This is a WordPress plugin for people who use the most popular NextGEN gallery and do care about website optimization,
speed and page score. It should serve as a swiss-knife for image optimization for your website.
Result: Your WordPress blog will load much faster ! Google Page Speed will recognize all your images as 100% optimized, which will give you better score and page rank.
In this version that means:
- Much faster loading of images (check Settings tab, turn on 85/100 + progressive check boxes)
- Better page speed score for your website
- Leads to overall better SEO site score and ranking
- NextGEN, the most pouplar WordPress gallery
- WordPress Media Library (in commerical version)
- Active theme images optimization (in commercial version)
- Optimize all images in NextGEN Gallery (including thumbnails)
Automatic images optimization in NextGEN WordPress Gallery Plugin:
- on image upload
- on thumbnail generation
- on thumbnail edit or rotate action
Check out the video for commercial plugin features:
Copyright: CodeHub Inc.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
- Download, upload and install .zip under Plugins >> Add New > Upload, and activate the NextGEN Gallery Image Optimizer WordPress plugin.
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Tools > NextGen Gallery Image Optimizer > Follow the on-screen cues.
That’s it … have fun! For more information, feel free to visit the official website at www.ngimo.com or watch demo video at http://www.ngimo.com/demo
None, but you may find some interesting answers here: http://www.ngimo.com/why-and-how
Contributors & Developers
“NextGEN Gallery Image Optimizer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
v1.2 01.01.2014 – added lossy optimization to 85/100 and progressive transformation
v1.1 01.11.2013 – minor bug fixes (improper use of $wpdb->prepare())