This plugin syncs Mobilizon events via creating it’s own read only custom post type inside WordPress. You can choose any Mobilizon-group on any Mobilizon-instance that you like.
- It is designed to integrate well into your theme, though you may override the archive and single pages for the mobilizon_event post type in your of from your theme.
- Archive Page Styles: From WordPress 6.0 on the prefered way is to use the Query-Loop-Block, but it is also possible to use the custom template for the custom post type archive.
- Single Event Page Styles: Fits well in your theme, or you may choose beetwen to custom templates with different positions of featured image
- Recognizes if an event has been updated or deleted on Mobilizon
- Efficient: Only fetches the data it need and caches most things.
Installation and Setup
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the settings page (you can also find it in the admin-menu below your Posts and Pages)
- Enter the Mobilizon-instance domain and your group identifier. You can also simply paste your group-URL like https://mobilizon.any/@examplegroup an the plugin will do the rest. Click the Save button.
The source code for development is hosted at codeberg.org.
Everyone is invited to contribute.
Where do I find the mirrored events on my website?
You can add an custom event list on any page you wish. It is prefrerred to usage a custom Query-Loop-Block and filter it on Mobilizon Events. Additional you can find the archive link on the settings page.
Does the plugin conflict with other Event-Plugins or Post-Types?
By default this plugin uses a prefixed post type called mobilizon_event, but the slug events, may conflict and cause problems. This may be addressed in the future.
How often are the events synced?
You can choose an interval between 2 and 60 minutes.
In your admin navigation menu go to “Appearance”->”Menu”. Then make sure that the “Screen Options” (accessable on the top right) “Mobilizon Events” are marked as visible. Then under “Add menu items” you can select “Mobilizon Events”->”View All”->”Mobilizon Event List”. Then you can choose the Navigation Label (the name as it appears for your sites visitors) by yourself.
Contributors & Developers
“Mobilizon Mirror” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Mobilizon Mirror” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Mobilizon Mirror” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix old single group setting breaks new installations
- Fix bug in the custom sync interval
- Tested up to WordPress 6.1
- Fix sync interval boundaries and display
- Fix event sync failing via very basic task management not to fetch all new events at once
- Fix sync more than 10 future events (up to 1000 for now)
- Add feature to sync multiple groups
- Add setting to use current theme templates via just modifying the post content
- Add adjustable sync interval
- Fix instance list in admin menu
- Tested up to WordPress 6.0
- Fix that events with no end-time set have not been mirrored.
- Initial Release