Minimizes the comment list and turns the comments title (eg. “3 Comments”) into a trigger to view/hide the comments.
Requires no template hacking, only a knowledge of CSS selectors:
- The comments are usually inside a list with a class of “.commentlist” so you probably won’t need to change the option for the “contents”.
- The comments title however may be different on your theme so you may have to change the “trigger” option to something different than the “#comments-title” id. Use “Inspect element” on your post’s page to deterime the correct class or id of the element you want to be the trigger.
The Plugin can be installed directly from the main WordPress Plugin page.
- Go to the Plugins => Add New page.
- Enter ‘minimize comments’ (without quotes) in the textbox and click the ‘Search Plugins’ button.
- In the list of relevant Plugins click the ‘Install’ link for Minimize Comments on Mobile on the right hand side of the page.
- Click the ‘Install Now’ button on the popup page.
- Click ‘Activate Plugin’ to finish installation.
Contributors & Developers
“Minimizes Comments on Mobile” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
1.0 Initial Release