The Network Event Calendar is a very simple Event Listing and Management plugin. What makes this plugin different from the multitude of other plugins that do the same job is that this plugin is WordPress 3.0.1 Multi-Site Network Aware.
- All sub-sites in the network can create events for their own personal events. These work similar to posts, except you should set the "Publish" date for the date of your event.
- The primary site (located in the root / of the installation) can also create events; However, when the root site creates an event, that event is considered "Global" and appears in the listing of all sub-sites.
- When a sub-site creates an event, they can elect to make that event "global" and appear in all sites event listings.
- The events are listed on special pages that you create using WordPress Pages, adding a special code to the page to manage the appearance of the event listing/calendar. The listing is VERY configurable: You can show events from just one site, all sites, or mix them in any way.
- The special event listing code (known as a "shortcode") is completely built into the WordPress UI as a wizard: If you've added an image to a page, you can add an event listing.
- The Plugin contains a side-bar Widget with the same flexibility as the shortcode: You can tweak the view to show what you want.
- For the theme developer, the plugin exposes API methods that mimic the behavior of standard WordPress methods; the_events, get_the_events and get_total_events. Full API documentation exists.
Full documentation, examples and usage and themeing guides are available