This plugin is for BuddyPress, it adds a dashboard menu and a tab in the messages section. Once you navigate into the messages section and click the “Mass Messaging” tab you have access to all the options which you chose in the dashboard.
Including mass messaging to:
- Members of Groups
- Members of Blogs (Sites)
- Select all buttons to allow mass messaging to all members easily.
In this page you also see ‘subject’ and ‘description’ just like on the Buddypress compose page.
- Upload the folder
Mass Messaging in BuddyPressto the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Change the settings in the dashboard under Settings -> Mass Messaging
- Navigate through to the messages section in the frontend to find the mass messaging page
- It’s not loading, what’s wrong?
Firstly, this is only for WordPress (Network too!) running BuddyPress. Check you have these installed correctly. Then, check you have activated the plugin.
- What does “Send as single thread?” mean?
With this ticked, a single message will be sent with everyone as a recipient.
With this un-ticked, each member will receive an individual message from you.
- Sending to more than 100 members in a single thread is currently not supported
Unfortunately it is not currently possible to message more than 100 people in a single thread. This is to ensure that the system remains stable. A future version should hopefully include support for this.
This works great for what I need, thanks a lot!
I found this plugin very useful, and hope the devolopers go ahead adding more features. Also hope the will update more frequently (at the moment, last update is 6 mounths ago)
Thanks for this, working well for me so far.
It’s nice plugin for Groups to do Mass Messaging and liked the idea a lot, but i can’t deploy it on my site, as the danger of miss usage by every user. Missing the following important feature.
To prevent miss usage, i need to have something like:
Mass Messaging > Minimum Access: Contributor > then Mass Messaging can only be send by the creator of the Group ADMINISTRATORS and he can assign again role to MOD/ADMIN for using Mass Messaging.
Mass Messaging > Minimum Access: Author (or higher_ > overrides and can use Mass Messaging in every group.
If i don’t have this approach, then every CONTRIBUTOR could use the Mass Messaging function in every group!! There should be a function that only the Creator of a group Creators can use the Mass Messaging system.
This plugin is not good. It has been out forever, and it still does not work even after a recent update. It still needs a TON of work. I hope that it gets updated to actually work or someone takes it over and fixes it, because it has potential and is something I really need!
It is not clear when it works or does not work. Mass sending to all users doesn’t work. Replying from those messages does not work. May as well take this off the market until it is fixed because it is worthless.
I had to contact my host because this thing started mass emailing my users and I could not stop it. By the time I contacted my host, ALL 400+ of my members had received over 30 emails…and I was getting SPAM complaints.
If this thing actually worked, I would pay money to use it. I like having a way to mass message all my users. So come on! Get this fixed!!!!!!
Thanks for it, five stars
Contributors & Developers
“Mass Messaging in BuddyPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Maintenance release fixing a few bugs
- Adding option to disable use of single thread option
- Improving compatibility with more themes
- Shows success notification once sent all messages
- Fixing support for very large sites
- Fixes a critical defect
- Performance improvements
- Ajax sending to support large sites
- Simplified reordering (drag & drop)
- Group specific access
- Sent messages view count
- Show hidden groups
- Fix a few formatting inconsistencies
- Long lists include scroll-bars
- Allow re-ordering of options
- Completely rewritten
- Support for WP 4.3.1 and BP 2.4.0
- Support for translations (to be added later)