Displays the latest entries of your 360 voice gamerdna blog either as a widget for your sidebar or as a customizable function. The xml data from 360voice is being pulled twice daily with wp_cron.
This script requires at least PHP 5.0 and support for ‘simplexml_load_file’. In the case that this won’t work for the majority of people out there I will rewrite the script to support cURL.
- Register a 360Voice Blog for your XBOX Live Gamertag: http://www.360voice.com/forum/register-full.asp
- Upload the “MarcTV XBOX 360Voice Blog” plugin to your plugin folder or install from within wordpress
- Activate it.
- Enter your XBOX Live Gamertag in the “XBOX 360 Voice Blog” option page under settings.
- Customize the settings according to your needs
- Save your settings
- Go to “Appearance” -> “Widgets”
- Drag the “XBOX360Voice”- Widget into your sidebar
Note: If you don’t have a theme with sidebar support skip to the “Advanced” tutorial below.
If you are a little bit more experienced and want to customize the output just use the template function of this plugin:
‘$xbox360voice_plugin->get_xbox360voice_blog($username = “”, $rl_name = “”, $class_title = “”, $class_list = “”, $class_desc = “”, $class_item = “”,$class_clist = “”,$class_citem = “”)’
You can use it in your template like this:
`get_xbox360voice_blog(‘MarcTV’, ‘Marc’, ‘title’, ‘clr container_12’, ”, ‘grid_4’, ‘clr container_12’, ‘grid_8’); ?>
The first two parameters are the XBOX Live Username and your reallife name. The others are the various css classes you can define.
Contributors & Developers
“MarcTV XBOX 360Voice Blog” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
Fixed admin backend message bugs
- Fixed a wp_cron bug. The event “do_this_hourly” was scheduled everytime the plugin has been activated. Please deactivate und activate the plugin to fix this issue.
- Changed the scheduling time to “twicedaily”.
- Added options to disable credits
Fixed small issues. Added screenshots
- Added avatar image support
- added new plugin homepage
- Fixed wording
- rewrote option functions from scratch
- added HAL 9000 mode
- added option to customize the number of shown items
- fixed real name option not working
- fixed migration bug. Should work fine now for users who use the plugin for the first time.
- wp update fix
- added clean up routine of activation to prevent double scheduling of wp cron
- Added Tutorial
- Added Icon
- Better detection for the correct xml format from 360voice. This should fix the problem for some people with a brand new 360voice account.
- added detection for PHP5 on activation.
- fixed output if the 360voiceblog got less items then defined in the options panel
- Added CSS for widget in footer of twentyten
- added new 360voice API xml source
- added option to disable weekly recap
- rewrote templating
- added date format for items older than a week.
- admin menu is now only visible to super admins.
- Added .first and .last classes to list