OTW Portfolio Light plugin adds responsive portfolio functionality to your WordPress site. Create portfolio items. Categorize them. The plugin comes with a very nice 3 columns templates to show the portfolio in a page or portfolio category. Nice filter option or pagination is available too.
Upgrade to the Pro version of this plugin including tons of more features, regular updates and premium support:
For portfolio items you have the following settings: title, content, client website, short testimonial, featured image for archives and portfolio images for the single portfolio item page displayed in a slider.
Two templates are available:
- Portfolio Filterable – this template will display all your portfolio items. It will add a filter on top of it that will let your users choose items by portfolio category. It will change category listing with a cool animation.
- Portfolio Paginated – this will display all portfolio items and it will add pagination bellow. The number of items per page can be set up in Settings -> Reading -> Blog pages show at most.
Both templates can be called in a Page by using their shortcodes.
- [otw_portfolio] – This will generate Portfolio Paginated template listing portfolio items.
- [otw_portfolio otw_filterable] – This will generate Portfolio Filterable template listing portfolio items with a nicely animated filter on top.
Copy and past the shortcodes in a new page to get a page displaying your portfolio items.
The plugin will automatically create category archive templates for each of your categories with their own links.
In the portfolio settings page you can change the default image sizes for single portfolio items, portfolio templates and archives. You can also set the width for your content.
If you need to modify the template files you can do that and still be able to update the plugin without doing the modifications again. To do that copy the template you’d like to modify form the /templates/ folder of the plugn and past it in your theme’s folder. Do the modifications there.
Full width page template is available in case your theme does not have one.
This plugin comes Localization/Internationalization ready. It is following WordPress I18n standards.
Please refer to online documentation page for more details and screenshots.
It looked very promissing, but for me it didn't work. The plugin is not intuitive enough to work with. However, perhaps it could work for you. That's up to you to find out.
At first it looks as not working well and it's not really customizable, but it just need a little bit of work and knowledge. With a little effort it's very powerful - if you know how to make little changes in code (css for example).
Here an example of what I could make with it:
I've tried a lot of free filterable portfolio plugins to do this and this was absolutely the best.
- Turkish .po/.mo files by Ahmet Kolcu
- When no categories, do not display any filters
- Using default jquery UI that comes with WordPress
- changed shortcode name for filtarable portfolio
- Using default jquery that comes with WordPress
- Initial release