This plugin connects your blog to your Make me Droid Android/Iphone application.
You don’t have your mobile application yet? You can get it easily in a few minutes and make it connected to your blog to share your articles.
What can this plugin do for you ?
- It automatically keeps synchronized with your Make me Droid Android or IPhone application.
- It gives you a way to easily get your own mobile app, and because content is automatically shared, you have nothing else to do: you will just attract new readers through the app.
- It automatically sends a PUSH message to your app users every time your write something new on your blog.
- It distributes your blog content as a JSON format that is immediately ready for Make me Droid data sources.
- Through the mobile app, it provides a way for users to share your articles on social networks, to increase your audience.
You can get support from our forum, or write to email@example.com for any bug in the plugin.
- Upload all files to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Visit the ‘Settings/Make me Droid’ menu from your admin panel to get more information.
- What is Make me Droid?
Make me Droid is a free online Android and IPhone application builder.
- Why should I have a mobile app for my blog? I already have a WordPress mobile site.
A mobile website still needs users to type your address manually in a browser. Having your own native mobile app published on the most popular platforms such as Google Play or ITunes helps increasing your visibility. Besides this, you get additional features such as sending PUSH messages to fidelize your users to your blog content.
Contributors & Developers
“Make me Droid Mobile App Connector” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- WordPress posts list can now show more than the 10 latest posts. Make me Droid app “fetch more” capability can handle it to read posts 10 by 10.
- Removed useless empty spaces or carriage returns from text content.
- Fixed picture height value for “large” images.
- Better text content displayed in app (previously contained some unreadable keywords sometimes).
- Better picture search: now getting more “images” in posts to be shown in app.
- Another improvement for the connectivity issue.
- Solved connectivity issue between this plugin and Make me Droid website. Now this plugin should run well on a much larger number of WordPress sites.
- Now working on PHP installations that don’t have the “short open tags” enabled.
- Larger error style to better see when the permalinks are missing, on the plugin configuration page.
- Added credits for Make me Droid in site footer. Feel free to remove it from the plugin if you don’t want to support us.
- Fix: plugin made the whole WP admin become english sometimes. This now doesn’t happen any more.
- Fixed internationalization bug for all blogs not being in english or french. Now correctly falling back to english by default.
- First release of this WordPress plugin.
- Simple connection between Make me Droid and the blog.
- New articles published on the blog send PUSH notifications to the mobile app.
- JSON URLs to get articles, comments, attachments, categories, and post comment.