Ever wanted to have your custom fields evaluated as part of the post’s content in the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin’s keyword statistics? With NS Custom Fields for WordPress SEO, now you can!
For architecturally-advanced sites that use ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) or another post meta framework to store different parts of a post’s content, WordPress SEO’s usually-helpful keyword statistics can become skewed since they don’t take keywords in all that custom field content into account.
With this plugin, you can specify up to 3 custom fields that you’d like to count as “content” (works for normal posts, pages AND custom post types!) when keyword scoring takes place. Say hello to accurate keyword statistics again.
If you want even more functionality, like support for ACF Repeater and Flexible Content fields, including custom fields in Yoast’s automatic meta descriptions, or specifiying unlimited custom fields, check out our Pro version!
Many thanks to Ogi Djuraskovic of FirstSiteGuide.com for providing a Serbian translation.
- Refinements for compatibility with Yoast
- Updated to accomodate for the latest Yoast SEO API changes
- Quick fixes for updated WordPress SEO API changes
- Added support for WP Types fields in focus keyword quick view
- Added Serbian translation
- Fixed bug with new posts where the post ID is not yet available in GET and so we need to use global post instead. Thank you @tncdesigns for the catch and fix suggestion!
- Bugfix for is_readable warning caused by translation directory not being present (no translations in it yet)
- Added bugfix / enhancement for more accurate keyword counting in the Yoast “General” preview panel
- Added link detection in custom fields (so links will be counted properly for Yoast’s “outbound links” stat)
- Updated for compatibility with latest version of WP SEO by Yoast (>=1.5.4)
- Added custom field support to the live, at-a-glance keyword stats on the General tab of the Yoast metabox
- First public release