Musopress Discography creates a Discography Custom Post Type to display and organize your albums on your site.
If you use Bandcamp, it lets you import your music through the click of a button. This way you can use Bandcamp’s awesom features and integrate them effortlessly with your site. Any changes you make can be easily updated by simply re-importing the album(s) in question.
An optional Artist taxonomy is included, useful for labels and artists with many bands/projects.
There’s also a widget to display your latest releases.
- I’m getting an error when trying to import from Bandcamp
This is usually because of a timeout issue. Try again later, or if you’re importing a lot of albums, try importing them in smaller batches.
- I’m getting 404 errors on the album pages
Go to Setting->Permalinks and save.
- I’m still getting 404 errors
This is most likely a conflict with a plugin or theme. Try switching to a different theme and re-saving the permalinks. If that doesn’t fix it, try going through each plugin, deactivating it, re-saving the permalinks, and seeing if that fixes it.
- Now flushes rewrite rules on activation and deactivation to minimize permalink problem.
- Disabled has_archive for the album post type to prevent conflicts with the discography slug.
- Initial release.