This plugin will completely remove the mandatory ‘Category Base’ and all the parents from your category permalinks (e.g.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it! You sould now be able to access your categories via http://mysite.com/my-category/
See http://www.milardovich.com.ar/no-category-parents/ for troubleshooting.
everything you need
Very usefull and simple!
Contributors & Developers
“No category parents” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Quickfix: fixed pagination bug
- Tested up to WP 4.1
- Fixed pagination problem (special thanks to Lukáš Wojnar).
- Changed some links.
- Fixed “empty category” problem (special thanks to absolutex).
- In 0.2.1 when the “Category Base” field wasn’t empty the plugin didn’t work. Now the “Category Base” field will automatically be empty when you activate the plugin.
- Minor changes in the comments.
- The plugin now works with the permastruct /%category%/ and also replaces the post permalinks.
- Other minor fixes.