This plugin will remove the version information that gets appended to enqueued style and script urls. It will also remove the Meta Generator in the head and in RSS feeds. Adds a bit of obfuscation to hide the WordPress version number and generator tag that many sniffers detect automatically from view source. Option available to selectively exclude any style or script file from version info removal process.
You can enable/disable each removal options from admin dashboard:
- Remove Meta Generator Tag
- Remove Version from Stylesheet
- Remove Version from Script
- Exclude files from version info removal process (by providing comma separated file names)
You have any suggestions to make this plugin better? Please share your thoughts in the support thread.
Dashboard > Settings > Meta Generator and Version Info Remover
- Can I exclude a script/css file?
Yes! You can exclude any script/css files by providing the file names in comma separated format.
- Will this plugin cause any problem with WordPress update process?
Not at all! It will cause no problem with WordPress update process.
Works perfect. Light plugin and can0t be more simple! Great work!
This is a great plugin, it works perfectly on several different versions of WordPress.
- Updated: Data persistence logic on plugin re-activation hook.
- Code updated to eliminate any PHP Notices and to meet PHP Strict Standards requirements.
- Code updated: Support for servers running PHP 5.3 or less added. Version 3.0 used a code that was supported only for PHP 5.4+. This has been modified to support all servers.
- Feature enhancement: Exclude files from version info removal process (by providing comma separated file names).
- Screenshots added
- Updated: WordPress Tested Upto Info. WordPress 4.0 supported.
- Updated: Generator Remover Filter.
- Added: Options to manage the settings from Administrator Dashboard.
- Initial Commit.