- WordPress 3.0.1 or higher
- A running instance of OpenSearchServer 1.3 or higher (OpenSearchServer 1.5.11 is required for searching into attachments)
Installing an OpenSearchServer instance
There are two ways to get an OpenSearchServer instance:
Installing the plugin
- Verify that you have a running OpenSearchServer instance
- Uncompress the plugin archive in the wp-content/plugins folder for your WordPress installation.
- Activate the OpenSearchServer Search plugin via WordPress settings.
- Open the OpenSearchServer settings page (in the Plugins menu) and fill the form with your desired settings
- Choose the types of content and the taxonomies to index, save your Index Settings.
- Create your index by clicking on the "(Re-)Create the index" button
- New and modified content from WordPress can be pushed into your newly created index by clicking the "Synchronize / Re-index" button.