Display your WordPress pages excerpt in boxed looking columns with links to their full page using shortcode. You could place your shortcode in any post type of your wordpress site.
=Automatic installation through WordPress:=
- Log-in to your WordPress site.
- Hover over Plugins and click Add New.
- Under Search type in page-showcaser-boxes, then click Search Plugins.
- In the results page, click Install Now.
- Once installed, click “Activate Plugin”. You’re done!
- Download plugin here https://wordpress.org/plugins/page-showcaser-boxes
- Extract file to the ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
- Go to plugin manager in wordpress admin.
- Find plugin named “Page Showcaser Boxes”.
- Click “Activate” and you are done
If you need technical help not found on the site, contact me here
- How to use?
- Hover your mouse over ‘Page Boxes’ on the left sidebar of your WordPress admin page and then click ‘Create New Box’.
- Click ‘Add Column’ button to add new column. 3 Column or multiple of 3 is the best, unless you know about CSS, so you can edit file named ‘ssbshowboxes.css’.
- To select page, open drop down menu on the ‘Select Page’ field and then choose the page title you want.
- Enter the number of words in the field next to ‘Select Page’ field. Don’t use more than 40 words to get the best result, since the height of column is still fixed.
- Enter icon url in the image/ icon field. The image will automatically being resized to 65 x 65.
- Place the shortcode in any page/ post you wish.
- How about the shortcode?
Here is the shortcode format:
replace ‘xxx’ with the ID.
You can also copy it from the field under “Add Column” button.
Contributors & Developers
“Page Showcaser Boxes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
= version 1.1
Add image loading
= version 1.0