If you don't meet the below requirements, I highly recommend you upgrade your WordPress install or move to a web host
that supports a more recent version of PHP.
- Requires WordPress version 3.2 or greater
- Requires PHP version 5 or greater ( PHP version 5.2.4 is required to run WordPress version 3.2 )
The Easy Way
- In your WordPress admin, go to 'Plugins' and then click on 'Add New'.
- In the search box, type in 'mPress Fix URL References' and hit enter. This plugin should be the first and likely the only result.
- Click on the 'Install' link.
- Once installed, click the 'Activate this plugin' link.
The Hard Way
- Download the .zip file containing the plugin.
- Upload the file into your
/wp-content/plugins/ directory and unzip
- Find the plugin in the WordPress admin on the 'Plugins' page and click 'Activate'
Before you do anything else, this plugin requires that you define the WP_HOME and WP_SITEURL constants in your wp-config.php file.
Once the plugin is installed and activated, just click on 'Fix URL References' in the 'Tools' menu on the left hand side in the WordPress admin area. Next, simply enter the old URL you want to have replaced and click 'Fix References'. Yep... it's that easy.