Makes media library thumbnails match the WordPress thumbnail size or allows you to choose a new size in Settings: Media (or hard code a custom size named ‘mte_thumbnail’).
Also replaces the default “Crystal” file type icons with smoothly scaling SVG icons that better match the WordPress 3.8+ design.
- Upload the
pluginfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or install via the Add New Plugin menu
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Optional: Enter a media library thumbnail size under Settings: Media
- Optional: Define a custom size called ‘mte_thumbnail’ in functions.php
- Is there an options screen where I can set a custom thumbnail size?
Yes! Just go to Settings: Media and look for “Media Library Thumbnails”.
Note that this will not appear if the size has been hardcoded (see next FAQ).
- Is there a way to hardcode the custom thumbnail size?
To set a custom size, add the line below to functions.php (or a plugin) and adjust the dimensions as needed.
add_image_size( 'mte_thumbnail', 300, 300, true );
- I chose a custom thumbnail size. Why aren’t the thumbnails appearing at that size?
You may need to rebuild your thumbnails:
Or install WP_Thumb so they can be generated on the fly:
Contributors & Developers
“Media Library Thumbnail Enhancer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Add option to enalarge thumbnails in media library modal (pop-up)
- Fix issue with misaligned icons in the insert media modal
- Revise name to better reflect additional features
- Add banner
- Readme fixes
Fix intitial run bug where mte_thumbnail_ud was being incorrectly defined
- Add size options to Settings: Media
- FAQ revisions
- Fix archive icon color
- Tweak icon license text
- FAQ updates
- Replace WordPress bundled Crystal icons with SVG icons
- Fix column sizing bug
- Fix 1.0.1 partial deploy
- Add screenshots
- Initial release