The steps to install 'Most Shared Posts' are quite simple:
most-shared-posts directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- You are now collecting data, which you can view in Dashboard->Most Shared Posts Stats.
- NOTE: The plugin throttles how quickly it gathers the social data, to ensure it does not cause any slowness for your users. For small sites with less than 100 posts, this should typically be done in the first hour. For sites with other 2000 posts it could take a day or more.
If you'd like display the count to your users then add a widget:
- Go to the 'Widgets' page in the 'Appearance' section of WordPress.
- Now you can add the widget to different pages of your site. Recommended pages to add the widget: "Sidebar Index", "Sidebar Single", "Sidebar Category"
- You can customise the plugin differently for each of these sections should you wish.
Please consider a donation! :)