The ‘One Word A Day’ widget displays a new English word every workday. A quiz is included that shows
three given choices but only one is correct. The widget’s content can also be displayed in a post or page.
Take a look in the FAQ section to see how you do this.
You can also activate an automated post generator which will create a daily post with the quiz. This can
be annoying for your readers so be careful with this function.
Learning English should make fun. Hopefully you do with this plugin 😉
PHP5. Often the providers offer the versions 4 and 5 that can be configured by you. There should be
a switch available in your webspace configuration panel. If you’re not sure ask your provider to ask
how you can activate PHP5.
json. This is a php module that is available by most webhosting providers.
WordPress compatible versions
Not tested WordPress versions
- < 2.7
Not listed minor versions ( e.g. 0.2.1 ) include bugfixes or code improvements.
- 0.3: Added localization. This means that the question What does # mean? appears in your language. Added a visual editor to edit the comment posted by auto post generator.
- 0.2: Use of the built-in cache. Previous words can be selected.
- 0.1: Initial version just containing the quiz
- Copy plugin contents to /wp-content/plugins/one-word-a-day.
- Be sure that the folder cache has write rights.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the widgets admin page and drag & drop the widget ‘One Word A Day’ into your sidebar.
- How do I use the translations?
You have to adopt your wp-config file in your WordPress installation folder.
define ('WPLANG', '');into
define ('WPLANG', 'xx_XX');using the desired country code, e.g. de_DE.
- I’ve changed the country code but the question still appears in English?
Either you mistyped the code or the plugin wasn’t translated into your language yet. If so contact me.
- How do I display the quiz into a post or page?
For this the shortcode [owad] was defined. Type one of these shortcode types in your post or page:
Displays today’s word quiz
Displays the word quiz for the given date.
Displays the word quiz for the post’s date. Changing the the publish date will effect a change of the quiz content.