In wordpress there are no plugin that allow to pick your myspace events and put them into a page or in sidebar!
This widget use simplehtmldom library to scape http://www.myspace.com//shows (in the current version) to get your events and date!
As of version 0.9, you can get your events without insert any myspace login/key data. I hope that this could be possible in the future.
This plugin uses greatly the structure of the myspace page, you may need to frequently update the plugin to synchronize it with the new version of the page made by myspace.
Tested from an Italian Ip to italian myspace, it should not works for foreign country.
Tested by an Italian IP to the Italian version of myspace.
The policies applied by MySpace may change from country to country so maybe necessary to code a wrapper.
New cache mechanism introduced from v 0.9.8, you may have permission to write on file system to use it!
- Download the plugin
- Unzip myspace_events_widget.zip
- Upload the entire myspace_events_widget folder to your plugins directory
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click to ‘Activate’ the Facebook Dashboard Widget.
- Add This Widget into your sidebar and fill the form
- Get your Myspace Username visiting your myspace address http://www.myspace.com/ ad put it in the widget form
- How do I find my Myspace username?
Get your Myspace Username visiting your myspace address http://www.myspace.com/ ad put it in the widget form
- What is limit?
It’s the max number of events that you should allow to screen in the sidebar
- How can i customize the events color set?
You can modify the events_widget_css.css file in the plugin directory!
- What is cache time Option?
You can specify your cache alive time, by setting your time (in seconds) in the Cache time field.
The last event loaded may freeze (for cache time seconds) in a local file to give faster loading times!
Contributors & Developers
“Myspace Events Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
Beta Intial release (6/11/11)
Introduced cache (23/02/12)