OSD Exclude From Search Results plugin allows you to quickly remove a page, blog post, or ANY custom post type (including ACF) from showing up in your site’s search results. This only changes the search results for the end user, not in the admin pages. The plugin adds a simple check box to the edit / create post screen and a new bulk action to the list view to remove the post or page from the search results. Now includes an admin screen to customize what post types you would like to manage with this plugin. Remove an entire post type from search results with a click of a button. It is extremely light weight, only 60 lines of code including the checkbox, so your site search will not slow down at all. Now you can exclude pages from menus!
A brief Feature List
- Removes posts from search results
- Removes pages from search results
- NOW remove ANY post type including custom post types from search results
Removes pages / posts from menus generated with wp_page_menu()
Link to plugin page WordPress plugin page.
- Upload the osd-exclude-from-search-results directory to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Edit the page that you want to remove from the search / menus, and check the new box
Q: Hi, I see under “other notes” you’ve said:
“Can be modified with one line of code to include custom post types”
Unless I’m being stupid (always a possibility!) I can’t see anywhere that tells you how to do that?
A: Version 2.0 was released with a new administration screen to include custom post types!!
This plugin really saved us a lot of hassle. Well-designed, easy to use. I particulary like that you can excluded entire sets of post types, using a simple menu, without editing each page or post. Works nicely in WP 4.6.1. Highly recommend it!
Contributors & Developers
“OSD Exclude From Search Results” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- New version released YOU MUST SAVE THE NEW ADMIN SCREEN, OR DE-ACTIVATE AND THEN RE-ACTIVATE THE PLUGIN AFTER UPGRADE
- Your settings will not be lost, however you will need to save the post types you want to be managed in the new admin screen
- Now manages all post types including any custom non-hierarchical or hierarchical post type
- Exclude an entire post type from search results with one check box
- Fixed bug with quick edit overwriting plugin settings
- User permission updates
- Bug fix with database table prefix
- Add the ability to remove a page / post from menu
- Only removes from menus created with wp_page_menu()
- Make the column sortable in the admin view of pages / posts
- Tweak styling
- Add bulk updating options in the pages / posts list screens
- Add column to quickly see status in pages / posts list screens
- Initial creation of the Exclude from Search Results plugin