- Associate categories to each file in the Media Library
- Edit or delete media categories
- View files associated to categories in a separate submenu page of Media called Media Category Library
- Change the upload date of files in the Media Category Library
- In Media Category Library, view a list of Pages that have the file included in the content.
- Display lists of files by categories using a shortcode: [mediacat cats=”Documents,Images” orderby=”date” order=”DESC”] or [mediacat cats=”Documents,Images” orderby=”title” order=”ASC”]
- Front end search form with customizable rewrite URL — the default URL is /mediacat-library/ (or ?mediacat_library=1 if you use default permalinks), but this can be changed in the plugin settings
- Display front end search form by shortcode: [mediacatform]
media-category-libraryfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enable permalinks (optional but suggested)
- How do I access the frontend search form?
The frontend search form is available as a rewrite URL (requires a permalink structure to be defined); the default URL is http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN_HERE.com/mediacat-library/. You can change the rewrite URL under Settings -> Media Category Library. If you don’t use a permalink structure, you can access it here: http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN_HERE.com/?mediacat_library=1
- How do I change the HTML output of the search form, search results, and/or shortcode output?
Create a directory named media-category-library in your theme directory and then copy the 3 HTML templates (search.php [search form], list.php [search results], and shortcode.php [shortcode output]) from the plugin’s views directory into that new directory. The plugin will use the HTML templates in your theme instead of the ones found in the plugin’s views directory.
Contributors & Developers
“Media Category Library” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Add limit for shortcode options
- Updated screenshots and readme file.
- Added media categories dropdown on Add New Media modal; used solution employed by Media-Taxonomies plugin (https://github.com/Horttcore/Media-Taxonomies).
- Added operator as a shortcode option at request of darksteir
- Added function_exists call for ANOTHER get_current_screen function
- Added function_exists call for get_current_screen function
- Add media category dropdown filter to Media Library list.
- Make changes that allow plugin to play more nicely with new media uploader.
- Allow multiple categories.
- Remove ability to choose category after upload — category association only happens on edit media library page.
- Add distinct to search query and use prepared query.
- Fix number of warnings in error log.
- Fix delete image link from backend library page.
- Added French language support (translation by tlemaire).
- Fix backend search bug.
- Fixed keyword search issue.
- Fixed misspelling in views/list.php (Mar changed to May).
- Added Check All option to search form.
- Changed manage_options to manage_categories.
- Added set height for category container with overflow auto on search form.
- Fixed warning: Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in views/search.php
- Fixed warning: Warning: Missing argument 1 for MediaCategoryLibrary::media_category_content()
- Localization for Media Categories page name
- Added Media Categories taxonomy add/edit page.
- Improved links on edit media page.
- Fixed category deletion issue.
- Added returnposts parameter for shortcode function.
- Fixed shortcode orderby issue.
- Allow title or post_title and date or post_date for short code attributes.
- Add classes to shortcode table output to enable css display:none for certain columns.
- Fixed shortcode sorting issue.
- Add ability to customize templates by copying them to current theme.
- Fixed base url issue with search and pagination.
- Add orderby (title or date) and order (ASC, DESC, menu_order) to search and shortcode.
- Added priority for wp_title add_filter.
- Changed backend posts per page to 20.
- Fixed issues for WordPress subdirectory installs (thanks to Logitec21).
- Added German language support (translation by Logitec21).
- Changed URLs in plugin so that things work if you use default permalinks.
- Add custom column for media category on Media Library listing.
- First release!