NukePiG allows you one-click deletion of all your blog posts, pages, tags, categories or links, no messing around in the database, just select what you want to reset and hit NUKE! Within seconds you can reset an entire blog or simply just certain content elements, it’s your call.
It’s not uncommon to make the odd mistake when you’re creating thousands of scheduled content items for your blog, especially in the early days whilst you’re getting the hang of things. One wrong column header in the CSV you import with ImportPiG or a small typo in your seed keyword used by ContentPiG and suddenly your blog has thousands of incorrect posts and maybe even tens of thousands of tags if you’re using TagPiG. Deleting these with the native WordPress interface is a real bind as it only allows you to display 20 items per page, even with the new bulk delete feature of 2.5 you can only delete what you can see listed so it still requires thousands of clicks to empty your pre-populated blog.
How to use it
Full usage intructions are included in the attached PDF user guide.
Unzip the NukePiG zip file, it will contain one folder called wp-nuke-pig
Use an FTP client to upload the unzipped wp-nuke-pig directory into your WordPress /wp-content/plugins/ folder
Logon to your WordPress administration area and go to the PLUGINS tab, scroll down to NukePiG and click to activate the plugin
After activation a new BlogPiG tab will appear in your blog’s administration area. This will be in the top bar in WordPress 2.6 or at the bottom of the sidebar in WordPress 2.7 and 2.8. From here you can access the NukePiG admin area.
NukePiG requires a free BlogPiG API key before use. Follow the link on the admin page to get one. If you have previously acquired a BlogPiG API key for NukePiG or some other BlogPiG plugin simply use the same API key as you used previously and the plugin will immediately activate.
We require registration to let you know about updates to your plugins or new releases of other plugins from BlogPiG or occasionally BlogPiG partners. I completely disapprove of spam and I guarantee that your details will never be sold or traded.
Contributors & Developers
“NukePiG” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Version 2.1.1 (06-16-2010)
- [*] Fixed the problem with category counts after nuking posts
- [*] Fixed the problem with nuking the Uncategorized and Blogroll categories
Version 2.1 (03-11-2010)
- [*] Fixed the problem with nuking tags
- [*] Changed the warning popups
- [-] Removed some unused code
Version 188.8.131.529 (01-26-2010)
- [*] Tweaked the config page
Version 184.108.40.2064 (12-11-2009)
- [*] Changed the API code so the plugin works with any of the Pro licenses
- [+] Added ‘scheduled’ to the list of page statuses
Version 220.127.116.118 (11-26-2009)
- [*] Fixed the problem with nuking CommentPiG comments
- [*] Fixed the problem with proxies on older WP installations
- [*] Tweaked some error messages
Version 18.104.22.1689 (11-18-2009)
- [+] Added new nuking options & filters including page/post/comment status, revisions and custom fields
Version 22.214.171.1242 (11-17-2009)
- [*] Changed the licensing code for the new license structure
- [*] Renamed the user manual file as WP had problems upgrading if it was uploaded
Version 126.96.36.1993 (11-05-2009)
- [*] A small optimization of the API check code
Version 188.8.131.525 (11-03-2009)
- [*] A small change in the ‘Nuke Just CommentPiG Comments’ code
Version 184.108.40.2064 (10-29-2009)
- [*] Fixed the bug when nuking categories
Version 220.127.116.111 (10-28-2009)
- [+] Added proxy support to all HTTP functions
Version 18.104.22.1685 (09-25-2009)
- [+] UI Adjustemnts
Version 22.214.171.1246 (04-01-2009)
- [+] First Release