Nofollow Links in Posts plugin enables you to add the “nofollow” attribute into links in a post within a specified category. This plugin
is useful if you are doing sponsored posts. You can set the plugin to add the “nofollow” attribute for posts older than “X” days.
- Unzip ‘nofollow-links-in-posts.zip’ and upload the ‘nofollow-links-in-posts’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu and click on ‘Nofollow Links in Posts’ to see the plugin options.
- Why was this plugin written?
Nofollow Links in Posts plugin was originally written to help “paid bloggers” add nofollow to links in sponsored post after a set amount of days. With so many “Paid to Blog” companies such as PayPerPost, ReviewMe and SponsoredReviews, there are a lot bloggers doing sponsored posts.
- I am doing sponsored posts with PayPerPost.com. Is it ok to use this plugin?
Yes! It is ok to add nofollow to links after 30 days. But if the advertisers finds out that you’ve added nofollow to their links, they have the right to place a BAN on you. So, use it at your own risk!
- What about other Paid To Blog companies?
That depends on Terms of Service. You should always read their Terms of Service/Rules & Regulations to see whether they have any specific rules about nofollow.
- What is “nofollow”?
nofollow is an HTML attribute value used to instruct some search engines that a hyperlink should not influence the link target’s ranking in the search engine’s index. It is intended to reduce the effectiveness of certain types of search engine spam, thereby improving the quality of search engine results.
- Does this plugin work by adding the rel=”nofollow” in the database or it works when loading the post?
This plugin works on the fly (dynamically) and does not alter the wp_posts database table structure
- Will this plugin add nofollow to a link in existing (old) posts?
Contributors & Developers
“Nofollow Links in Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors