While browsers can handle up to 60 http requests simultaneously, only 2-4 simultaneous requests can be handled from the same hostname. This can potentially slow down page loads on your site.
The solution Recommended by Google is parallizing resources across 2-5 hostnames on sites serving 10 or more static resources.
Parallelize allows automatically parallelizing WordPress attachement files (images or any files uploaded with the wordpress media features) across multiple hostnames, speeding page load. To assist caching, resources will always load from the same hostname.
This plugin is distributed as-is, no warranty whatsoever.
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings > Parrallelize to confugure your hostnames
- Click ‘Update Posts’ to parallelize images in existing posts. This might take a while
- Go to Settings > Parrallelize
- Click ‘Restore Posts’
- Deactivate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Parallelize” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release.