This plugin is intended for theme developers who build WordPress websites for other businesses. Give your clients a Company Menu to manage typical phone numbers, email, address, and social media links. Integrate those fields in your template files or directly on posts/pages with simple shortcodes and functions.
- Adds a new tab in the Admin’s Sidebar
- Main page in this new tab used to manage standard business contact information and social networking links.
- Add custom subpages under this tab
- Change the menu title and icon to match your client’s branding.
Each field has a shortcode beneath it that can be used on posts and pages to show the contents of the related input box. Theme developers can use the same shortcode as PHP functions in templates to display the data.
New in 1.0.6, now you can customize the output of company_social() function with arguments.
Complete breakdown of features can be found here: http://www.immense.net/company-menu-plugin-wordpress/
- Upload the
my-company-menufolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Select ‘Company’ from the admin sidebar and fill in necessary fields
- Use shortcodes on pages and functions in template files to display information
- Edit menu settings and social media icons on Help/Settings page
- How do I customize the menu title and icon?
Edit these fields from the Help/Settings page.
- How do I setup and use image sprites?
Learn about using image sprites at W3.
Contributors & Developers
“My Company Menu” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tweaked function to allow mcm_menu.php file
- Minor verbiage changes. Removed all references to creating custom pages and focused more on providing a simple interface for managing company contact info. Users utilizing the mcm_menu.php file in your uploads directory can safely upgrade; this check will never be removed..
- Fixed bug causing company_social icons to ignore user-defined sprite background positions
- Fixed bug that caused markup validation issues
- Cleaned up functions and other code
- Added submit current page to StumbleUpon option in social media section
- Added random version number to sprite image to ensure end-user isn’t caching outdated image
- Known issue: company_social shortcode on post/page removes container element
- Added Skype
- Now you can customize the output of company_social() function
- Bug fix: Upload image dialogues placing path in wrong input box
- Bug fix: Issue with company_address shortcode
- Bug fix: RSS feed coordinates not updating
- Customize social media icons with your own image sprite
- Company phone function returns value instead of echo
- Fixed filepath issue for customizable mcm_menu.php file
- Updated readme.txt, better explaining the plugin.
- Initial release.