This plugin will automatically increment the order of new pages and hierarchical post types so that they appear after their siblings in menu order. A page’s order is also reset if its parent is changed.
- Install through the plugins page or upload the contents of
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add a new page, or edit an existing page and change its parent
- Will this plugin affect the order of my existing posts/pages or navigation menus?
No, saved pages will not have their order changed unless their parent is changed on the edit page. This plugin does not affect navigation menu items.
- Will deleting pages affect page order?
No, if a page is moved to trash or deleted this plugin will not automatically change the order of its children or siblings. Page order will need to be updated manually or by another plugin.
- Does this plugin work with the “Quick Edit” function?
No, this plugin does not support inline editing or bulk editing. Changing a page’s parent through Quick Edit will not automatically update its order.
- Why won’t this plugin work with my custom post type?
Your post type needs to be hierarchical, and support
Contributors & Developers
“New Pages Last” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Initial version