The Order Posts by Word Count plugin creates a widget that lists posts in order by word count. Posts can be sorted in ascending or descending order and you can select how many posts you want to show. The widget can be used in the sidebar or any widgetized area.
The widget uses your existing CSS rules to adapt to the look and feel of your site. If the widget does not look quite right, your existing CSS files will likely need tweaking. You can visit the plugin homepage for questions regarding this plugin.
If you don’t meet the below requirements, I highly recommend you upgrade your WordPress install or move to a web host that supports a more recent version of PHP.
- Requires WordPress version 4.3 or greater
- Requires PHP version 5.2 or greater ( PHP version 5.2.4 is required to run WordPress version 3.2 )
Install via Search
- In your WordPress admin, go to ‘Plugins’ and then click on ‘Add New’.
- In the search box, type in ‘Order Posts by Word Count’ and hit enter. This plugin should be the first and likely the only result.
- Click on the ‘Install’ link.
- Once installed, click the ‘Activate this plugin’ link.
Install via Direct Download
- Download the .zip file containing the plugin.
- In the WordPress admin, click on ‘Plugins’ and then ‘Add New’
- On the resulting ‘Install Plugins’ page, find the ‘Upload’ link at the top and click on it.
- Click on the ‘Choose File’ button and point your machine to the .zip you initially downloaded.
- Click ‘Install Now’
- After the install is complete, click the ‘Activate Plugin’ link.
- How do I use this plugin?
- In the WordPress admin, click on ‘Appearance’ in the left-hand navigation and then on ‘Widgets’ in the submenu.
- Locate the widget titled ‘Order Posts by Word Count’ and drag it into your sidebar or other widget area.
- Configure your settings and click ‘Save’
- Visit the front end of the site to view.
Contributors & Developers
“Order Posts by Word Count” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested in WordPress version 4.5.2