Learn how to build better WordPress plugins with this handy tutorial. You’ll learn how to use classes, internationalize your plugin, use ajax from the front and back end and create your own database tables
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Open up
/wp-content/plugins/step1.phpand read through the comments
- Use the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen to advance to Step 2
- Open up
/wp-content/plugins/step2.phpand read through the comments
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you’re done!
Contributors & Developers
“Make My Blog Honest” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Changed usage of wp_print_scripts to wp_enqueue_styles to conform to new standards introduced in WordPress 3.3
- Improved installation functions, stopped using activation / deactivation hooks
- Fixed $wpdb->prepare placeholders for adding a deal
- Moved load_plugin_textdomain into init action
- Moved adding default options into an init action
- Made internationalization work for the tutorial guide
- Moved plugin files into root of plugin directory
- Initial release