The MSTW Schedules & Scoreboards plugin manages multiple sports team schedules and scoreboards. It includes a rich Teams table with logos, colors, sports, venues, and other fields. A variety of shortcodes and widgets are available to display schedule tables, schedule sliders, scoreboards, and countdown timers. An extensive set of display settings is available through the admin screens to customize these displays. Displays may be further customized via the plugin’s stylesheet.
NEW IN MSTW SCHEDULES & SCOREBOARDS
The MSTW Schedules & Scoreboards replaces (MSTW) Game Schedules and Game Locations plugins. All users, especially users of the (MSTW) Game Schedules and Game Locations plugins, are encouraged to review What’s New in Schedules & Scoreboards before getting started.
Need team logos for website? Logo sets for your favorite leagues at the MSTW Store. Whether you don’t have the graphics skills, don’t have the interest, or just don’t have the time, you can jump start your website’s database of teams with perfectly sized logos for schedule tables, schedule sliders, and scoreboards.
All the normal installation methods for WordPress plugins work. See the installation manual page for details.
Upon installation make sure the WP default timezone is set correctly in the WordPress Settings->General screen.
IMPORTANT! MIGRATION FROM GAME SCHEDULES AND/OR GAME LOCATIONS
If you are upgrading, please read the migration manual page to prevent data loss.
Thanks to Mark for all this great work. Very flexible and support responsiveness is outstanding.
I’ve used this plugin, and it’s predecessor, since first planning the sports page I’m maintaining. From day one I’ve gotten excellent support from Mark (and a few enhancements thrown in as well). It’s not too complex to set up, easy to style and entering data is fairly quick.
There’s always things that could be improved – I’d love a quick-edit capability to just enter a game result directly in the games overview and I’d like to be able to re-shuffle and hide fields I don’t use in the backend, but these are really minor things compared to the functionality already there.
5* and keep up the good work, Mark!
I am a 52 years old audio-video technician and webmaster, website programer for a private french high school since 1988. So I’ve been working with students between 12 and 17 years old for the last 29 years of my life, and still loving it.
This is, our school (and me) find the MSTW sports plugins for wordpress.
At first, we didnt know what to expect as result and mostly, how to use it and how much time we would put into the plugin for our school since we have for this year, 14 differents teams that represent our school in competition in 8 differents sports.
And now, I’m really proud and happy to have found this plugins. It is more than we exprected. It is complete, have more possibility than we will need or use for now and it mostly, it is easy to use after creating your first team and schedule. Of course, it is not perfect, but I’m sure the team behing Mark is working hard to get plugin at another level. So for me I just want to say Thank you to Mark and his team for the great creation of MSTW.
I will end with some points or amelioration I would love to see in next version:
1- The ticker scoreboard is very important for us; I sure would love the option to select wich sports beside (like a little scrolling sports choice list)
2- To have the option to set and edit ourself width of tables for some scorebaord or schedules, some are to tight between tables cells. Center, spaces…
3- In team roasters list, to have the option to get to columns for team beside having only one long list to scroll down. Like our athletism team list. Near 40 names and photos.
Guys thanks a lots and mostly to Mark who helped me a lot with patience and speed.
Contributors & Developers
“MSTW Schedules & Scoreboards” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Corrected a bug that prevented the schedule slider from starting at the current game.
- Corrected bugs with the slider custom date & time formats
- Updated the master translation file /lang/msw-schedules-scoreboards-en_US.pot
- Added the ability to show the (“schedule team”) sport for each game to both the schedule table and schedule slider.
- Added a control for the default schedule to CSV Import. Games in a CSV file without a schedule slug default to the specified schedule.
- Removed the control for the logo import directory. Logos can now be automatically moved from their previous site/location to the new site’s media library.
- Increased control of the schedule slider via CSS, including schedule specific styles.
- Corrected some errors with admin notices in the MSTW Utility Library.
- Updated CSS stylesheet loading, so customizations can be loaded from a separate file from the plugin’s mstw-ss-styles.css. Changes to that file are no longer required, so the plugin upgrade process should be simpler (and safer).
- Added css tag for home games to all widgets & shortcodes, not just the schedule table.
- Added four team colors to each team. (For eventual use in several plugins.)
- Corrected bug – schedule sliders with only one game displayed on them slide correctly.
- Corrected bug – settings link on plugins page now goes to the settings page.
- Removed some annoying PHP notices from the CDT widget.
- Added a scoreboard ‘ticker’ shortcode – a slider of games & scores intended for the top of pages.
- Added a Scoreboard Settings tab to the plugin’s Settings admin screen.
- Added CSV Import support for hand-entered schedules using man-readable game dates & times.
- All data tables EXCEPT SCHEDULES generate default slugs from titles if slug column is omitted.
- Updated the default .pot file with some new strings.
- Added Sports to the CSV import function.
- Added Venue Groups (taxonomy) to Venues import and Scoreboards (taxonomy) to Games import.
- Removed ‘invalid referer’ message when deleting (move to Trash) or restoring schedules, teams, games, sports, and venues.
- Removed extraneous debug message from admin screens when importing CSV files
- Added internationalization to some strings and re-generated the default .pot file
- Initial release.