Ready to start your own trust-based marketing buzz? Use TrustedOnes to Ask for, Find and Share recommendations on products and local services. Works with your existing friends at any one of over 40 social networks.
This widget displays your (and optionally friends’) recommendations. Content changes on every page load, keeping your blog content fresh, and search engines happy.
- a free TrustedOnes user account
Widget configuration options:
- Number of recommendations to show per page.
- Include friends’ recommendations. The options are: yes/no
- Choice of topics to display recommendations from. The options are: all, or selected ones
To see the widget in action, check out:
This plugin was developed by Matt Hart.
– Much improved setup instructions, including configuration and blog integration tips
– CSS cleanup (and more to come soon)
– Logo links to user homepage on TrustedOnes
– WordPress 2.8 updates
– fixed logo file issues with automatic plugin updates
– TrustedOnes brand rework
Please see http://blog.trustedones.com/wordpress for detailed instructions.
- FTP files to the WordPress plugin folder: wp-content/plugins, ..or use automatic install feature
In the browser window:
- Enter the widgets section of your WordPress blog.
- Click “Edit” and enter your TrustedOnes username, API key (found at: http://www.trustedones.com/account/me), and select the information to display in the widget.
- Click “Change” then click “Save Changes”.
You’re all done – view your site and the TrustedOnes widget will be displayed in your blog sidebar.
Note that the widget caches all the information it receives from TrustedOnes, placing it into the WordPress widget database. It refreshes the cache once a day when a person visits your blog. This ensures a speedy blog for the vast majority of your visitors!