Easily add stock photos to your blog posts without leaving WordPress. Choose from more than 50 million (!) stock photos from Depositphotos, Fotolia and iStock. Enable the affiliate options to earn money from affiliate links automatically. Simply select the photo you want to use, purchase a license to use it from $1, and the plugin will automatically add it to your blog post. Edit the photo online with our powerful integrated photo editor.
- Choose from more than 50 million (!) stock photos on Depositphotos, Fotolia and iStock
- Find, buy and add stock photos to your posts or pages within seconds
- Copyright notices for editorial use can be fully automated
- ALT-Tags are fully automated and the image URL can he automatically re-written for better SEO
- Millions of photos starting at $1
- Supports purchase via credits and subscriptions (Depositphotos and Fotolia only)
- Compare between 3 of the worlds leading stock agencies
- Powerful online photo editor from Aviary. Add text, filters, and many more within WordPress
- Earn money through the optional affiliate program option
- Backup and download your stock photos with one click
Microstock Photo Plugin Support
- Microstock Photo Plugin Homepage
- Check out the awesome features
- Read the installation tutorial
- How it works – Step-by-Step
- If you can not login with your credentials in the plugin settings then there is a minimal chance that your host has some extra security settings enabled. We recommend to enable the
Test modebefore you actually spend money buying stock photos.
- Go into the plugin settings and scroll down to the
Test modeto test the connection to the stock agencies
- You can now test the connection and if you download it will only download a comp file which is free of charge
- Disable the
Test modewhen you are done and if the comp file is downloaded correctly
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it work.
You can install the plugin automatically from within your WordPress interface. Simply login to WordPress, select Plugins from the menu and then Add New. Search for “microstock photo” and click the Install link to automatically install the plugin.
For older versions of WordPress or manual installation:
1. Download the plugin zip file
2. Upload the entire
microstock-photo folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation
3. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4. Add your Depositphotos, Fotolia and iStock Login and Password to the Microstock Photo settings page
5. Access the plugin via the
Add Stock Photo button or via the the
Add Media button in every post or page
Some Web hosts block the purchase and download of photos read the troubleshooting below
- Q: What do i need to use the plugin?
A:To use the Microstock Photo Plugin you need to have accounts at the following stock agencies.Sign up at Depositphotos today and get 5 free credits plus 15% discount on your first purchase. Sign up at Fotolia today and get 3 free credits plus 20% bonus credits on your next purchase. Sign up at iStock today and use coupon code ‘5UPERAM05’ for 20% discount on any purchase of 50 credits and higher.
- Q: I have a question or need help – where can i find it?
A: Please check our Help & FAQ Website for a more detailed help.
Contributors & Developers
“Microstock Photo Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Minor CSS fix
- Complete rewrite of the plugin
- Now works with WordPress 3.8 and higher
- New integrated interface
- Added Depositphotos stock agency as new source
- Added Credits and Subscription download option (Depositphotos and Fotolia only)
- Added Aviary online photo editor
- Added Backup feature to download all bought stock photos
- Fully integrated into the media library
- New Add Stock Photo button in every blog post and page
- Added enhanced affiliate program feature including support for Linkconnector and Webgains
- Fixes issues with broken images at some servers
- Added double check of downloaded images
- Added Microstock Plugin also to “Pages”
- Added WordPress 3.0 Support
- Added iStockphoto as a new optional source for photos
- Added ability to sort search results (i.e. by downloads, price, relevance…)
- Added floating image previews for search result thumbnails
- Added Multi-Agency browser to find images at more than one agency
- Added Crop/Resize/Rotate Feature
- Easier setup and overview on the settings page
- Added a logout button for multiuser blogs
- Added custom copyright caption and copyright notice
- Added a switch to enable/disable the different agencies
- Fixed German umlaut issues
- Fixed issues with subdirectory installation
- Fixed search field issue
- Added 2.91 compatibility
- Added automatic currency recognition via Fotolia API
- Added German umlaut rewrite
- Added link to the new Fotolia special offer on the plugin homepage (English and German)
- Added default copyright caption because of editorial usage within blogs
- Added manual language switch in the search
- Added multi-language functionality
- Added more Languages: English, Spanish, Russian, German
- Added option for custom caption for affiliate link
- Added option to use a custom affiliate link
- Added automatic language recognition for search results
- Added link to new official plugin homepage (English and German)
- Added to the option page settings for Earn Affiliate Revenue
- Added option to choose between affiliate link on the bought picture or on the caption or on both
- Added messages for verification of login name and password
- Added account credit balance message to settings page
- Correction empty blank symbols at the file names.
- Auto scroll down to the downloads link at photo detail page.
- Initial release