completion of the X-Plain Tutorial.
5. You may not reproduce, transmit, publish, or distribute the X-Plain Tutorial or any of its Content (graphics, text, and narration) to any third party without the express written consent of PEI.
You agree that the X-Plain Tutorial is for informational purposes only and its content is general information and NOT medical advice. Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or medical treatment.
The website may contain health- or medical-related materials that you may find sexually explicit or otherwise offensive. X-Plain and its associates accept no responsibility for such materials. You are solely responsible for compliance with the laws applicable to your country of residence.
Warranty and Liability
The use of the X-Plain Tutorial is at your own risk. The X-Plain Tutorial is provided on an “as is” basis. PEI, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
In no event shall PEI and its Associates or any third parties mentioned on the X-Plain Tutorial be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the X-Plain Tutorial or the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not X-Plain is advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold PEI, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
The terms of this Agreement applies to users outside the State of Iowa and the United States of America. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the X-Plain Tutorial from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
You may terminate this agreement at any time by stopping use of the X-Plain Tutorial.
The following provisions survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever: Warranty and Liability, Indemnity, and General.
If you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, your permission to use the Content automatically terminates.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with PEI, or in any way relating to your use of the X-Plain Tutorial, resides in the courts of the State of Iowa and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Iowa in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving PEI or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers.
This Agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Iowa, without respect to its conflict of law principles. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such terms or conditions or any other terms or conditions.
The terms of this Agreement constitute the entire agreement between you and PEI with respect to the use of the X-Plain Tutorial and Content.
- Go to your WordPress admin area, then go to the “Plugins” area, then go to “Add New”.
- Search for “Patient-Education” (sans quotes) in the plugin search box.
- Click “Install” on the right, then click “Install” at the top-right in the window that comes up.
- Activate the plugin.
- Put the code [PEI-H1N1,480,360] in your post or page.
- How do I use the plugin after installing it?
Edit your page/post and put in the code [PEI-H1N1,480,360]
- Can I modify the size?
Yes! The second parameter (480) is for width and third parameter (360) is for height. You can change these parameters but try to keep them of same proportions for best results.
- What is an X-Plain Health Education Tutorial?
Unlike videos or printed handouts where the user may not be able to understand the presented informaiton X-Plain tutorials are fully narrated, self paced presentations with graphics and animations that help explain surgeries, medical procedures and conditions, chronic diseases, and healthy living topics. Each tutorial also presents the user with questions and gives them feedback based on their answers. The tutorials are self paced and very engaging.
- Who is the intended audience for the X-Plain tutorials?
X-Plain tutorials are a great resouce of unbiased health information for the general population, patients, health consumers, employees, students, and healthcare providers.
- What about low literacy learners?
X-Plain was developed for the widest audience. The text of each tutorial is written at a 6th grade readability level and all text is fully narrated.
- Can X-Plain be impelmented to document comprehension and completion and be hooked to my EMR?
Yes, X-Plain is routinely implemented in healthcare and wellness sectors where the educational activity is documented and the data is passed to client systems.
Contact http://wp.patient-education.com/contactus for details.
- Are there any other languages?
Yes. H1N1 tutorial is available also in Spanish, French and Arabic.
Please visit http://wp.patient-education.com for languages availability.
- Are there any other tutorials beside H1N1 ?
Yes! Patient-Education has the largest interactive health library. We shall be releasing new tutorials for public use periodically. With the same plugin installed, you just have to use a different code. Example : [PEI-DIABETES,480,360]
- Can I customize or change the skin?
Yes. Contact us for more details on this.
Contributors & Developers
“Patient Education H1N1” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors