Set up unlimited membership levels and provide restricted access to members-only content (including pages, posts, categories, videos, forums, downloads, support, single “a la carte” page access, and more).
Paid Memberships Pro is flexible enough to fit the needs of almost all online and offline businesses. It works great out of the box, but is easy for developers to customize to fit your needs.
Paid Memberships Pro is 100% GPL and available for free from the WordPress repository or on our site at http://www.paidmembershipspro.com. The full version of the plugin is offered with no restrictions or additional licenses required. Developers should get involved at our GitHub page.
Integrate with The Most Popular Payment Gateways.
Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal (Standard, Express, Website Payments Pro, and PayPal Payments Pro/Payflow), Braintree, 2Checkout, and Cybersource. View Gateways
Works with Any Theme You Want.
Use your Existing Theme, the fully-integrated Memberlite Theme or a Popular Free or Premium Third-Party Theme.
Infinitely Configurable, Unlimited Membership Levels.
Set up the membership levels that best fit your business, whether they are Free, Paid, or Recurring Subscriptions (Annual, Monthly, Weekly, Daily). Offer Custom Trial Periods (Free Trial, Custom-length Trial, ‘Introductory’ Pricing).
Easy-to-Use Admin Pages and Settings.
- Membership access by Page/Post/Category
- Members list with CSV export
- Easy payment gateway setup
- Ever expanding list of membership reports
- Membership discounts with customizable price rules
Control the User-Experience from Start to Finish.
Your members can update their billing information or cancel their account directly on your site. Any active subscription will be cancelled at the payment gateway for you.
Integrate with Top Third Party Tools.
PMPro integrates with Mailchimp, Constant Contact, AWeber, GetResponse, Social Login, KISSMetrics, Infusionsoft, WP Courseware, LearnDash, Post Affiliate Pro, bbPress, WooCommerce, and many more popular third party tools.
Add-ons to Customize and Extend Paid Memberships Pro.
Our growing library of Add ons allow you to extend Paid Memberships Pro to your needs. These extensions, sister plugins, and recipes customize your membership site and help you integrate with 3rd party services or other plugins.
- I need help installing, configuring, or customizing the plugin.
Please visit our premium support site at http://www.paidmembershipspro.com for more documentation and our support forums.
- I found a bug in the plugin.
Please post it in the WordPress support forum and we’ll fix it right away. Thanks for helping.
- My site is broken or blank or not letting me log in after activating Paid Memberships Pro
This is typically caused by a conflict with another plugin that is trying to redirect around the login/register pages or trying to redirect from HTTP to HTTPS, etc.
To regain access to your site, FTP to your site and rename the wp-content/plugins/paid-memberships-pro folder to wp-content/plugins/paid-memberhsips-pro-d (or anything different). Now WP will not be able to find PMPro, and you can gain access to /wp-admin/ again. From there, visit the plugins page to fully deactivate Paid Memberships Pro. (You’ll want to rename the folder back to paid-memberhsips-pro again.)
Long term, you will need to find and fix the conflict. We can usually do this for you very quickly if you sign up for support at http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/pricing/ and send us your WP admin and FTP credentials.
- Does PMPro Support Multisite/Network Installs?
“Supporting multisite” means different things to different people.
Out of the box PMPro will basically act as a stand alone plugin for each site. Each site has its own list of membership levels, members, payment settings, etc.
Our Network/Multisite Add On allows members to choose a site name and title at checkout and will set up a network site at checkout.
Our Network Membership Add On allows you to manage memberships at the ‘Main’ Network site and provide or restrict access on other Network Subsites.
If you would like more help using PMPro on a network install, sign up for support at http://www.paidmembershipspro.com.
- Does PMPro Support X?
Not sure? You can find out by doing a bit a research.
I was just trying out the plugin. I had not purchased it. The problem I had was that of unfamiliarity of how the plugin worked so I asked for support. Support from Travis was timely and spot on. I always, always contact a company before I purchase anything from them to see if customer care is there at all. Travis went above and beyond so they made a paying customer of me.
I bought the paid version and have had a lot of trouble with the plugin. We accept credit cards and checks. Both have been a huge headache. Didn't realize that "subscriptions" automatically renew with no notice, so had to cancel all our credit card customers' accounts and recreate them. This is obviously a mess in our records, and an irritation to our customers. Check orders get duplicated and set to successful automatically and duplicate every month. I was not able to get help with this from their paid support. We are going to have to migrate to a different platform, which is going to be very painful. I have other usability issues with the plugin. It was clearly originally created with a rather limited feature set without extensibility in mind, and a lot of functionality hacked on, requiring manually editing the code in plugins, not being able to set multiple payment options as active at the same time, bizarre terminology and seemingly redundant settings... Doesn't use standard WP interface conventions for member list, order list, etc, affecting usability. Uses non-HTTPS resources, breaking the green security indicator. Probably more.
- BUG: Fixed bug where credit card expiration emails would be sent to users with PayPal Express orders.
- BUG: Fixed bug when updating billing with Stripe.
- BUG: Fixed bug where the archive/search filter was not running for logged out users.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated Finnish translations. (Thanks, JP Jakonen)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added filter for modifying the order description in Stripe. (Thanks, Rafe Colton)
- BUG: Fixed notifications.php to make sure it really only checks once per day. Also updated the URL checked to notifications.paidmembershipspro.com, which runs on its own server.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Changed the pmpro_button shortcode to pmpro_checkout_button. (The old pmpro_button will also still work. checkout_button works if you have Register Helper installed.)
- BUG: Fixed bug when using a secondary gateway (e.g. PayPal Express) with Stripe as your primary gateway.
- BUG: Fixed bug with updating credit cards through Braintree.
- BUG: Fixed bug with updating credit cards through Stripe.
- BUG: Fixed SQL warnings when generating the pmpro_membership_levelmeta table. (Thanks, itibet on GitHub)
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Moved some update billing and checkout related code from the preheaders and page templates into the Braintree and Stripe classes.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_billing_order filter that functions similar to pmpro_checkout_order.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_billing_before_submit_button hook that functions similar to the pmpro_checkout_before_submit_button hook.
- ENHANCEMENT: Clicking on a report widget no longer takes you to the details page. You have to click the details button. This allows us to add additional functionality to the widgets.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated reports widgets so the “details” button only shows if a page function is defined for that report. You can now have report widgets without details pages.
- ENHANCEMENT: You can now click on a heading in the Membership Stats report widget to see data for up to 3 of your levels. The first 3 levels per the level ordering are shown.
- BUG: Fixed issue where end dates were being set/saved incorrectly from the edit user/profile page in the dashboard.
- BUG: Fixed warnings in the Braintree PHP library. (Thanks, Travis Shivers)
- BUG: Fixed issue where the filtered $mypost object was not being used in the content filter if the post type was “page”. (Thanks, James)
- BUG: Removed the extra class=”input” attribute on the CVV field when the Stripe gateway is used. (Thanks, Rafe Colton)
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Changed the number of X placeholders for masked credit cards to 12 (+ the last 4 stored) instead of 13. (Thanks, Rafe Colton)
- FEATURE: The Stripe Webhook has been updated to process subscriptions cancelled from Stripe. PMPro will now cancel memberships for these users instead of sending an email to the admin.
- BUG: Fixed various bugs in the PayPal IPN handler.
- BUG: Fixed search on discount codes page in dashboard. (Thanks, Debjit Saha)
- BUG: Fixed bug in Cancellations report where all-time cancellations were always 0.
- BUG: Fixed link to payment settings on checkout notice. (Thanks, Coen Jacobs)
- BUG: Timezone magic on edit user page in the dashboard to make sure the expiration date you select is the one set.
- BUG: Swapped out deprecated uses of eregi_replace and split.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Now using add_query_arg in the pmpro_url() function. (Thanks, Debjit Saha)
- ENHANCEMENT: Updating stylesheet for WordPress 4.7 and new Twenty Seventeen theme support.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now longer warning of membership levels with cycle numbers > 1 when using the Payflow Pro gateway since Payflow now supports cycle numbers (frequencies) > 1.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated da_DK translation. (Thanks, bopdoq on GitHub)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_include_payment_option_for_paypal filter, which can be set to false to use PayPal WPP without the PayPal Express option.
- ENHANCEMENT: Better dependency checking for Stripe and Braintree gateways.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated IPN handler and Stripe Webhook handler to use pmpro_cancelMembershipLevel instead of pmpro_changeMembershipLevele. This improves support for the MMPU addon.
- BUG: Fixed bug when using the testing gateway.
- BUG: Avoiding issues where is_user_logged in is not yet available for the pmpro_search_filter() function. (Thanks, d_enajetic)
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated Italian translation. (Thanks again, Angelo)
- ENHANCEMENT: You can now define(‘PMPRO_USE_SESSIONS’, false); in your wp-config.php to force PMPro to skip the call to session_start. Note that PayPal Express and some addons require sessions to function.
- BUG: Fixed issue where “expiring soon” emails were sometimes sent more than needed.
- BUG: Fixed issue where PayPal Standard IPN requests were being rejected if a tax amount was set in PayPal.
- BUG: Fixed issue with Stripe subscription “updates” that were set to fire on “next payment”, e.g. if you used Stripe with levels with a non-zero trial amount. When the update processed and created a new subscription, the old subscription was not being deleted and the new subscription ID was not being saved as a new order for future tracking purposes. If you use this feature, please check in Stripe to make sure your users don’t have extra subscriptions.
- BUG: Fixed setting in PayPal/PayPal Express API calls from AUTOBILLAMT to AUTOBILLOUTAMT. This setting is set to AddToNextBilling, meaning that failed payment amounts are added to the next billing cycle’s amount if left unpaid. In most cases, a retry of the original billed amount goes through or the user’s subscription is cancelled. But just in case, this makes sure that outstanding balances are paid. (Thanks, jubstuff on GitHub)
- BUG: Fixed warnings in the setGateway method of the MemberOrder class for cases where the gateway is missing or the class file is not found.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Moved the pmpro_before_change_membership_level hook to fire a little bit earlier to make it easier to determine the old level status/end date/etc before it gets updated. (Thanks, MrVibe on GitHub)
- ENHANCEMENT: Replaced the Force SSL option with an explanation if the entire site is over HTTPS. We are already ignoring the option in these cases.
- BUG: Fixed a bug introduced in 1.8.11 that kept PMPro from tracking coupon code uses. Any checkout with a discount code while running 1.8.11 won’t have properly tracked the discount code use. You may want to adjust your “uses” numbers for your codes, and hand check any reporting/etc that relied on discount codes. Users of the Sponsored Members addon will have been affected too. Discount codes will need to be made manually for any sponsor who checked out.
- BUG: Fix to the expiration warnings code. Making sure it finds all members who are expiring soon while also keeping track of when emails are sent so users don’t get too many emails.
- BUG: Fixed issue where pmpro_before_change_membership_level was running after levels had been changed.
- BUG: Fixed some warnings.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated Italian translations. (Thanks, Angelo)
- BUG: Fixed issue introduced in 1.8.11 where the pmpro_default_level custom field was being ignored at checkout.
- BUG: Fixed bugs in DB calls made for the compatibility checks for various gateways.
- BUG: Now sending a FREQUENCY parameter for PayPal Payflow orders.
- BUG: Fixed URL used when checking for addon updates.
- BUG: Now enqueueing the jquery.creditCardValidator.js file in Billing preheader.
- BUG: Fixed issues where PayPal IPN updates would sometimes log $0 instead of the actual billing amount.
- BUG: Fixed warnings in the PayPal IPN handler.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_checkout_level filter and now using that filter to apply the_content filters to the level description at checkout. This allows you to turn off the the_content filters (e.g. processing shortcodes) by using remove_filter(‘pmpro_checkout_level’, ‘pmpro_pmpro_checkout_level’); in a custom plugin.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Using the pmpro_confirmation_message filter on the confirmation page whether there is an invoice or not. Now also adding the the_content filters to the confirmation message. You can disable this by using remove_filter(‘pmpro_confirmation_message’, ‘pmpro_pmpro_confirmation_message’); in a custom plugin.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now tracking IPN event ids in order notes for recurring orders.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_subscription_ipn_event_processed hook to IPN handler.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_set_message filter to edit PMPro error messages. Passes the message and type.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now listing categories in hierarchical format in the Content Settings section of Membership Levels.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_areLevelsFree() function to check if all levels in an array of levels are free.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_getLevelsCost() – with an s – function to get the combined cost of multiple levels in an array.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_getLevelsExpiration() – with an s – function to get the combined expiration text for multiple levels in array.
- ENHANCEMENT: Created the pmpro_getLevelAtCheckout function that modularizes some of the logic of creating the pmpro_level global at checkout.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_members_list_user filter used on the admin members list and members list CSV export.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a 4th parameter $cancel_level to pmpro_changeMembershipLevel(). If set, that level will definitely be cancelled locally and at the gateway. This parameter is also passed to the pmpro_before_change_membership_level and pmpro_after_change_membership_level hook.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a new function pmpro_cancelMembershipLevel($level_id, $user_id, $old_level_status) that acts as a wrapper to pass the $cancel_level param to pmpro_changeMembershipLevel().
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated the cancel page on the frontend to support the Multiple Memberships per User addon. All memberships are shown. You can cancel individual memberships separately. The language of the confirm button mentions memberships vs account.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_getMemberOrdersByCheckoutID($checkout_id) function to support Multiple Memberships per User and others using the checkout_id.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a refund($order, $transaction_id) method to the PMPro_stripe class. This will be used by the Multiple Memberships per User addon and eventually used in other areas by the core pluginn.
- BUG: Fixed issue where non-decimal currencies (e.g. Japanese Yen) were sending invalid amounts to the Stripe gateway.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: If an invalid discount code is applied at checkout, we now set the code_level JS var to false. Along with updates to the Pay by Check addon, this fixes issues with the Pay by Check addon where users could not checkout when using a discount code that reduced the price to free.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Fixed HTML validation issue in CVV field of the checkout page.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Now using the current_time function in profile.php to avoid off-by-one errors when changing members’ expiration dates.
- BUG: Fixed bug where users could not confirm PayPal Express payments if the main gateway was Stripe or Braintree.
- BUG: Fixed issue where the billing address and/or credit card fields were not showing up on the Update Billing page.
- BUG: Fixed bug in invoices query in the pmpro_account shortcode.
- BUG: Fixed issue where the orders table was not being created on brand new installs.
- BUG: Fixed responsive styling of ReCaptcha.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Hebrew language support. Thanks, Nadav Waisbrod.
- ENHANCEMENT: Update to Italian translation. (Thanks again, Angelo Giammarresi)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a text domain and path to the plugin header.
- BUG: Fixed bugs in pmpro_hasMembershipLevel that caused shortcodes like [membership levels=”0″] and [membership levels=”-1″] to stop working.
- SECURITY: Patched a cross site scripting (XSS) vulnerability on the Memberships -> Addons page in the dashboard. Thanks to Burak Kelebek for the discovery and responsible disclosure of this vulnerability.
- BUG: Added pmpro_btn-submit-checkout class to the PayPal checkout buttons.
- BUG: Fixed bug where cancelation emails weren’t being sent to users if they originated from PayPal.
- BUG: Fixed bug where unsucessful invoices were shown on the Membership Account page. We aren’t showing refunded invoices here now either, but plan to in the future.
- BUG: The update billing page now uses the pmpro_include_billing_address_fields filter so gateways and addons can properly override the payment fields when needed.
- BUG: The update billing page now uses the validatecreditcard.js script to set the Card Type in the background, just like checkout. Fixes some issues with updating credit cards on certain gateways.
- BUG: Reintroduced the pmpro_members_list_sql filter.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Switched the Japanese Yen and South Korean Won to not use decimals by default. (Thanks, flatworld21 on wp.org)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added an option to skip the confirmation step with PayPal Express.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the pmpro_membership_levels_table filter on the membership levels page of the dashboard to allow addons (like the upcoming MMPU addon) to override the HTML for the table shown.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the checkout_id column to the pmpro_membership_orders table. This will be used by addons and possible core in the future to track multiple orders that happen during the same checkout process.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added support for the Serian language. (Thanks, Sasa Trifkovic)
- NOTE: We are planning to remove the certificate_id and certificate_amount columns from the pmpro_membership_orders table. Please contact us if you are using this column for something to come up with a work around.
- BUG: Fixed bug introduced in 188.8.131.52 where member start and end dates weren’t being set correctly. Includes an update script to fix past users affected by this.
- BUG: Fixed warnings on new order page in the dashboard.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Fixed the pmpro_checkout_default_submit_button() methods of the PayPal Express to no longer check if the current gateway is a paypal one. The method is only called when the gateway is loaded anyway or when another addon (e.g. the pmpro-pay-by-check addon) adds the hook.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Moved check instructions code into the check gateway class so it can be overriden by addons (e.g. an update to the pmpro-pay-by-check addon).
- BUG: Fixed SQL in pmpro_changeMembershipLevel that caused issues with some MySQL setups.
- BUG: Fixed URL PayPal Express and PayPal standard redirect to at checkout. (Although the incorrect URL was still working on the PayPal side.)
- BUG: Addon page now passes $status to the plugin_row_meta filter to fix warnings that were sometimes showing up. (Thanks, jawhite)
- BUG: Fixed typo in the pmpro_orders_csv_extra_columns filter introduced in 184.108.40.206. (Thanks, Johannes Jokelin)
- BUG: Fixed bug where some recurring orders members who checked out with Stripe in very old versions of PMPro would show up as orders with a blank user_id and membership_id. This update includes a fix for this and an update script to fix old orders affected by this.
- BUG: Fixed bug where the Stripe class activation/deactivation methods were setup too late to actually run on activation/deactivation.
- BUG: Updated the Stripe class to use the same language and markup in the Payment Information section as the default checkout.
- BUG: Now forcing pmpro_getMembershipLevelForUser() in admin change emails.
- BUG: Fixed warning in comments_array and comments_open filters. (Thanks, Mihail Chepovskiy)
- BUG: Fixed format error for dates when saving orders. (Thanks, EmreErdogan)
- BUG: Fixed bug that was causing issues in the cancellations report.
- BUG: Fixed the pmpro_cron_expiration_warnings script to properly skip deleted and already expired members.
- BUG: Reverted code to generate the CVV popup URL.
- BUG: Fixed a couple bugs in the pmpro_loadTemplate function.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Updated URL used in the IPN Handler API calls to match the latest PayPal docs. (Thanks, pbaylies)
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Overhauled the orders list CSV export for improved performance. There is still scaling work to be done on the exports, but timeouts and memory errors will happen much less often.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Greek (el_GR) translation. (Thanks, Alexandros Karypidis)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added $order as a parameter to the pmpro_orders_user_row_actions hook. (Thanks, SquareLines)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a warning to backup your database to the update notice.
- BUG: Fixed bug with recurring orders and TwoCheckout.
- BUG: Fixed bug where some non-members (membership_id was 0 or NULL) were being processed for expiration.
- BUG: Fixed bug where the address/street wasn’t showing up when printing orders from the dashboard.
- BUG: Fixed bug where the Stripe class would sometimes show its billing and payment fields even if a secondary gateway was chosen.
- BUG: Making sure $this->total is set for new orders and available to the pmpro_add_order, pmpro_added_order filters.
- BUG: Fixed bug where email templates were not being loaded out of the /paid-memberships-pro/languages/email/ directory. (Thanks, menardmam on wordpress.org)
- BUG: No longer showing a “renew” link on the membership account or membership levels pages if the user’s level is not allowing sign ups.
- BUG: Fixed bug where the expiration script might try to run on deleted or expired users.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Change membership shortcode to call pmpro_hasMembershipLevel when checking for level=”” as well. This ensures the pmpro_has_membership_level filter runs, which some addons/etc need.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated categories list on the edit levels page to show nested categories.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now adding a pmpro-no-access class (similar to the pmpro-has-access class) to the post element if a user doesn’t have access to that post.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_checkout_end_date filter, similar to pmpro_checkout_start_date. Takes params $enddate, $user_id, $pmpro_level, $startdate.
- BUG: Fixed issue in pmpro_has_membership_access() that was causing issues on some sites, specifically sites running PMPro Series.
- BUG: Fixed bug with new order creation.
- BUG: Fixed issue in pmpro_has_membership_access() that kept member content from being locked down on blog homepages and archive/index pages.
- BUG: Fixed display of renew button for memberships with an enddate, but no expiration number or period (e.g. if an admin changed the enddate).
- BUG: Fixed issue where the subtotal was not being recorded properly for some new orders.
- BUG: Fixed issues some where having running the update scripts.
- BUG: Fixed issue where recurring Stripe orders were being created with $0 totals.
- BUG: Fixed issues in pmpro_has_membership_access() that was affecting some sites with files locked down for members. (Thanks, MannyC on GitHub)
- BUG: Fixed issue where data in the Signups vs Cancellations detailed view chart was shifted back one day. (Thanks, TYT)
- BUG: Fixed issue where whitespace in email addresses and user names could confuse the pre-existing user checks.
- BUG: Added some closing HTML tags where needed.
- BUG: Fixed issue where discount codes could be created with special characters even though only letters, numbers, and – will work at checkout.
- BUG: Some fixes to the pt_BR language. (Thanks, )
- ENHANCEMENT: Refactored the members list CSV to use less memory and scale better. It should work faster in general and better on large sites. (Thanks, Thomas Sjolshagen)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_reports_signups_sql and pmpro_reports_get_cancellations_sql filters to filter SQL that generates cancellation numbers in reports.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now setting the timeout on PayPal API calls to 60 seconds from 5 seconds.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now checking admin capabilities on each load in the dashboard in case PMPro-related admin capabilities have been changed. This avoids issues where users were upgrading PMPro but wouldn’t have access to updates or new features without deactivating and reactivating PMPro.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a pmpro_paypal_level_description filter that can be used to filter the description of the level sent to PayPal.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Catalan translations (ca, ca_AD, ca_ES). (Thanks, Jordi Martín)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Estonian translations (et_EE). (Thanks, Enriko Ojala)
- BUG: Using HTTP 1.1 for calls to the PayPal API now.
- BUG: The pmpro_cron_credit_card_expiring_warnings cron job setup by PMPro needed a monthly schedule added via the cron_schedules filter.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the pmpro_maybe_schedule_event() function. This checks if an event with the same hook and args is already scheduled before scheduling the new event.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a script that will run on upgrade to clean out old cron jobs.
- BUG: Fixed bug where pmpro_activation() was firing on every page load. (Thanks, Tigertech and MegaZ on WordPress.org)
- BUG: Fixed bugs with internationalized date formats in a few places.
- BUG: Added missing files via svn.
- BUG: Fixed bug where recurring Stripe orders were saving the customer ID in the subscription_transaction_id instead of the subscription ID. This was causing issues with plugins like AffiliateWP that tried to track recurring orders. After upgrading to 1.8.7, a script will run on your database to fix old recurring orders.
- BUG: Fixed bug where cancellations weren’t showing up in the chart views of the membership stats reports.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: The IPN service will now look for the payment_date parameter to set the timestamp of the recurring order/etc when processing IPN requests.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added tools to run large database updates (e.g. Stripe fix above) over AJAX to avoid timeouts.
- ENHANCEMENT: MemberOrder class will now insert/update the timestamp if a ->timestamp or ->datetime variable is set on the object.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated the Norwegian translation. (Thanks, Thomas Sjolshagen)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Argentine Peso (ARS) as a currency.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Nigerian Naira as a currency option. (Thanks, Maria)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a second option $conjunction parameter to the pmpro_implodeToEnglish() function. So you can use pmpro_implodeToEnglish($array, ‘or’) to change the ‘and’ in the text to ‘or’ or something different.
- ENHANCEMENT: The “Sales” numbers on the sales and revenue reports now only includes orders with totals > $0. (More reports updates in the works.)
- BUG: Fixed bug in the Payflow gateway class that was breaking API calls and checkout.
- BUG: Removed calls to force_ssl_login(), which has been deprecated in WP 4.4+. We are using force_ssl_admin() instead.
- BUG: Fixed issue in pmpro_isLevelExpiringSoon() which controls when “renew” links are shown to users. (Thanks, Thomas Sjolshagen)
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated PayPal gateway classes to use the WP HTTP API instead of CURL directly.
- BUG: Fixed issue with prices over $1000 when using TwoCheckout. (Thanks, BigBradBrown and others.)
- ENHANCEMENT: Removed the API Private Key option from 2Checkout setup since we don’t actually use that in the API.
- ENHANCEMENT: Using the pmpro_check_status_after_checkout filter to set the status of orders for recurring check payments in addition to one time payments. This update supports the update Pay by Check Add On v.5.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added +1 to timestamp when the pmpro_cron_expiration_warnings cron is scheduled to make sure it runs after the pmpro_cron_expire_memberships cron.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added email templates for Greek translation. (Thanks, Dimitris Kalliris)
- BUG: Fixed issue introduced in 220.127.116.11 where “Please enter all required fields” errors would show up even for free/etc levels at checkout.
- BUG: Now checking for required fields even if $pmpro_requirebilling is not set.
- BUG: The redirect_to URL is now encoded with urlencode() when using the !!referrer!! tag in the logged out/non-member text settings on the advanced settings tab. (Thanks, Robert Wilkins)
- BUG: Fixed issue where filters stopped working on the orders page in the dashboard.
- BUG: Fixed issue in pmpro_isLevelExpiringSoon that caused the “renew” link to not appear sometimes. (Thanks, xzistance3)
- BUG: Fixed wording of level cost text for levels with billing limits and billing periods with cycles > 1, e.g. “$1 now and then $1 every 2 Months for 2 periods”. Thanks, russell77)
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Now expiring members before sending expiration warnings.
- BUG: Now adding a specific user agent to IPN requests to PayPal (and other gateways) to avoid 403 errors.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a constant PMPRO_USER_AGENT used in all outside HTTP requests. The user agent will look like “Paid Memberships Pro v18.104.22.168;http://yourdomain.com”.
- SECURITY: No longer showing email addresses in output when cron jobs are processed by non-admins. (Thanks, Daniel Bachhuber)
- BUG: Better handling of errors when validating PayPal IPN requests. Added pmpro_ipn_validate filter. PayPal users should read the release notes here: http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/2015/10/pmpro-update-1-8-6-3/
- BUG: Fixed bug where both the return and first order INS would change membership and update the order twice, leading to unwanted cancellations and emails. (Thanks, Steffen Dressler)
- BUG: No longer using the $pmpro_levels global in pages/levels.php.
- BUG: Stripe supports daily recurring subscriptions. Fixed issue where PMPro was still throwing a warning in some cases.
- BUG: Removed warnings in the membership stats report.
- CODE: Changed a couple instances of “since v2.0” to “since v1.8”.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a hook for pmpro_checkout_order_free that functions like pmpro_checkout_order but fires for the blank order created for free checkouts.
- ENHANCEMENT: Using site_url to get full URL to for the redirect_to value generated by !!referrer!! in the non-member/logged-out text strings in the advanced settings page. This fixes issues with using !!referrer!! on multisite setups. (Thanks, Keith Hall)
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated pmpro_post_classes to work on the $post_id passed by the filter instead of the global $post variable.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_body_classes to add classes like pmpro-body-level-required, pmpro-body-level-1, and pmpro-body-has-access to the body tag based on the queried object.
- ENHANCEMENT: Reformatted the PMPro Reports dashboard.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now using separate invoice templates for email and print.
- SECURITY: Removed debug code from the PayPal IPN Handler script that was causing invalid IPN requests to process as if they were valid. (Thanks, Francois Harvey)
- BUG: The pmpro_membership_level_profile_fields_update() function now only fires on the personal_options_update and edit_user_profile_update hooks instead of the profile_update hook since this function expects to be called from the your-profile or edit-user page.
- FEATURE: Added the ability to print invoices/orders from the Memberships -> Orders page in the dashboard. (Thanks, AgResources)
- FEATURE: Added the ability to email invoices/orders from the Memberships -> Orders page in the dashboard. (Thanks, AgResources)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_before_change_membership_level action. Runs before the subscriptions are cancelled and before the SQL executes to change a user’s level. Passes $level_id and $user_id.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated Stripe Web Hook handler to save event into global $pmpro_stripe_event so filters can act on it.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added $pmpro_level as a second parameter for the pmpro_setup_new_user filter. (Thanks, David Crabill)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Vietnamese language pack. (Thanks, Alex Training Center)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_payflow_authorize_nvpstr, pmpro_payflow_void_nvpstr, pmpro_payflow_charge_nvpstr, pmpro_payflow_subscribe_nvpstr, pmpro_payflow_update_nvpstr, pmpro_payflow_cancel_nvpstr filters for PayPal Payflow Pro gateway. Usage is the same as PayPal Express NVP string filters.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added printable and emailable invoice templates to the Orders page.
- BUG: Fixed $pmpro_core_pages bug added in 22.214.171.124.
- BUG: Removed styling of .input from frontend.css. (Thanks, Russell Jamieson)
- ENHANCEMENT: No longer requiring the CVC/CVV code with Stripe. If blank, Stripe will try to verify without it. If your Stripe settings are to decline transactions that fail CVC check, you will still need a valid CVC code at checkout.
- BUG: Added a $pmpro_core_pages global and using that in includes/init.php so we don’t try to load preheaders and templates for pages added to that from other addons/etc.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_get_membership_level_for_user and pmpro_get_membership_levels_for_user filters to change the levels returned for a user with the pmpro_getMembershipLevelForUser() and pmpro_getMembershipLevelsForUser() functions.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated pmpro_hasMembershipLevels() function to search for expired members with “e” or “E”. Also applies to [membership] shortcodes.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the pmpro_extra_page_settings filter to add additional page settings fields for use with add-on plugins, etc.
- BUG: Fixed infinite redirect issues that would come up on servers setting $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’] to ‘Off’ vs ‘off’ or false. (Thanks, Gordon Seirup)
- BUG: Using current_time(‘timestamp’) in the sales report to avoid issues where sales at the beginning or end of the day aren’t showing up under Today.
- BUG: Added “CVV” and “What’s This?” from the checkout page to the .pot file. (Thanks, Laurentc)
- BUG: Fixed issue where preheaders/account.php was not loaded on the account page if you passed it sections params. (Thanks, sweettea)
- BUG: Fixed issue where no data was showing up for the 31st of the month on the graph of the signups/cancellations report. (Thanks, David Koller)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the pmpro_extra_page_settings filter to add additional page settings fields for use with add-on plugins, etc.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the pmpro_next_payment filter to PayPal Express and Stripe gateways. These use the respective APIs to get the next payment date instead of estimating it from the date of the last order. These filters are in place, but haven’t been enabled because hitting the API on each call could cause performance issues when exporting members or something else.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now showing which levels a category is locked down for on the edit category page.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated the PayPal IPN handler to check the initial_payment_status and set order to “error” status if the payment failed. This will keep PMPro from counting the order in sales totals and can be used by gists and addons to tweak how orders are dealt with.
- ENHANCEMENT: Filtering post_classes to add pmpro-level-required, pmpro-level-#, pmpro-has-access classes to post elements that require membership and/or the user has access to.
- BUG: Fixed issue where addon information was not being updated. (Thanks, walcee, jeff1010ihs, and ron)
- BUG: Fixed DB errors that would happen sometimes on brand new activations.
- BUG: Fixed notices in the code that shows a member’s payment amount on the edit user/profile page.
- BUG: Fixed warnings that would show up if you used pmpro_getLevel(‘name’) to get a level by name for a level that didn’t exist.
- BUG: Fixed notice in pmpro_reset_update_plugins_cache
- BUG: Removed debug code from the PayPal Express gateway.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the pmpro_get_addons_timeout and pmpro_license_check_key_timeout filters to change the default timeout during addon and license key checks.
- BUG: Fixed error handling during addon and license key checks.
- BUG: Fixed bug where the subscription_transaction_id was not showing up in the orders CSV export.
- BUG: Fixed bug where gateway subscriptions were not being cancelled when the “cancel at gateway” option was checked when changing a user’s level on the edit user page.
- BUG: Drag and drop for reordering levels has been disabled if there are < 2 levels or if the user is searching the levels list. (Thanks, Isaac Coleman.)
- BUG: Fixed bug where sales and revenue charts would never show data for the 31st of the month. (Thanks, TYTNetwork)
- ENHANCEMENT: Now showing the time in date column of on the orders page and in the timestamp column of the orders CSV export.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the pmpro_next_payment filter so you can alter how the next payment date is found. Also added a filter to the PayPal Express gateway class, but left it disabled for performance reasons.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now zeroing out the initial payment and billing amount in pmpro_memberships_users when an order gets cancelled.
- ENHANCEMENT: Modified how billing information shows up on the edit user page.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added partial Finnish translations. (Thanks, Onni Hakala)
- FEATURE: Overhauled the Add Ons page with one click installs and automatic updates of non-WordPress.org add ons for PMPro Plus members.
- BUG: Fixed broken links when adminpages/admin_header.php is loaded outside of the PMPro settings tabs.
- BUG: Fixed issue with PMPro page templates being loaded from child themes. (Thanks, SeventhQueen)
- BUG: Fixed bug where gateway subscriptions would sometimes be cancelled even if an admin unchecked the “cancel at gateway” option when changing a user’s level on the edit user page. (Thanks, Scott Noelle)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added debugging to the Braintree webhook. Use define(‘PMPRO_BRAINTREE_WEBHOOK_DEBUG’, true); in your wp-config.php to have debug emails sent to the admin when the Braintree webhook is hit.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated email fields on checkout and billing update form to use the “email” field type instead of “text”. If you need to revert this back to “text” type, use the pmpro_email_field_type filter like this: apply_filters(‘pmpro_email_field_type’, ‘__return_false’); (Thanks, Yann Kozon)
- ENHANCEMENT: French translation updated and now includes email templates. (Thanks, Jean-Christophe Michel)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the pmpro_is_ready filter. This should be used by gateway plugins to set the $pmpro_gateway_ready global variable.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_memberslist_per_page and pmpro_orders_per_page filters to change the default number of items to show on those admin pages.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_new_user and pmpro_new_user_setup hooks to allow for alterring the user creation code at checkout. For an example of how to use these see (https://github.com/strangerstudios/paid-memberships-pro/pull/224). (Thanks, David Crabill)
- ENHANCEMENT: Now setting the Stripe API version in the Stripe class. (Set to version “2015-07-13” right now.) This ensures that Stripe processes PMPro API calls correctly. We will update this to the latest versions as they come out and we test PMPro against them. You will still need to update the API version in the Account Settings of your Stripe dashboard to versio 2015-07-13 (or later as we update the version we work against) so webhook events originating from Stripe are sent out in the correct format.
- BUG: Fixed issue where subscriptions cancelled at Stripe wouldn’t cancel the related PMPro membership if the membership was created after updating to v1.8. (Thank, Ninjami-Juho)
- BUG: Now tracking “views” when the wp_head hook is fired instead of the “wp” hook. Previously page redirects and AJAX calls might have been counted as “views”. Using wp_head will result in more accurate numbers (compared to something like Google Analytics, e.g.). Also note that the number of views will now be much much lower than before on some sites. (Thanks, Michael Cummings)
- BUG: Fixed loading of email templates from language folders in themes, child themes, and languages folder. (Thanks, Karel Martens)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the pmpro_format_phone filter to change how phone numbers are formated. Param 1 is $r, the formatted phone number. Param 2 is $phone, the original phone number.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added doc blocks to cleanPhone and formatPhone functions and the new pmpro_format_phone filter.
- SECURITY PATCH: Fixes to Cross Site Scripting vulnerabilities in the PMPro settings pages in the WordPress dashboard. Advisory ID HTB23264. (Thanks, High-Tech Bridge Security Research Lab)
- BUG: Fixed bug where dropdown to set the account page in the page settings was showing up twice.
- BUG: Fixed warning in pmpro_account shortcode.
- BUG: Grammar fixes in admin pages. “Setup” changed to “Set Up” when used as a verb. (Thanks, sumobi on GitHub)
- ENHANCEMENT: If the option is set, terms of service page embedded on the checkout page will not be passed through do_shortcode so shortcodes get processed in the text. (Thanks, cliffordp on GitHub)
- ENHANCEMENT: The pmpro_account shortcode will now accept “membership” or “memberships” for the section name.
- BUG: Fixed issue introduced in 1.8.4 where levels wouldn’t show up in the front end if they hadn’t been reordered.
- BUG: Fixed the Stripe webhook to work on new orders that are storing the subscription id instead of the customer id in the subscription_transaction_id field. (Thanks, nickd32 on GitHub)
- BUG: Fixed issue where the name and email address of customers was not being sent to Stripe if existing members checked out while the “show billing address” option was set to false.
- BUG: Fixed bug where users who checked out with the Braintree Payments gateway could checkout again using their on file credit card if an invalid credit card was entered at checkout the second time. (Thanks, patternsinthecloud)
- BUG: Updated the 2Checkout PHP API library and fixed some issues with 2Checkout integration.
- BUG: Fixed issue where custom roles had to have pmpro_membershiplevels capability to view other PMPro-related dashboard pages. (Thanks, squarelines)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the ability to order levels on the Levels page by drag and drop in the WordPress admin.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now hiding tabs in the PMPro settings if a user doesn’t have access to that tab (but does have access to other tabs).
- ENHANCEMENT: Converted all files to unix format and removed trailing whitespace. This has no functional change on the plugin, but helps developers who are contributing. (Thanks, meths on GitHub)
- ENHANCEMENT: New Danish translation. (Thanks, Morten Stenbæk and Frederik Hermund)
- BUG: Changed some uses of $wpdb->base_prefix to $wpdb->prefix to fix multisite support.
- BUG: Wrapped pmpro_isDateThisMonth in a function_exists check since some addons already have this defined.
- SECURITY PATCH: The pmpro_getOption function has been updated to not set values from $_REQUEST when available. This allowed malicious users to override PMPro settings on single page loads allowing them to inject text into pages and do other “bad things”. (Thanks, Charles Hill)
- SECURITY PATCH: Many calls to pmpro_getOption(“gateway”) were changed to use pmpro_getGateway which specifically allowed for overriding that one value via a request parameter (the validity of the gateway is double checked).
- BUG: No longer showing the number of visits/views/logins “this month” when the user hasn’t visited in over a month. (Thanks, Kenneth)
- BUG: Fix for email from names with apostrophes and quotes in them.
- BUG: Using current_time() and escaping form values better in logins report.
- BUG: Fixed issue in pmpro_generateUsername() when checking for duplicates. (Thanks, Ruslan)
- BUG: Fixed issue where $user var wasn’t set for emails sent out in the Braintree webhook script. (Thanks, Charles Hill)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_account_bullets_top and pmpro_account_bullets_bottom hooks to add content to the accounts page.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_get_recurring_payments_profile_details_nvpstr, pmpro_manage_recurring_payments_profile_status_nvpstr, pmpro_create_recurring_payments_profile_nvpstr, pmpro_do_express_checkout_payment_nvpstr, and pmpro_get_express_checkout_details_nvpstr hooks to filter specific nvp strings in the PayPal Express integration.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added labels to checkboxes in the dashboard settings pages.
- ENHANCEMENT: Can now use the [pmpro_account] shortcode on other pages/widgets/etc. Can also limit to specific sections [pmpro_account sections=’membership,profile,invoices,links’] just remove sections from that list.
- ENHANCEMENT: Changed all uses of the global $table_prefix to use $wpdb->base_prefix to aid in compatibility when loading WordPress with other PHP code (e.g. phpBB). (Thanks, Dion)
- ENHANCEMENT: The notification script was updated to point to notifications.paidmembershipspro.com instead of www.paidmembershipspro.com/notifications/. This allows us to keep our notification script on a different server. This script is used to insert notifications into the PMPro admin pages when important updates are available.
- BUG: Fixed conflicts when other plugins with older Recaptcha libraries are also activated. Prefixed our copy of the Recaptcha library and functions with pmpro_ and added code to handle cases where an older version of recaptch is used at checkout.
- BUG: Fixed warnings in pmpro_formatPrice. (Thanks, Andrea Carraro)
- BUG: Fixed issue where admins would get emails RE membership changes whenever a profile was updated even if the membership wasn’t changed. (Thanks, chrisw123)
- BUG: Fixed issue where calls to pmpro_hasMembershipLevel() using level names wasn’t working. (Thanks, Scott Slone)
- BUG: Fixed issue with memberslistcsv capabilities. (Thanks, Arnaud Devic)
- BUG: Fixed fatal error that could come up sometimes when PMPro could not find a subscription for a user in Stripe. (Thanks, Chris Eller)
- ENHANCEMENT: Triming whitespace off of search text on members list and orders list searches.
- ENHANCEMENT: Security hardening of SQL queries for members list, orders list, and some helper functions.
- BUG: Fixed typos in pmpro_memberslist_csv and pmpro_orderscsv capabilities. (Thanks, Arnaud Devic)
- BUG: Only loading the Braintree API when using it now.
- BUG: Fixed fatal error that would occur at checkout if PayPal Standard were used with a discount code. (Thanks, John Zeiger)
- BUG: Fixed issue where discount codes would not work if billing address fields were hidden. (e.g. paying by PayPal or check)
- BUG: Fixed issue with the logic around sending emails when admin’s change a member’s level or expiration date. Admins will always get an email. Members will only get an email if the checkbox is checked.
- ENHANCEMENT: No longer showing check instructions at checkout if the level is free.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_stripe_create_subscription filter. (Thanks, nickd32 on GitHub)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Czech (cs_CZ) language files and support for using decimals as separators. (Thanks, Martin “shr3k” Kokeš on GitHub)
- ENHANCEMENT: Payment gateway classes updated so all settings and checkout fields are processed via the gateway class file. This will make it easier to maintain, update, and add new gateways.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a pmpro_after_membership_level_profile_fields hook after the “Membership Level” field dropdown on the edit profile page.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added new statuses for orders when cancelled. cancelled = cancelled by user on cancel page or via gateway, cancelled_admin = cancelled by an admin, expired = cancelled via expiration script, level_change = user upgraded/downgraded to a different level.
- ENHANCEMENT: All gateways use the $pmpro_currency global instead of getting the value via pmpro_getOption.
- ENHANCEMENT: Changing South African Rand (ZAR) to use the symbol R to the left of prices. (Thanks, Rasada)
- BUG: Fixed some translation issues on the checkout page and in level cost text. (Thanks, Jenkisan)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added plural forms of Day, Week, Month, Year to es_ES translation. Other translation files will need to as well.
- BUG: Fixed bug where the $short parameter of pmpro_getLevelCost wasn’t shortening the output in some cases. (Thanks, Kimberly Coleman)
- BUG: Fixed warning in membership dropdown on edit user/profile page. (Thanks, Thomas Sjolshagen)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added German (de_DE) translation files. (Thanks, Cedros)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added Dutch (nl_NL) translation files. (Thanks, Het Verzamelteam)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added settings links to plugins page.
- BUG: Fixed bug in Safari for iOS where checkout submission would fail after choosing “Not Now” when prompted to save the card.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added user row actions to the members list and orders list in the dashboard. Add actions using the pmpro_memberslist_user_row_actions and pmpro_orders_user_row_actions filters which work the same as the core WP user_row_actions filter.
- BUG: Fixed issues with the membership shortcode and pmpro_hasMembershipLevel function.
- ENHANCEMENT: Can now use L or -L to check if a user is logged in (L) or not (-L) in the membership shortcode or pmpro_hasMembershipLevel function.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated to the new version of Google’s ReCaptcha.
- BUG: Fixed issue with quotes and other special characters in membership level names, descriptions, and confirmations. (Thanks, Marcelo Hinojosa)
- BUG: Now correctly setting $saveid when a discount code is created so the pmpro_save_discount_code hook will have the correct id value when codes are created.
- BUG: Using get_userdata in checkout code for better multisite support when setting default role of new users.
- BUG: Stripe JS looks for a field with id AND name = CardType now so the new checkout code is compatible with older checkout templates and will avoid “complete all fields” errors.
- BUG: Removed the urlencode wrappers on the Payflow API calls. Payflow seems to expect the values to be NOT encoded.
- BUG: No longer running email content through wpautop if there is already HTML in an included header or footer for the email. (Thanks, Erik Bertrand)
- BUG: Fixed issue where “complete all required fields” was being shown when using Stripe. They are calling the CardType “brand” in their return object, not “type”.
- BUG: Removed code from includes/notifications.php that was deleting the transient used to keep PMPro installs from hitting the PMPro server too often.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added the “pmpro_checkout_signon_secure” filter so you can tell PMPro to login over http or https in case other plugins (like WordPress MU Domain Mapping) conflict with what should be chosen here.
- Avoiding some warnings.
- SECURITY FIX: The /services/getfile.php script has been disabled by default. You must set the PMPRO_GETFILE_ENABLED constant to true or 1 to allow the script to run. Additionally, the script will strip ../ and /. type strings out of the URI when looking for files to get and will not read any files using the extensions set via the pmpro_getfile_extension_blacklist filter. By default inc, php, php3, php4, php5, phps, and phtml file types are not allowed. (Thanks, Kacper Szurek)
- BUG: Fixed issue with Stripe integration where existing members checking out for new recurring subscriptions would receive extra charges. Now deleting the old Stripe subscription and any related open invoices and creating a new subscription instead of just updating the old subscription. (Thanks, Antonv and Thomas Sjolshagen)
- BUG: Fixed issue with Braintree integration where the billing address associated with a credit card was not being updated via the update billing page. (Thanks, Keith Abramo)
- BUG: Fixed issue where pmpro_next_payment() would return a 0 timestamp instead of false when there is no previous order. (Thanks, Thomas Sjolshagen)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_formatPrice() and pmpro_getCurrencyPosition() functions. Now using them to render prices with formatting. You can use the pmpro_format_price filter or pmpro_currecies filter to adjust the formatting of prices to support currency symbols after the price or to use commas instead of periods for separators.
- ENAHNCEMENT: Added getSubscriptionStatus() to Authorize.net gateway class. Also fixed up some of the logic around checking the gateway environment.
- BUG: Now urlencoding the API Username and Password sent through the PayPal APIs in case your values have + or other special characters in them. (Thanks, mrschmiddy)
- BUG: Now showing cycle number in the Fee column of the members list. E.g. a level that is $10 every 3 months will now show up as $10.00 + $10.00/3 Months.
- BUG: Fixed bug where user first_name and last_name were being overwritten by PayPal values when using PayPal Standard.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added PMPRO_CRON_LIMIT constant, which can be used to limit the number of records processed by each scheduled cron job. This can for example, keep your server from going over PHP time limits or email limits. Use define(‘PMPRO_CRON_LIMIT’, 100); to set the limit to 100.
- BUG: Discount code AJAX calls now going through admin-ajax.php, fixing issues where the Themed Profiles module of Theme My Login would block those calls. (Thanks, Tony)
- ENHANCEMENT: Removed the “CardType” field at checkout and now using the jquery.creditCardValidator script to determine the card type on form submit.
- BUG: No longer setting $order->subtotal and invoice total to the billing amount (vs the initial price) for recurring payments with Cybersource, PayPal Standard, PayPal Express or Twocheckout. (Thanks, Joce Nunes)
- ENHANCEMENT: The search filter will no longer filter out a post that is in a category blocked by one membership level if the user also has access to that content through another category.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Running email body through wpautop if it doesn’t look like HTML.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_getfile_before_error hook in getfile.php.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_ipn_check_receiver_email filter if you want to change how the email is checked in the IPN log.
- BUG: Fixed bug where reports would show duplicate month labels on the last day of the month.
- BUG: Fixed some issues with logging in at checkout, especially when using FORCE_SSL_ADMIN. (Thanks, Wimans)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added “pending” as a default status for orders available on the edit order page in the dashboard.
- BUG: Removed the debug call to d($…) that was left in preheaders/checkout.php and would show up when checkout forms were submitted with empty fields. (Thanks, Nicolas)
- BUG: Fixed warnings in PayPal Express class that could break redirects at checkout. (Thanks, Adam Warner)
- BUG: Fixed issue where new users who checked out with Braintree weren’t having their customerid’s saved, which led to subscription syncronization issues if they checked out again or updated their billing.
- BUG: Fixed warnings in the membership-billing page.
- BUG: Fixed issue where users on some sites running 1.7.14 could not logout.
- OTHER: Changed the CSS class of the checkout button generated via [checkout_button] shortcode or pmpro_getCheckoutButton() function from “btn btn-primary” to “pmpro_btn” to match other buttons generated with PMPro.
- BUG: Fixed bug where level cost would sometimes have incorrect pluralization of months/weeks/etc. (Thanks, Kevin Ackerman)
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Now checking the child and parent theme for email_header.html and email_footer.html files to use for emails. The child theme is checked first.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_getfile_before_readfile hook (passes $filename and $mimetype params) in getfile.php
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: getMembershipLevel method of MemberOrder can now handle when discount_code property is an object. Also, the IPN Handler and 2Checkout handler will now try to get the discount code for the order to correctly update the users pmpro_memberships_users entry.
- BUG: Removed extra class attribute from CVV field that interfered with the required * JS code and some other CSS/JS-related things. (Thanks, catapult)
- ENHANCEMENT: Added code to redirect to the redirect_url if you pass a redirect_url to the login page and the user is already logged in. Updated the links in email confirmations to use login links with redirects instead of direct links.
- EHANCEMENT: Added pmpro_email_attachments filter, which can be used to add attachments to PMPro emails that are sent out. E.g., https://gist.github.com/strangerstudios/c4e771dca8723613bce3
- Fixed bug introduced in 1.7.12 where discount code uses were not being tracked.
- Added pmpro_check_discount_code filter so you can do your own checks on discount codes.
- Added Danish (da_DK) translation. (Thanks, Mikael)
- Fixed bugs with timestamps in various places (especially around trial dates) introduced in 1.7.12
- Another fix to keep PMPro from sending “undefined undefined” as the name to Stripe when the ‘don’t show billing fields’ option is chosen.
- $pmpro_stripe_verify_address flag defaults to same value of Stripe’s showbillingaddress option now.
- Changed the priority of pmpro_applydiscountcode_init hooking on init to 11 so pmpro_init() will run before and setup pmpro_currency_symbol among other things. (Thanks, semyou on GitHub.)
- Explicitly setting $current_user->membership_level in a few places to avoid issues where current_user is overwritten between init and when we try to use it.
- Avoiding a warning in pmpro_getMetavalues() function. (Thanks, Scott Sousa)
- Added target=”_blank” to help links on admin pages. (Thanks, AntonVrba on GitHub)
- Now including expiration text in text that is updated when a discount code is used. (Thanks, John Zeiger)
- Fixed check for subscription_transaction_id in readonly fields array.
- Making sure that $myuser->membership_level is set in pmpro_has_membership_access().
- Added Norwegian locale files. (Thanks, Maritk)
- Added Turkish locale files. (Thanks, yasinkuyu on GitHub.)
- Fixed error where “undefined” was being passed to Stripe for the name.
- Fixed error with setting enddates on the edit user page for users with multiple “active” memberships.
- “Renew” link will show up on levels page only if the user has the level and it is not recurring and has an enddate.
- Stripe gateway is using $pmpro_currency global instead of getting value via pmpro_getOption, so it can be overridden via code like https://gist.github.com/strangerstudios/8806443
- Payflow Pro gateway is now passing the currency code to the API for non-US currencies. (Thanks
- Added “Filter searches and archives?” setting to advanced settings tab. If you had “Show excerpts to non-members?” set to No before, then this will be set to Yes after upgrade. But now you can show excerpts on single post pages while still hiding restricted content from searches and archives.
- Fixed MySQL warning/error that was introduced in 126.96.36.199 and showing for some people who had “hide excerpts” enabled.
- Fixed bug where the $pmpro_levels global would sometimes not include all levels on the levels page. (A better fix for this is coming in v2.0.)
- Fixed bug in pmpro_getMemberDays that sometimes reported more days than the user had really been a member. (Thanks, surefireweb)
- Fixed bug where search results were being incorrectly filtered. The pmpro_search_filter() function in includes/content.php hides member content from non-members if the “show exceprts” setting is set to false.
- Now checking specifically for payment_status = ‘Failed’ in the IPN handler before sending off the payment failed emails. (There may be other statuses we want to consider as “failures” as well, but we want to avoid failing on “pending” statuses/etc.)
- Added getGatewaySubscriptionStatus() and getGatewayTransactionStatus() methods to the MemberOrder class. These are implemented for PayPalExpress right now and will hit the gateway API to return information on a subscription or transaction.
- Added pmpro_memberslist_expires_column filter to members list. $order is passed as second parameter. Use this to filter the date or “Never” shown in the Expires column.
- No longer showing “Membership Levels” link in dashboard menu if a user has access to other PMPro settings pages, but not the membership levels page.
- Added pmpro_applydiscountcode_return_js hook. http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/hook/pmpro_applydiscountcode_return_js/
- Fixed formatting of the level cost when a discount code is applied via AJAX.
- Removed extra $ in checkout_check.html email template.
- Fixed bug where pmpro_setOption was not working for array values in $_POST, e.g. the hideadlevels setting on the Advanced Settings page.
- pmpro_getMembershipCategories($level_id) now returns an array of category IDs instead of an array of arrays.
- Swapped all _x function calls to use __ or _e so they are translated.
- Initial Czech Republic (cs_CZ) translation files. (Thanks, Petr Hlaváček)
- Firing activation hook on upgrade so menu doesn’t disappear.
- Updated PayPal Express/Standard/WPP gateways to throw an error when trying to cancel a subscription that is in pending or suspended status. A warning is shown to the user to contact the site owner or cancel the subscription through PayPal. The WP admin should also get an email about the failure. In the future, there may be a better way to handle these situations automatically, but PayPal doesn’t advise how to “cancel” pending subscriptions.
- Added optional $membership_id parameter to getLastMemberOrder() method of the MemberOrder class. So you can get the last member order of a specific level.
- Added Slovakian translation. (Thanks, Peter Belko)
- Added WP capabilities for each PMPro settings or report page. Admins are given these caps on plugin activation. Or you can set up other roles to use these caps. E.g. https://github.com/strangerstudios/pmpro-membership-manager-role/
- Updated the Stripe API library to version 1.11.0.
- Fixed issues where users upgrading or downgrading would have their subscriptions cancelled at Stripe.
- Fixed issues where extra emails were being sent out when users cancelled a membership when using Stripe.
- Generally made the Stripe integration better and ready for version 2.0.
- The Stripe webhook will now add a 5 second delay before processing most requests. This is to ensure that PMPro has time to update the order during checkout (Stripe can sometimes receive a charge or cancellation, then send the webhook, and WP can process that in the split second it takes PMPro to save an order during checkout.). This prevents duplicate orders in the PMPro DB on some charges and fixes some issues with cancellations.
- Setting constant PMPRO_STRIPE_WEBHOOK_DEBUG to true will send an email to the WP admin every time the Stripe Webhook is hit. You can also set it to an alternative email address or “log” to have it added to ../paid-memberships-pro/logs/stripe-webhook.txt.
- Setting constant PMPRO_IPN_DEBUG to true will send an email to the WP admin every time the IPN handler is hit. You can also set it to an alternative email address or “log” to have it added to ../paid-memberships-pro/logs/ipn.txt.
- Now showing the PMPro order ID/code in INVOICE emails instead of the Stripe order id when using the Stripe gateway.
- Important fix for Braintree Payments users. Credit card information is now correctly updated in Braintree when users submit the form on the billing information page or checkout again on the site. (Thanks, Bryan Paronto and venrooy)
- Updated Italian translation files. (Thanks, Angelo Giammarresi)
- Fixed string wrapping in reports for translation.
- Fixed PHP warning in membership stats report.
- Added various hooks.
- Updated the expiration field dropdown on the edit levels page to use translation strings. (Thanks, 24uurdates)
- Fixed other missing strings for translation. Added Right-to-Left support. (Thanks, louy on GitHub.)
- Added the pmpro_member_startdate filter to filter the pmpro_getMemberStartdate function. Passes $user_id, and $level_id as parameters.
- Added pmpro.getMembershipLevelForUser and pmpro.hasMembershipAccess XMLRPC methods. Example usage: https://gist.github.com/strangerstudios/9099164
- Moved the Terms of Service page/etc to right above the checkout button.
- Now caching the pmpro_getAllLevels() function.
- Added HTML wrappers to the JS on checkout.php. Helps with validation and potentially really old browsers.
- Fixed warnings in includes/login.php.
- Added pmpro_delete_discount_code and pmpro_delete_membership_level actions which run just BEFORE a membership level is deleted. Both pass the discount code ID or level ID respectively.
- Added a third “short” parameter to the pmpro_getLevelCost() function. If set to true the “The price for membership is” text is left off the beginning. The new levels page uses this param.
- Updated the table on the levels page to have one “Price” column showing the cost and expiration text. The text is generated using pmpro_getLevelCost and pmpro_getLevelExpiration instead of its own rules.
- Updated level cost text to say $1/mo instead of $1 now and then $1/mo, etc. (Thanks, louy on GitHub.)
- Added a debug by email method for the Authorize.net Silent Post handler. Add define(‘PMPRO_AUTHNET_SILENT_POST_DEBUG’, true); to your wp-config.php. We will probably move the other services to debug by email as well.
- PMPro will now only filter the from name and email if the default values are detected (WordPress email@example.com). This fixes issues where the from name and email on form emails or other plugin emails were being swapped out with the PMPro settings, which was not always desirable. (Thanks, Helen Hou-Sandi and others.)
- Added an “Only Filter PMPro Emails?” option to the email settings. If checked, only emails sent through the PMProEmail class will have their from name and email adjusted to match the PMPro email settings.
- Added filter options to orders page in admin and export. (Thanks, HTCIA and Harsha Venkatesh)
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation. (Thanks, dballona on GitHub.)
- Fixed some warnings. (Thanks, AlexBiddle on GitHub.)
- Added pmpro_custom_advanced_settings hook to add settings to advanced settings page. Details on usage here: https://github.com/strangerstudios/paid-memberships-pro/pull/86 (Thanks, Jess Oros)
- Updated addon categorization to reflect a lot of addons which have moved into the WordPress.org repository as well as updated versions.
- Fixed bug where user_id = ” was breaking on some MySQL setups and keeping the pmpro_membership_orders table from being populated.
- Updated “Joined” column in members list to use the WP date format setting.
- Removed redundant phone number on checkout page if bphone is already set.
- When adding extra columns to the Members List CSV export via pmpro_members_list_csv_extra_columns, we are now passing the original heading/field name to callback function. So you can use that in your callback functions. This generally means you can use one function that just dumps the meta value rather than requiring a separate function for each meta value.
- Fixed bug where “Show Billing Fields” option was visible on the payment settings page for the testing gateway. (This option is only for Stripe.)
- Fixed bug with choosing levels to hide ads from on advanced settings tab. (Thanks, Alain Fradette)
- Fixed bug where PayPal Express was adding tax twice for subscription charges. (This does not fix existing subscriptions on the PayPal side.)
- Fixed bug with the Stripe Webhook where non-PMPro orders were being added to PMPro via the webhook. If the customer_id cannot be found (i.e. it’s a non-PMPro customer), the order is ignored. (Thanks, Jacob Glenn)
- The getMemberOrderByPaymentTransactionID() function has been updated to return false if no payment_transaction_id is passed in (instead of finding the first order where the id is blank). This is inline with the getMemberOrderBySubscriptionTransactionID() function.
- Fix to code that hides posts from search to NOT hide posts that a user has access to but might also be accessible by users of a different level. (Thanks, normanyung on GitHub)
- Added a pmpro-en_GB translation that changes “State” to “County” on the billing address fields. (Thanks, alexbiddle on GitHub)
- Added “Old Members” option to the members list page to view members who don’t have an active membership, but did in the past. (Note that we don’t differentiate between members who expired and who cancelled.)
- The PayPal IPN Handler has been updated to process “subscr_cancel” messages from PayPal. This should cancel memberships in WP/PMPro when users or PayPal admins cancel a subscription at PayPal when using PayPal Express or Website Payments Pro. There are still known issues with syncing cancellations with PayPal Standard.
- Fixed bug where “error cancelling subscription” emails were being sent out erroneously. These should only go out now if PMPro has trouble cancelling a subscription. If you got a lot of these before, you should get less. If you never got this, you might start getting it sometimes.
- Orders are now set to “cancelled” status whether any attached subscriptions were cancelled or not. (Keeps us from trying again.)
- Fixed bug where All Pages view in WP dashboard would sometimes redirect to the registration page if you had Theme My Login installed.
- Setting startdate to NOW() when a user’s level is changed via pmpro_changeMembershipLevel() using a level ID… also when admin’s manually change a user’s level. This fixes issues with PMPro Series where users who were given a level this way appear to have a start date in 1970, etc.
- Fixed bug with the pmpro_save_discount_code_level filter where -1 was being passed as the code_id for brand new codes.
- Updated “The ____ code has been applied to your order” message to it is wrapped for localization.
- Now checking ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE instead of $_REQUEST[‘lang’] to support WPML using different language URL formats.
- Unsetting $all_membership_levels[$user_id] at the bottom of pmpro_changeMembershipLevel().
- Added $force parameter to pmpro_getMembershipLevelForUser($user_id, $force). If set to true, it will ignore the cached value and pull the level from the DB.
- Added autocomplete=”off” to credit card account number field on checkout and update billing pages.
- Added an optional $seed parameter to pmpro_getDiscountCode() which will add $seed to the scrambled string. Useful when generating many discount codes quickly and time() might not have changed.
- Now hiding “Change Membership Level” link from Member Links section of Membership Account page if PMPRO_DEFAULT_LEVEL is defined.
- Clearing the AccountNumber value at checkout if it is XXXX…, e.g. when we mask the Stripe CC number. This way users will know they need to re-enter the credit card again. (Thanks, Gary)
- Fixed bug on checkout page where html classes for the bstate field were being set based on the bcity value instead.
- Fixed bug where there was no space after the “.” in some level cost text. (Thanks, multiple observers 😉
- Added some explanatory text to the payment settings page about taxes and SSL seals.
- Added a pmpro_formatAddress() function to format billing addresses/etc.
- Fixed bug where blank billing addresses were showing up in confirmation emails. If you use custom email templates, update them to use the !!billing_address!! variable instead of the full address section.
- Design updates to checkout buttons, admin screens, etc, to work better with WP 3.8 and the TwentyFourteen theme.
- Fixed all open bugs with 2Checkout gateway. You can now use this gateway for one time and recurring levels. We’re still keeping the beta message though until we have further live testing.
- The shortcodes for the PMPro pages (e.g. pmpro_levels/etc) will now work on multiple pages. Things may still act funny if you put the shortcodes on pages other than those set in the page settings, but you can do so if you know what you are doing. One limitation still in place is that you can only have one PMPro page shortcode per page. Whichever comes first will be used.
- Added support for WPML. Simply make a copy of each PMPro page for each language. Set the PMPro page settings to the default language pages.
- Updated pmpro.pot template along with a script gettext.sh that will allow us to easily update the pmpro.pot file when we need to.
- Updated the pmpro_url function, should work the same but if you use addons or customizations and notice bugs around URLs, let me know.
- Fixed bug where old membership data was being included in the members list export instead of the latest active membership data.
- Filtering $morder->membership_level at checkout as well as $pmpro_level global.
- When loading bemail and bconfirm email from user meta for existing users, just setting them both to $bemail so different emails don’t show up.
- Now sending a member’s email address to Stripe when customers are created/updated.
- No longer running wpautop on email via pmpro_send_email filter.
- If first_name and/or last_name are passed at checkout, these are used to create a new user instead of bfirstname and blastname.
- Added “view” links to the page settings page.
- Fixed some potential warnings in adminpages/reports/login.php.
- Updated PayPal IPN to use HTTP 1.1 and “Connection: Close” per recent PayPal IPN updates.
- Fixed bug with slashes being added to the SSL Seal text when Payment Settings are saved.
- Now applying the pmpro_checkout_level filter when a membership level is loaded from an order during the review step with PayPal Express checkouts. This will fix many customizations that might have not worked with PayPal Express.
- Cleaned up PayPal Express API integration a bit. Fixes some bugs on sites with one-time payments and taxes calculated in.
- Optimized the members list and orders CSV exports to run with less memory. Especially important for large sites.
- Including Italian, French, Spanish/Peru, and Spanish/Chile language files contributed from the community. Thanks Mirco Babini (mirkolofio on GitHub) and Javier Monorové (zillionsk8 on GitHub)
- Fixed the email template issue for admin emails as well. The email sent to admins for free checkouts won’t include the empty billing address info anymore. (Thanks, inator on GitHub)
- Now redirecting from /register/ to PMPro levels page when latest versions of Theme My Login are activated. Can still disable by returning false with the pmpro_register_redirect or pmpro_login_redirect filter.
- Now showing a “renew” button for the current user’s level on the levels page if their level is not recurring.
- Fix in crons.php where in rare cases the pmpro_expiration_notice meta was not being set correctly for users, which might lead to multiple expiration warning emails.
- Updated pmpro_next_payment to work for any cycle number or period. (Thanks, antonv and others.)
- Now checking for a logged in user before trying to get a billing address to prepopulate at checkout.
- Updated frontend.css to make sure that background gifs in error messages aren’t repeated or applied to dropdowns.
- Added some currencies: CNY, INR, IDR, KRW, TRY, VND, ZAR
- All currencies now available to all gateways. You still need to make sure that your gateway supports the chosen currency.
- Now sending all emails from the PMProEmail class from the pmpro_getOption(“from_email”) setting. Some were sent from the get_option(“admin_email”) setting before.
- Using MySQL to calculate months since first order instead of date_diff, which is only available in PHP 5.3+
- pmpro_longform_address and pmpro_international_addresses now default to true. See this gist to go back to US-specific address format: https://gist.github.com/strangerstudios/6478242
- Added “Show Billing Address Fields” option for the Stripe payment gateway. Set to ‘No’ to hide billing address fields. Replaces the functionality of the “Stripe Lite” plugin.
- Added language files for es_ES, es_CL, and es_PE. Thanks, Javier Monorové (zillionsk8 on GitHub).
- Added language files for fr_FR. Thanks, Jérémy De la casa.
- NOTE: Language files may not be complete. The get involved, join us on GitHub.
- Added Cybersource and 2Checkout gateways in beta.
- Added pmpro_paypal_button_image filter so you can override the URL of the PayPal button image.
- Added a new report showing signups vs. cancellations, monthly recurring revenue, and lifetime value.
- Fixed issue where the checkout_paid template was always being used for emails. It now checks if the level at checkout is free and sends either the checkout_free, checkout_paid, or checkout_trial templates accordingly. (Thanks, inator on GitHub)
- Fixed sales report to not show $ when hovering over bars for “sales” vs. “revenue”.
- Fixed issue where PayPal Standard levels using a billing frequency > 1 (e.g. every 3 months) would have an extra payment charged after one period.
- Fixed SQL error in discount code admin page that could result in cycle_periods of code levels saving incorrectly. (Thanks, Sam D’Amico)
- Removed note that Payflow gateway doesn’t support recurring payments. It does.
- Now passing the membership level id in the $data var for checkout and cancellation emails. The key is “membership_id” so use $data[‘membership_id’] to check/access it.
- No longer setting the subtotal property of orders when the “subscribe” method of the gateways is called. This will fix cases where an initial order or a subscription with a free trial showed a charge amount > $0.
- Clicking enter in discount code box at checkout will no longer submit form and will click the “apply” button.
- Hiding the “Apply” button on the checkout page if a discount code was passed in. Showing it if the text field is changed.
- Authorize.net now supports CAD, GBP, and EUR currencies (for US merchants only) http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/The-Authorize-Net-Developer-Blog/Authorize-Net-Expansion-into-Canada-the-United-Kingdom-and/ba-p/33690
- Fixed notice in getfile.php
- Fixed notices and expiration dates in login report.
- Fixed notices in includes/notifications.php (Thanks, Nilesh)
- Allowing dashes (-) in discount codes now.
- Fixed warning when trying to load the “free” gateway on free level checkouts.
- Fixed warning coming from login report tracking.
- Changed all $wpdb->escape() calls to esc_sql() to fix notice.
- Fixed another bug in revenue/sales report for daily charts. (backported to 1.7.2, but a few people who upgraded missed it)
- Fixed bug on add/edit level page that was causing issues in some versions of IE.
- Fixed bug where links in the email_header.html and email_footer.html templates were not being converted to true links.
- Removed an extra $ from the PayPal Express confirmation emails.
- Fixed loading of local (in the paid-memberships-pro/languages directory) translation files. (Should have some bundled with the plugin soon.)
- Fixed the revenue/sales report to accurately track recurring sales and reports from earlier years.
- Now trimming whitespace on any text field updated through the PMPro settings pages. This prevents issues like those that come up if you have whitespace in your Stripe API key, etc. Thanks, Scott Sousa.
- Added discount code use tracking for PayPal Standard. Saving the use before the user goes to PayPal to pay.
- Added discount code id and code columns to orders and members list CSV exports.
- Changed default capability check to ‘manage_options’ (administrator), and added a filter named ‘pmpro_edit_member_capability’ to allow dev’s to change this capability. Thanks, Scott Sousa.
- Now removing empty (only includes the PMPro shortcode) PMPro pages when uninstalling PMPro. Thanks, Scott Sousa.
- Now adding classes to the body tag (if the theme supports it through the body_class() function) to aid in design. Classes are pmpro-account, pmpro-billing, pmpro-cancel, pmpro-checkout, pmpro-confirmation, pmpro-invoice.
- Adding $0 orders for free level checkouts (will help reporting).
- Added pmpro_invoice_bullets_top and pmpro_invoice_bullets_bottom hooks to confirmation and invoice pages. Passes $pmpro_invoice.
- Fixed members list CSV export for lists with search queries.
- Added is_ssl() check to pmpro_https_filter so PMPro will add HTTPS to URLs even if the $besecure global hasn’t been set yet. Thanks, Andrew Calaio at wpcurve.com.
- Removed the pmpro_cron_trial_ending_warnings daily cron so trial ending emails will no longer go out. The function pmpro_cron_trial_ending_warnings() is still there if you want to call it yourself. There were issues on some sites where these emails were going out erroneously and also many ways of doing “custom trials” including setting the subscription start date back a certain number of days was not picked up as a trial by this script anyway.
- Added the pmpro_cron_credit_card_expiring daily cron to send out warnings a month or so before credit cards on record are set to expire.
- Updated pmpro_has_membership_access to return true if the $post_id is empty or cannot be found. This fixes issues where member warnings were being added to non-pages, e.g. the bbPress forums archive. To lock down “pages” like this, you’ll need to use custom coding, URL detection, etc. Thanks, Scott Sousa (scottsousa on GitHub and WP.org) from Slocum Studio.
- Design updates to frontend and backend pages.
- Added Sales and Revenue Report.
- Fix to Braintree webhook that should help get it verified by Braintree more easily.
- Fix to PayPal IPNHandler to check both that either the primary or the business email address sent from PayPal matches the one stored in the payment settings.
- Added pmpro_ajax_timeout hook to change the timeout limit from 2000 (2 seconds) to something else.
- Fixed bug that occurred when the pmpro_register_redirect filter returned false or a blank link. Thanks, Vladimir Garagulya.
- Added pmpro_paypal_standard_nvpstr and pmpro_set_express_checkout_nvpstr filters to change or add parameters to an name-value-pair string sent to PayPal in a couple cases.
- Fixed checkout failure on Free level when in mySQL Strict Mode. (Thanks, inator on GitHub)
- Only checking pmpro_checkForUpgrades in admin/dashboard now. (Thanks, topdown on GitHub)
- No longer loading recaptcha library in the admin. Also wrapped the recaptchalib require in an init function to delay it a bit so we can check if other plugins have already loaded it.
- PMPro-Mailchimp and WP-Bouncer have been moved into the WP repository. Other Add-on updates.
- New users will now be set to the “default role” set in the General settings instead of spefically “subscriber”. (Subscriber is the default default role though.) Thanks, Nabil Kadimi.
- Wrapped strings in login report for translation.
- Added indexes to the following columns in the pmpro_membership_orders table: status, payment_transaction_id, subscription_transaction_id, affiliate_id, affiliate_subid
- Another database fix for new installs.
- Fixed a performance issue added in 188.8.131.52.
- Fixed HUGE issue with the DB setup on fresh 1.7+ installs. If you installed version 1.7 or 184.108.40.206 fresh (not upgraded from earlier version) then PMPro will not work until you upgrade to version 220.127.116.11.
- Removed from old PHP short tag use
- Fixed generation of members only and non-logged in text on new installs.
- Added the redirect away from wp-login.php page (was accidentally removed in version 1.7).
- Added support for Theme My Login versions 6.3+
- Fixed CSV downloads.
- Fixed some warnings.
- Fixed generation of cost text when using built in tax.
- Added “pmpro_subscribe_order” filter.
- Added an index to the user_id column of pmpro_memberships_users table which will help with performance of the new logins report and other user search functions.
- Ready for localization efforts.
- Addons tab in PMPro Settings in the dashboard.
- Reports page in dashboard with login report.
- Webhook code for Braintree Payments gateway.
- If PayPal Standard is the active gateway, users without membership levels will be able to see the confirmation page with a message that PayPal is processing payment.
- Fixed bug where PayPal recurring orders were being attributed to the wrong user (if no subscriber id was attached to the IPN message).
- Fixed bug where users sometimes couldn’t checkout with a discount code that made a level free.
- Cleaned up code in base paid-memberships-pro.php file.
- Updated the .pmpro_checkout tr.odd td line in frontend.css to use rgba with alpha transparency to work a bit better on dark background themes.
- Fixed bug where a user’s first_name and last_name meta fields might be overwritten by the billing name fields at checkout. It will still set them if the user’s first and last name fields are blank. (Thanks, John Hamlin.)
- Fixed bug where zipcode was shown instead of state in the members list CSV export. (Thanks, John Hamlin.)
- Fix to show discount codes on free trial confirmation emails if one was used.
- Added the pmpro_random_code filter so you can hook in and change invoice code/etc generation.
- Correctly padding zeroes on credit card expiration dates like 09/2013 when using Stripe. This SQL statement should fix broken entries in your orders table: NOTE (1) Backup your database first. NOTE (2) Make sure you change the table name to match your WP prefix,etc. >>> UPDATE wp_pmpro_membership_orders SET expirationyear = CONCAT(SUBSTRING(expirationmonth,2,1), expirationyear), expirationmonth= CONCAT(‘0’, SUBSTRING(expirationmonth,1,1)) WHERE expirationmonth > 12;
- Wrapped some AJAX and service calls code in init() functions so they will more consistently work with hooks/filters. (Before if PMPro loaded before a plugin or bit of code that added filters/etc, the filters wouldn’t get applied.)
- Fixed Stripe JS to also send city to Stripe. (This is important because Stripe doesn’t seem to show the address at all if the city is missing.)
- Added ‘pmpro_members_list_sql’ hook to filter the SQL used on the members list page and CSV export.
- Added ‘pmpro_members_list_csv_heading’ and ‘pmpro_members_list_csv_default_columns’ hooks to filter the default columns in the members list CSV. (e.g. to check role and remove columns)
- Added ‘pmpro_members_list_user_link’ hook to filter the link and username displayed on the members list page. (e.g. to check role and remove link to edit user)
- Checking that “status=’active'” when finding subscriptions to cancel when deleting a level. This will keep PMPro from trying to cancel someone more than once… or trying to cancel inactive subscriptions.
- Fixed bug where Sales Tax fields were hidden on the payment settings page if Stripe was chosen as the gateway.
- No longer logging IPN activity to logs/ipn.txt by default. (Uncomment the lines at the bottom of services/ipnhandler.php to use the log to debug.)
- Added recurring billing support to Payflow integration.
- Fixed bug where an order’s code was shown instead of the subscription ID on the edit order page.
- Fixed some logic with determining if level settings are not compatible with the current gateway.
- On notice and one DB query fix in upgradecheck.php submitted by pranjithkumar on GitHub. Thanks!
- Fixed Braintree integration for production environments. Braintree needed to be told “production” instead of “live”.
- Removed !!field!! lines from a couple of admin emails.
- Added login_link as data for the cancel_admin email template.
- Added Braintree payments as a gateway option. This should be considered in “beta”. Please get in touch if you are using Braintree payments with PMPro. Everything should function except that we’re still working out an issue with the webhook handler.
- Added a new dashboard page Orders to view all orders processed by PMPro with an option to export to CSV.
- Fixed bug where “Your membership level has changed” emails were being sent out the first time a user’s profile was edited, even if the level wasn’t changing.
- Removed the revenue estimate from the members list page. This causes performance issues on sites with many members. A new reports dashboard page is coming soon.
- Not showing payment settings warning now when Payflow is setup with all values filled in.
- Updated preheaders/billing.php to get the most recent successful order from the DB to use when updating. (ORDER BY id DESC in the query)
- Added pmpro_stripe_subscription_deleted hook in stripe-webhook.php for when subscriptions are cancelled on the Stripe side. Use this code to cancel on your site as well: https://gist.github.com/strangerstudios/5093710
- Now using $pmpro_currency_symbol when membership price is shown on the edit profile page in the dashboard/etc.
- Added pmpro_authorizenet_post_url filter to use Authorize.net gateway class with a different post url, e.g. if you have a gateway that offers an Authorize.net compatibility mode.
- Added pmpro_check_status_after_checkout filter so you can e.g. set the status to “pending” instead of “success” when a user checks out with the check gateway. They will still have access to the membership level, but you can update the status via the orders dashboard later.
- Added pmpro_confirmation_order_status filter so you change which status the confirmation page looks for. Can return an array as well since the getLastMemberOrder method call on MemberOrder has been updated to support $status as an array.
- Orders made via the check gateway now have PaymentType = “Check” and CardType = “”.
- Added a notes column to orders.
- Fixed bug where discount codes were not showing up in checkout emails if the level was free.
- Added some wpdb->escape() wrappers to the saveOrder method of MemberOrder which will fix some bugs with orders with fields with apostrophe’s in them, etc.
- Added checks for custom capabilities to the PMPro admin pages in case you want to give non-admins access. Caps are: pmpro_discountcodes, pmpro_emailsettings, pmpro_membershiplevels, pmpro_memberslist, pmpro_memberslist_csv, pmpro_orders, pmpro_orders_csv, pmpro_pagesettings, pmpro_paymentsettings
- Added pmpro_memberslist_extra_cols_header and pmpro_memberslist_extra_cols_body hooks to add extra columns to the members list page.
- Fixed pmpro_paypal_express_return_url_parameters filter to properly encode & and = so the params are properly added to the ReturnURL instead of being seen as extra params to the full PayPal Express URL. The PMPro Addon Packages plugin has been updated to take advantage of this to make that plugin more compatible with PayPal Express.
- Fixed bugs with Strip webook: now listening for charge.succeeded and charge.failed, other fixes.
- Fixed Members List bugs introduced in version 18.104.22.168.
- Revamped the ipnhandler code. It’s much cleaner now and should be easier to support with all 3 PayPal APIs (Standard, Website Payments Pro, Express) working through the one handler.
- Added Payflow Pro as a gateway option. Currently, only one-time charges is supported.
- Added the pmpro_register_redirect filter to allow you to change the URL PMPro redirects wp-login.php?action=register to. Returning false or an empty string will result in no redirect from the register page.
- Added pmpro_subscription_payment_failed hook that runs if a failed payment comes in through the IPN Handler, Authorize.net silent post, or Stripe web hook. do_action(“pmpro_subscription_payment_failed”, $old_order); $old_order is a MemberOrder object.
- Fixed bug on Membership Billing page that was hiding the billing address fields.
- Changed all of the instances of “firstpayment” order statuses to “success”. Also running query to fix statues in the DB. This caused issues for levels with only a one-time payment, where the invoice wouldn’t show up in their account page.
- Fixed the PayPal Express gateway to correctly set the order transaction id to TRANSACTIONID instead of the PROFILEID.
- Updated the IPN handlers to accept recurring_payment_id or subscr_id when checking for recurring payment orders.
- You can now place email templates in a paid-memberships-pro/email folder in your theme and PMPro will use these before using the built in email templates. Just copy the file out of the wp-plugins/paid-memberships-pro/email folder, use the same filenames, and edit the file.
- You can now place page templates in a paid-memberships-pro/pages folder in your theme and PMPro will use these before using the built in page templates. Just copy the file out of the wp-plugins/paid-memberships-pro/pages folder, use the same filename, and edit the file.
- You can now place css templates in a paid-memberships-pro/css folder in your theme and PMPro will use these before using the built in page templates. Just copy the file out of the wp-plugins/paid-memberships-pro/css folder, use the same filename, and edit the file.
- Fixed a bug where discount codes that reduced a level price to $0 were not being counted as “uses”.
- Added a pmpro_email_data filter to make it easier to add variables to edited email templates.
- Added user_login to the data fields all of the emails for use by templates (use !!user_login!! in your template)
- Added $wp_version to globals set in preheaders/checkout.php to properly compare versions later in the script and avoid a notice.
- Added pmpro_email_filter hook to filter entire email object at once.
- Warning fix: Updated email class to check if the template file exists before trying to load the template into the body. (Useful if you are using the PMProEmail class for your own emails.)
- Fixed bugs with the Membership Billing page. (Thanks, adambware)
- The getMembershipLevelForUser function and getMembershipLevel method of the MemberOrders class will now include expiration_number and expiration_period properties on the returned level. These are needed to properly extend membership levels when checking out for the same level.
- Added pmpro_before_send_to_paypal_standard hook. This is executed at checkout before calling the sendToPayPal method on the order. The register helper plugin has been updated to update user meta fields during this hook in addition to the pmpro_after_checkout hook. (Because for PayPal Standard, when pmpro_after_checkout is called, the $_SESSION vars are unavailable to it. So other plugins relying on the pmpro_after_checkout hook may have issues with PayPal Standard.)
- Re-Added !class_exists(“Stripe”) check before loading Stripe library. This assumes that other plugins using the Stripe lib are loading compatible versions and/or also checking first before loading the Stripe lib. (It’s important that you test things if you are using multiple plugins loading Stripe. If the other plugins are loading old Stripe APIs first, PMPro may not work correctly.) The alternative is to namespace the Stripe library for PMPro which would take some more effort.
- Now running email subject lines through html_entity_decode to avoid special characters for apostrophes/etc.
- pmpro_is_login_page() now also checks if is_page(“login”)
- The pmpro_login_redirect and pmpro_besecure functions, which handle HTTP/HTTPS logic have been updated. pmpro_besecure is now running on login_init instead of login_head to avoid a “cannot resend headers” error. pmpro_login_redirect will strip https from the URL if FORCE_SSL_LOGIN is set but FORCE_SSL_ADMIN is not set to avoid “need to login twice” bugs.
- Updated code to support auto-hiding ads with newer versions of Easy AdSense.
- Updated how the members list CSV is generated to avoid PHP notices when meta values are not found/etc. Also added a prefix to the enclose function in memberslist-csv.php (enclose => pmpro_enclose).
- Now using get_option(“date_format”) when outputing a date in the admin, frontend, or in an email.
- Proper trial support for Stripe. (We use the trial_period_days parameter of the Stripe plan object to push the first payment back – since the first payment is handled in its own transaction. We now also add days to this based on the # of trial subscriptions set for the level in the admin.
- Ready for WordPress 3.5
- Fixed issues in the PayPal IPN Handler that were leading to errors when users would checkout using the PayPal standard gateway.
- Fixed “invalid gateway” bug when using PayPal Express option with the PayPal/PayPalExpress gateway.
- Fixed some warnings.
- Fixes in the new pmpro_getMemberStartdate and pmpro_getMemberDays functions.
- Fixes to SQL queries for the expiration and trial ending crons.
- Added a pmpro_required_user_fields filter similar to the pmpro_required_billing_fields filter.
- Added a function pmpro_setMessage($message, $type) that sets $pmpro_msg and $pmpro_msgt globals if they aren’t set already.
- Added a function pmpro_getClassForField($field) that will return a string including “pmpro_error” or “pmpro_required” if applicable. You can filter the classes added to the fields via the pmpro_field_classes filter.
- Updated checkout page to highlight in red fields that are related to the error message shown.
- Added headers property to the PMProEmail object. You can add headers (e.g. to add a cc or bcc) to PMPro emails using the pmpro_email_headers filter.
- Updated Stripe library to version 1.7.10. Updated PMPro to take advantage of new “interval_count” parameter in subscriptions, so you can now have subscriptions setup for “every 2 months”, etc.
- Fix to pmpro_checkout_start_date_keep_startdate filter added in 1.5.5
- Added “Start Date” and “End Date” to emails sent to admins when a membership is cancelled.
- Now checks for CSS files in a paid-memberships-pro subfolder of your active theme and uses those admin.css, frontend.css, and print.css files instead if they exist. (Going to move email and page template checks to that subfolder in the future as well.)
- Updated pmpro_check_site_url_for_https function to cache the siteurl to limit DB queries.
- Added includes/filters.php to store hacks/filters/actions that were originally developed outside of the PMPro core and brought in later… or just things that are cleaner/easier to impement via hooks and filters.
- Added a “delay” property to the membership shortcode. E.g. [membership level=”1″ delay=”7″]…[/membership] will show that content if a member has had level 1 for at least 7 days.
- If a member checks out for the same level again (extending their membership), the startdate added to pmpro_memberships_users will be their old startdate.
- If a member checks out for the same level again, the remaining days on their existing membership will be added to their new enddate. So e.g. if a user starts an annual membership in April 2013, then checks out again (extends) their membership in February 2014, their new enddate will be April 2015 instead of February 2015. (NOTE: if you were doing this through the custom code here – https://gist.github.com/3678054 – you should remove your custom code.)
- Fixed bug where you couldn’t remove all required membership levels from a page/post. (Thanks, lisaleague)
- Updated the button CSS included in paid-memberships-pro/css/frontend.css. I added a pmpro_ prefix to these classes so they don’t conflict with other .btn CSS rules. I also changed the rules a bit to show the buttons more consistently. If you relied on the old CSS rules, you may need to tweak your theme to get things looking right.
- Added a gateway check to preheaders/checkout.php. Mischivous users used to be able to bypass payment by passing &gateway=check or something similar to the checkout page. PMPro would then use the check gateway to checkout. Now only the active gateway option in the payments settings or gateways added via the new pmpro_valid_gateways filter (1 parameter is the array of gateways, add/edit the gateways and return the array). It is important that all PMPro users upgrade to keep mischivious users from accessing your site for free. Any site currently enabling multiple gateway options will need to add code to set the valid gateways. More info here: http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/2012/06/offering-multiple-gateway-options-at-checkout/
- Fixed bug where level restrictions would be deleted if a page were updated via quick edit.
- Added if(!class_exists(“Stripe”)) to the Stripe class definition. This should help with some conflicts if other plugins have their own Stripe library. (Going to udate the Stripe library in the next version and work on supporting new Stripe functionality.)
- Fixed a bug where copying a level didn’t properly set recurring billing settings. (Thanks, AtheistsUnited)
- Fixed some typos. (Thanks, AtheistsUnited)
- Fixed some warnings.
- Fixed bug in expiration warning cron query. (Backported to 1.5.3)
- Added PayPal Standard Gateway
- Added code to support using Stripe with the minimal billing fields. Use add_filter(“pmpro_stripe_lite”, “__return_true”); to enable this
- Added an Email setting to send the default WordPress new user email(wp_new_user_notification) or not. By default this was being sent along with the PMPro checkout confirmation email. Now only the checkout confirmation email will be sent unless you check the new setting. You can still override this with the pmpro_wp_new_user_notification filter.
- Updated MemberOrder method saveOrder to check for gateway and gateway_environment properties when inserting. If none are found, it will use what is set in your payment settings. This allows you to set the gateway on a MemberOrder object and save the order with that gateway instead of the default.
- Now only showing the check instructions if the gateway is “check” AND the level is not free.
- Added a check to the notification code in the settings header so it wouldn’t display NULL in the notification space if WP passes that back.
- Some warning fixes.
- Fixed a bug in the PayPal Express gateway class where the pre-tax amount was being passed to PayPal instead of the tax-computed amount.
- Added Canadian Dollars as a currency option for Stripe.
- Fixed typo/bug with saving trial amounts in the memberships_users table after checkout. (Thanks, Badfun)
- Fixed bug in initial and recurring revenue calculation on members list page.
- Fixed bug when setting membership_level of current user after checkout that could cause various issues. (Thanks, drrobotnik)
- Fixed bug in Stripe webhook that resulting in cancelation emails being sent to the 1st user in the DB vs. the user who cancelled. (Thanks, Kunjan of QuarkStudios.com)
- The getLastMemberOrder() method of the MemberOrder class now returns the last order with status = ‘success’ by deafult. You can override this via the second parameter of the function. So getLastMemberOrder($user_id, “cancelled”) to get the last cancelled order or getLastMemberOrder($user_id, false) to get the last order no matter the status.
- Added pmpro_authnet_silent_post_fields filter and pmpro_before_authnet_silent_post and pmpro_after_authnet_silent_post hooks to the Authorize.net silent post handler. All hooks are passed the $fields variable built at the top of the script that mirrors the $_REQUEST array.
- Fixed bugs with pmpro_hasMembershipLevel.
- Added ability to use the 0 level (non-member) in arrays passed to pmpro_hasMembershipLevel. e.g. pmpro_hasMembershipLevel(0,1,2) = has no membership, level 1, or level 2.
- Fixed bug with the pmpro_after_change_membership_level hook, where a level object was passed instead of the id. The object would be nice to have, but we’ve been passing the id in the past. I changed it back for reverse compatibility. (You can always look up the level by level_id and user_id.
- Added “Pay by Check” as a gateway option. Users gain immediate access. You can show instructions for who to write the check out to, where to mail it, etc.
- Added uninstall.php script. (Thanks, badfun)
- Fixed bug where the “Use SSL” option reverted to “No” for Testing, Stripe, and PayPal Express gateways whenever the payments settings page was loaded.
- Fixed bug where the IPN Handler URL was not showing up when PayPal Express was selected.
- Fixed bug where PMPro was not sending the proper trial amount to PayPal when using Website Payments Pro or PayPal Express.
- Added id and status fields to the pmpro_memberships_users table and updated all code to use these fields. This is important for allowing multiple membership levels and tracking cancelled orders. (Thanks, Zookatron!)
- Appending ?level=# to the confirmation page URL after checkout to aid in analytics tracking.
- No longer filtering pages/posts from search results if “show excerpts” is set to YES.
- Showing tax on invoices if applicable.
- Sending tax amount to PayPal Express again.
- Added code to force HTTPS if the siteurl option starts with https:
- Hiding billing information box on Membership Account page if the last invoice was by check or paypal express.
- Added pmpro_email_days_til_expiration and pmpro_email_days_til_trial_end to change how many days before expiration/etc to send an email. The default is 7.
- Fixed typo/bug in preheader/checkout.php RE the pmpro_stripe_verify_address hook. (Thanks, Oniiru!)
- Updated the_excerpt filters to prevent PMPro messages from being added to an excerpt twice in some setups.
- the_content filter removes any class=”more-link” class from the content if showing an excerpt.
- Fixed bug in getfile.php introduced in 1.5.
- Fixed bug in the saveOrder method of the Member Order class. When “updating” vs. “inserting” the $id property of the class was being wiped out. This sometimes caused problems if the id was needed later, e.g. with PayPal Express updating orders.
- Now checking if(!defined(“WP_USE_THEMES”)) instead of if(function_exists(“get_userdata”)) to see if WP is already loaded.
- Added initial payment to the fee column of the members list.
- Added initial payment as a column in the members list CSV export.
- Added the pmpro_members_list_csv_extra_columns filter to add columns to the Members List CSV export. Sample usage here: https://gist.github.com/3111715
- Very important security fix. Please upgrade to 1.5.
- The Members List CSV export is now executed through admin-ajax.php and will only work if you are logged in as an admin (can manage options).
- Fixed service scripts to work if logged in or logged out.
- Changed the applydiscountcode service to going through the site_url() instead of admin-ajax.php to avoid HTTP/HTTPS issues.
- Important: Fixed handling of services sent through admin-ajax.php. Your silent post/ipnhandler URLs, etc, may have been updated.
- Added stripslashes() to membership description output on the checkout page.
- The pmpro_getLevel() function may return the wrong level on the levels, checkout, or account page where another $pmpro_levels array was setup. (The array pmpro_getLevel uses used the level id as the array keys. The older $pmpro_levels used 0-n.) To fix this, I added a pmpro_getAllLevels($include_hidden = false) function and now use that function on the levels, checkout, and account pages. The function queries the database for all levels and then puts them into an array where the level ids are the keys.
- Fix for !!billing_country!! in emails. (Somehow a previous fix for this got overwritten. My bad.)
- Settings $pmpro_level->code_id to $discount_code_id if a valid discount code is applied to a level at checkout. This is
useful for determining if/what discount code was applied to the level when processing it in hooks.
- Added pmpro_getDomainFromURL() and using that to set PMPRO_URL.
- New hooks when orders are added/updated: pmpro_update_order (before update), pmpro_updated_order (after update), pmpro_add_order (before add), pmpro_added_order (after add). (Thanks, zookatron!)
- Fixed !!siteemail!! values for email templates.
- Adjusted display of “processing” message next to checkout button when clicked.
- Added billing_country to orders table in DB and the memberorder class. Handling countries better through the code.
- Removing closing ?> at the bottom of various files while working through. This can avoid errors on some setups.
- Using wp_enqueue_style to load plugin stylesheets now.
- Added the pmpro_getCheckoutButton($level_id, $button_text, $classes) function and [pmpro_button level=”1″] shortcode to add buttons with links to more easily level checkout pages into your pages and themes. Copied over btn and btn-primary styles from Member Lite theme.
- Updated include/require statements to work if the wp-content folder has been renamed or moved.
- Added code to load scripts in the services folder via admin-ajax.php. (Helps when the plugins folder is not where PMPro expects it to be.)
- The discount code AJAX call is using the new service URL (/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=applydiscountcode).
- Added IPN/Silent Post/Webhook instructions to payment settings page.
- Fixed some notices in the PayPal gateway code.
- No longer calling Stripe JS at checkout if the level is free.
- Fixed some HTTPS handling for ISS hosting. (IIS sets $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’] to “off” or “on” instead of TRUE or FALSE.)
- Added #pmpro_processing_message to checkout page which is shown when the submit button is clicked. You can override the message with the pmpro_processing_message filter. You can tweak the CSS to show this differently as well.
- No longer trying to setup a subscription with Stripe for levels with only an Initial Payment amount.
- Updated recaptchalib.php, which fixes issues with using recaptcha.
- Now setting the first_name and last_name meta fields at checkout to match the business first and last name. (Previous scripts to add additional first/last names to the checkout field should override these.)
- Updated the save profile code to only null out the expiration date for a membership if a blank expiration is explicitly passed through the form. If you had other plugins allowing users to edit their profile, etc, it might not have been passing the expiration date and thus updating users expiration dates. Admins and users would have gotten emails.
- Some updates to applydiscountcodes.php service to support plugging into how discount codes function. Added the pmpro_discount_code_level filter to applydiscountcodes.php.
- Removed debug calls to krumo() which would cause fatal errors in certain situations. Please upgrade. (Note that PMPro versions that go three dots deep are usually the most important ones 🙂
- Added the pmpro_cancel_previous_subscriptions filter, which is set to false will skip cancelling the old membership level/subscription at checkout. This is dangerous, but is used by the pmpro-addon-packages plugin to have an addon charge without affecting the old subscription. This works because the user is checking out for the same membership level. (So they don’t really have > 1 membership level.)
- Trimming strings sent to the Authorize.net API in the subscribe and update calls.
- Using get_admin_url instead of home_url in various places so the links will work on sites installed in a subdirectory. (Notifications, admin bar, pagination in admin screens, etc.)
- Wrapping some XML fields in Authorize.net API calls in to avoid issues when non-text characters (e.g. &) are included in the level name, etc.
- Fixed a bunch of notices and warnings on discount codes page in admin.
- Added hooks for changing the discount code page: pmpro_save_discount_code_level, pmpro_save_discount_code, pmpro_discount_code_after_settings, pmpro_discount_code_after_level_settings. Look them up in discountcodes.php to see how they work.
- Updated pmpro_send_html(), which filters emails, to use wpautop instead of nl2br. This will fix any extra double spacing you may have noticed in your emails.
- Added a stripslashes around the membership level confirmation text on the confirmation page. Extra slashes were breaking links, etc.
- Added membership level to subj