Media Library Gallery automatically creates a gallery with every images posts have in attachment. Support thickbox. To include the gallery in a page, simply write in the post:
[media-library-gallery]. You can also customize: see the documentation for more information!
You always tried to easily make a page or a post to display the content of your Media Library but you never found a way to make it?
Media Library Gallery is the plugin you dreamed for! You just have to install it on your own WordPress installation, to select pages and/or posts where you want to include your gallery, and you’re done! More, the plugin is thickbox ready!
- Upload the directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Now select the page and/or the post where you want to include your gallery. When you find a room in your page just write something like:
- Or use the assistant which should be in the toolbar of you editor!
- Then, you can customize:
excludeto exclude some attachment posts of the gallery. It works both with posts’id and attachments’ pages’ id!
nbdetermines how many pictures you want for a gallery page. Default is 20.
colsdetermines how many pictures you want for a row. Default is everything on the same row. Depending of your theme, images should be automatically displayed on a new row when there is no more room on the width.
tagallows to filter posts by tags.
tag="hello,world"will give attachments from posts tagged with
tag="hello world"will give attachments from posts tagged with
categorymakes exactly the same, but for categories. Take care! If you use in the same time the
categoryoption it makes an logical AND between the two.
orderbyshould be one of the following:
rand. See the WordPress get_posts documentation for more information.
[media-library-gallery exclude="12,13,14" nb=20 cols=4 tag="photos" category="holiday" orderby="date" order="DESC"]should display images from posts tagged with
20images a page,
4images a row. Most recent images should be displayed first. And it won’t display images related to IDS 12, 13, 14.
You can also call directly the plugin in your template code. Call the
media_library_gallery_library() function and give it the options you want as an array. For instance
media_library_gallery_library(array("nb"=>2, "cols"=>1));. Could be useful to display it in a sidebar!
- I get some PHP parse errors! Why?
Probably because you’re using PHP4. You should upgrade to PHP5. You know what? We will dealing soon with PHP6, so don’t be late!
You can also upgrade your
[media-library-gallery]to the latest version because it should be now compatible with PHP4.
- OMG! Your plugin is probably the best one I ever used! But… I need more! Could you add this feature?
Why not? Just ask and we’ll try!
Contributors & Developers
“Media Library Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Now compatible with PHP4. Enjoy!
- Use the builtin
shortcodeAPI to detect the
- Doesn’t display attachments from draft posts anymore.
- You can now set up a number of columns (i.e.: the number of images you would like for a row) with the
- You can filter by tag the attachment’s posts with the
- The same for categories with the
- You can order the images with the
- You can sort them with the
- A button and a special dialog have been added in the
- Fix multiple pages issue.
- Display titles only on one row.
- First release.